Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Guest Services keep saying Falcon's Fury should be open for HoS 2018, so let's keep our fingers crossed for that I guess? It's so saddening to see it down still.. I'm guessing the lightning did a lot more damage than expected

Guest Services keep saying Falcon's Fury should be open for HoS 2018, so let's keep our fingers crossed for that I guess? It's so saddening to see it down still.. I'm guessing the lightning did a lot more damage than expected

I hope so. I plan on going in OCT and won't go unless its open.

They've been working hard on it and replacing a lot of stuff, interior and exterior. They've stopped hoisting it to the top to work on it, and recently replaced the catches for the hooks on the vehicle itself.. now thats finished, today they were testing the arm that pushes the seats forward at the end of the ride, just repeatedly extending and retracting it. I'd say testing will begin here shortly from the looks if it

With BGW slated to get a Giga-coaster in 2020, it could mean that BGT will get a giga in the near future as well. Both of the Busch Gardens park’s usually get twin coasters: Alpengist/Montu, Sheikra/Gryffin, Cheetah Hunt/Verbolten, Tempesto/Twisted Tiger.

Hopefully, Gwazi comes down by the end of next year. The RMC hope is gone, it’s not happening. They can build the giga there.
Don’t hold your breath. They got Apollo’s Chariot, we got Gwazi. Doesn’t always work the way we hope.

I’d love a B&M hyper or giga though...

Yeah, a 200 ft one...300 is a bit of a stretch

Are you referring to the BGW giga (which is pretty much confirmed, from the coasters footers and the 315 ft height permit) or the BGT giga? BGT hasn’t gotten any major investments since Falcons Fury (Cobras Curse was a relatively cheap investment), so it’d make sense to add something big.

^Cobra's Curse was much more expensive than Falcon's Fury.

Mack coasters aren't cheap, it required far more groundwork than Falcon's Fury and its theming is far more extensive than Falcon's Fury's.

^Cobra's Curse was much more expensive than Falcon's Fury.

Mack coasters aren't cheap, it required far more groundwork than Falcon's Fury and its theming is far more extensive than Falcon's Fury's.

Damn, I didn’t know that. But Cobras Curse wasn’t anything special, while Falcons Fury was a brand new concept.

Sure does,

Although not a giga at 252 feet tall

Please? Please, BGT?

Sure does,

Although not a giga at 252 feet tall
Yes, want.

Are you referring to the BGW giga (which is pretty much confirmed, from the coasters footers and the 315 ft height permit) or the BGT giga? BGT hasn’t gotten any major investments since Falcons Fury (Cobras Curse was a relatively cheap investment), so it’d make sense to add something big.
I was referring to Sea World's...I hope both Busch parks get a giga/hyper, but I'm not holding my breath

According to BGWFans, they will be getting a very large coaster, 315 ft, in 2020. So it's very likely a giga.

I also see BGT getting a possible giga in the next few years. BGT had already wanted one instead of Cobra's Curse, but was shot down because the park wanted a more family friendly ride after Falcon.

Plus, in the earnings reporting, they said they plan to spend $150 million each year in capex. If they plan to spend that each year, they are going to have some major investments in at least a couple parks and then minor investments in the others. So far most of the rumors for next year's attractions seem to be small, which they may be starting that $150 mil in 2020 then. Unless SWT gets a major addition. They are more than likely getting something for 2019 it seems. Aside from that, BGT's Sky Rocket II and SWF's Sesame seem to be the biggest investments so far. But yes, the parks aren't broke. They are still very profitable, despite the last few years of bad stock/attendance. Bad attendance for a SW/BG park is a great year for a lot of smaller parks. They just hadn't been performing where they used to. Hopefully this good luck streak continues.

According to BGWFans, they will be getting a very large coaster, 315 ft, in 2020. So it's very likely a giga.

I also see BGT getting a possible giga in the next few years. BGT had already wanted one instead of Cobra's Curse, but was shot down because the park wanted a more family friendly ride after Falcon.

Plus, in the earnings reporting, they said they plan to spend $150 million each year in capex. If they plan to spend that each year, they are going to have some major investments in at least a couple parks and then minor investments in the others. So far most of the rumors for next year's attractions seem to be small, which they may be starting that $150 mil in 2020 then. Unless SWT gets a major addition. They are more than likely getting something for 2019 it seems. Aside from that, BGT's Sky Rocket II and SWF's Sesame seem to be the biggest investments so far. But yes, the parks aren't broke. They are still very profitable, despite the last few years of bad stock/attendance. Bad attendance for a SW/BG park is a great year for a lot of smaller parks. They just hadn't been performing where they used to. Hopefully this good luck streak continues.
A Giga/Hyper has been rumored for BGT before Jungala was under construction....Silverback comes to mind

I believe their lack of attendance can be attributed to no reason to visit...There is no cutting edge headliner that drew people to the parks recently...Not to mention increased competition from Universal and Disney...I totally understand the budget cutting they've been doing

2020 will be another major addition to Seaworld Orlando, I think, so I can't see BGT getting a massive coaster until 2021. Some here speculate 2020 might see BGT getting a flatride, that would be nice really, screaming swing perhaps, or giant frisbee.

2020 will be another major addition to Seaworld Orlando, I think, so I can't see BGT getting a massive coaster until 2021. Some here speculate 2020 might see BGT getting a flatride, that would be nice really, screaming swing perhaps, or giant frisbee.

Where are you hearing that 2020 will have another major SeaWorld addition? I doubt they get anything substantial that year, because they've gotten two major additions in the previous two years, and three in the previous four.