What Does IOA Need? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
A lagoon show would be a great addition. Dynamite Nights Stuntacular needs to come back to the parks, it was always such a thrilling closing to a great day at USF.

Yeah, I kinda wish they had a show like BraviSEAmo! at TDS (Still don't get why they want to get rid of that).

I'd put a new show in IOA's lagoon. A cross between fantasmic and world of color. less projections and more props... It would have a large stage built in the center of the lagoon, and tell a story from each land... It would use large animatronic dinosaurs like the ones from the touring show walking with the dinosaurs(those things are magnificent), Superhero Island can just use w/e superhero costumes parade around during the day, beating up bad guys, The Suess section would be thing 1&2 causing some ruckus and creating a mess of the stage, then cat in the hat comes in and cleans it all up... Lost continent can have a all pyro/waterscreen Hades vs Zeus battle... And WWOHP can be 2 random kid wizards running into death eaters and using fred and georges stuff to escape(ie, the segment can close with them erasing a dark mark conjured by the death eaters and tossing some "Peruvian instant darkness powder". Dont have an Idea for TL though...

And after IOA were to get their show I would put a show in uni that acts out several well known scenes in movies(and makes fun of them) and turn each scene into some kind of stunt. Or just modify waterworld and bring it to USF.

Open Trikes permanently. Old PF show, Bring back a physical version of kong, none of the 3D crap that will be outdated in 10 years...

Peanuts' Splash Battle - To replace the TL theater (I would rather they add a good show there but they've had years with no result so). You pretty much pick Charlie's or Lucy's team and squirt the other team for points.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Cedar Fair own the rights to the Peanut's? :inquisitive:

The park is fine as it is now, but could always use some TLC. Much of the murals in Marvel need redone, the sun has faded some of them. Some attention to details at JP would be nice. I noticed on the JP entrance gates near HP entrance the flames don't work. Little things like that, and a ride that doesn't involve water would be nice, since we already have Rip Saw Falls, JP and Popeye. I'm just happy Hulk is getting some much needed attention. They finally got the water vortex tunnel working at Poseidon's Fury, so some things are slowly being fixed. Slowly... but surely.

The park is fine as it is now, but could always use some TLC. Much of the murals in Marvel need redone, the sun has faded some of them. Some attention to details at JP would be nice. I noticed on the JP entrance gates near HP entrance the flames don't work. Little things like that, and a ride that doesn't involve water would be nice, since we already have Rip Saw Falls, JP and Popeye. I'm just happy Hulk is getting some much needed attention. They finally got the water vortex tunnel working at Poseidon's Fury, so some things are slowly being fixed. Slowly... but surely.

The flames were working last week at the entrance when i was there. :shrug:

Was it windy while you were there if wind is blowing faster than a certain amount they do not light the flames (or the wind blows them out)

After being in the park today I noticed there are quite a few things that would give IOA a better guest experience.
1. Jurassic park adding the trike encounter as a pre show to river adventure.
2. dark ride for toon lagoon
3. dark ride for jurassic park
4. flat ride for jurassic park
5. 1 or 2 flat rides for toon lagoon

crowding in some of the main walkways can be lightened if there were more entertainment offerings.

Last edited:
From a foreigners point of view, who hasn't been in so many years, it makes sense for them to install at least one large coaster somewhere, and then maybe enhance the other areas, with new smaller rides, extra theming, etc.

From a foreigners point of view, who hasn't been in so many years, it makes sense for them to install at least one large coaster somewhere, and then maybe enhance the other areas, with new smaller rides, extra theming, etc.

Well there really is now room for a large coaster without loss of other attractions, that's one flaw with IOA is there really wasn't much expansion room from day one!

I think they could probably fit it in at the back of Jurassic Park where the jeep ride was going to go coaster wise. And they should open Triceratops permanently and then either have shows in the toon lagoon and add a normal flat ride. Then just slight touch ups and the park would be perfect imo.

---Edit

My mistake just checked WWOHP took that space lol :bang: perhaps extend jurassic park to the maintenance area next to toon lagoon??

Last edited:
I think they could probably fit it in at the back of Jurassic Park where the jeep ride was going to go coaster wise. And they should open Triceratops permanently and then either have shows in the toon lagoon and add a normal flat ride. Then just slight touch ups and the park would be perfect imo.

---Edit

My mistake just checked WWOHP took that space lol :bang: perhaps extend jurassic park to the maintenance area next to toon lagoon??

Thinking about it, of all the areas that should not have a coaster it's JP. I don't think a coaster fits the feel of the islands theme, no coasters just tours, shows, or zoos.

---Edit

That would be cool.

The one thing that needs to be done is to demolish the Toon Lagoon theater and build a Rocky and Bullwinkle mouse coaster. I would besides open up Trike Encounter again, I would like a few more Dinos in RA to make it scarier.

The one thing that needs to be done is to demolish the Toon Lagoon theater and build a Rocky and Bullwinkle mouse coaster. I would besides open up Trike Encounter again, I would like a few more Dinos in RA to make it scarier.

Exactly. SOMETHING needs to go in that theater before anything else is touched in IOA. IMOH it is the top priority.