What would you rather see at Disney's Animal Kingdom? | Inside Universal Forums

What would you rather see at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What do you want to see at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

• Total voters

Andy

aka Hatetofly
Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2010
Just for fun since there is a lot of speculation of Avatar getting its plug pulled and other possible options to replace it. What would you like see at Disney's Animal Kingdom? Below are some of the possibilities we will see added to the park within the next 5 years. Which one do you choose?

Mysterious Island featuring JTTOTE
Disney_Sea.jpg

disneysea_update_008ff.jpg

Beastly Kingdom featuring a dragon themed ride
beastlycastle3.jpg

Australia

australian_wildlife.jpg

Other* Give examples.

Beastly Kingdom. I'd always choose original attractions over clones.

And they still need to make good on the original promise of their logo: THAT THERE BE DRAGONS IN THIS BIOTCH.

aklogo.jpg

Beastly by far. Original attractions not seen anywhere else and a fully fleshed out land. Though I'd settle for the pre-Avatar plan of Mysterious Island with a Beastly Kingdomme slant. I also wouldn't mind a North American land with Grizzly Mountain as the E-ticket.

My order of desire:

1) Beastly Kingdomme
2)Mysterious Island
3) Australia
4) Avatar

But there is a big jump between 2 and 3. Australia isn't much better than Avatar, IMO.

^ My thoughts exactly just switch 1 and 2 around. Although what if Beastly Kingdom came and brought JTTCOTE with it :faint:

I could only go for Beastly Kingdom if it was re-imagined. There is something rather 'Lost Continent' and mish-mashey about the BK concepts I have seen. At least... I think I feel that way. (rather mish-mashey of me)

South America with an UP attraction. Preferably a badass dark ride similar to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey but with different technology since they can't use that ride system.

No character intrusions, please. It's like being constantly fed concentrated Butterbeer: so sweet it actually hurts. I just hope for originality and for what has made Disney the innovative company it is today. For instance, the Matterhorn attraction has survived in its popularity throughout the decades and continues to be a great attraction without any characters. So an Up attraction would be great, personally, but I would keep it in the Studios. Let the true theming flourish for its quality and meticulously crafted self.

No you are not. I had that conversation with a friend long ago. They definiately used the same basic head mold/design.

No character intrusions, please. It's like being constantly fed concentrated Butterbeer: so sweet it actually hurts.

Not to be an idea killer, but they tried no characters with Epcot when it opened. It was a huge fail. In hindsight I can see why. A four year old will look at the castle and go "eh", ride Dumbo and go "eh" but when those little people see the giant versions of famous cartoon characters walking and moving they go bonkers. That justifies the parents idea of why they are there. Disney will never try that lofty idea again even though it might make you and me gag.

Not to be an idea killer, but they tried no characters with Epcot when it opened. It was a huge fail. In hindsight I can see why. A four year old will look at the castle and go "eh", ride Dumbo and go "eh" but when those little people see the giant versions of famous cartoon characters walking and moving they go bonkers. That justifies the parents idea of why they are there. Disney will never try that lofty idea again even though it might make you and me gag.
Well the castle is an icon in itself...unfortunately the no character/celebrity endorsed attraction days are oven sadly...when attractions like Haunted Mansion came out the world was a very different place and attractions like that could stand on their own...I vote for Mysterious Island, always wanted to ride Journey and there is an opportunity for exotic creatures...

South American with a rain forest themed coaster and no I do not mean the restaurant. :lol:

I know it might sound boring or whatever, but what happened to Bambi. That movie is somewhat about conservation. And I don't think there is any reference to Bambi in Disney World !!?!!!?!

Last edited:
Animal Kingdom already has its iconic mountain. I want more animal exhibits, starting with Pandas in Asia. Personally I think they're pretty lame, but a lot of people go bat-sh** crazy over them. It would bring in more people.

Australia would be a better choice for a new land than South America, but Disney doesn't have any popular franchises to hastily shove into it. So that's why I vote for South America + UP.

Another option would be North America. It would be a nice contrast from the wild jungle atmosphere you get most everywhere else in the park. And in a perfect world they would demolish Kali River Rapids, put Pandas in its place, and build Grizzly River Run in North America. And it would actually have bears...

Last edited:
Well, it seems that I am in the small minority yet again. As one of the few fans of the movie, I actually voted for Avatar. If done properly and wholeheartedly, the world of Pandora can be a breath-taking addition to the park. While Animal Kingdom may not seem like the best fit for a Pandora, what other park could it have gone? Studios maybe? With a second and third movie(s) on the way, there's still plenty of ideas left open for expansion. Avatar 2 is said to travel to the oceans of Pandora. I would love some new high-tech water ride. Even though it may not have the fanbase like a Potter, there's no denying the film's blockbuster success. And if marketed properly, the addition of Pandora could skyrocket Animal Kingdom's attendance overnight. Despite all the rumors and speculation, I still believe Avatar is coming to Animal Kingdom, and support it 100%.

It is funny that the project Disney is reportedly still going with is the least favorite of all the options given in this poll.

Well, it seems that I am in the small minority yet again. As one of the few fans of the movie, I actually voted for Avatar. If done properly and wholeheartedly, the world of Pandora can be a breath-taking addition to the park. While Animal Kingdom may not seem like the best fit for a Pandora, what other park could it have gone? Studios maybe? With a second and third movie(s) on the way, there's still plenty of ideas left open for expansion. Avatar 2 is said to travel to the oceans of Pandora. I would love some new high-tech water ride. Even though it may not have the fanbase like a Potter, there's no denying the film's blockbuster success. And if marketed properly, the addition of Pandora could skyrocket Animal Kingdom's attendance overnight. Despite all the rumors and speculation, I still believe Avatar is coming to Animal Kingdom, and support it 100%.
I'm all hands up for Avatar, and I do hope it comes. While I would rather prefer Beastly Kingdom, its certainly better than nothing. It would be a great addition to the park that will certainly increase attendance.