What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, when I say "family coaster", I'm asking for something with special effects and maybe a forward backward segment like Dollywood...and some theming
Although you did mention it, I will reiterate. ,. .What you are looking for is already in the park, sans special effects. It would be nice to get a darkoaster but where would you plant a box in the park? The good thing about "family" coasters is so many companies make really models like. . .
FC_2191_LoL_02_0001.jpg

and
1b71188d5496d08d4a4acf80e7095e1ebc5b9780-track-suspended-family-coaster-450.png

and
f9edcbab10c6b45d339cd915410e05f07bd1b14b-track-family-boomerang-rebound.png

and
family_launch_coaster-1.1400x0.jpg

Reactions: shiekra38
Although you did mention it, I will reiterate. ,. .What you are looking for is already in the park, sans special effects. It would be nice to get a darkoaster but where would you plant a box in the park? The good thing about "family" coasters is so many companies make really models like. . .
Yes, they already have the "family coaster" box checked

Personally, something like Juvelen (below) but with a drop track or forward/backward moment would suffice

Firechaser Express is mostly outside with a small indoor showscene

It wouldn't be too terribly difficult to theme it to jungle ruins

It would need to have some kind of showscene to be be satisfactory for me tbh

If it's in lieu of something higher calliber with airtime, then it's a no go for me

The first one just feels like cheetah hunt to me but I will agree, firechaser express is a top tier coaster. So many factors go into make it one of the best. The location on the side of a mountain, the small launches and effects around the coaster. It's no wonder why it seems to always have the longest lines in the park. I think i mentioned it but i'd rather see some family flats return to the park before a coaster to be honest.

So we potentially have 4 active developments for new coasters, assuming I'm understand the rumor mill to this point so far lol.
  • Some kind of Giga coaster from Jungala to behind Congo/Kumba
  • New LSM Launch coaster next to Serengeti Flyers
  • Some ATV-themed launched family coaster (location unknown)
  • now a SandSerpent replacement.
This could get interesting really quickly, lol.

Reactions: shiekra38
So we potentially have 4 active developments for new coasters, assuming I'm understand the rumor mill to this point so far lol.
  • Some kind of Giga coaster from Jungala to behind Congo/Kumba
  • New LSM Launch coaster next to Serengeti Flyers
  • Some ATV-themed launched family coaster (location unknown)
  • now a SandSerpent replacement.
This could get interesting really quickly, lol.
I'm not sold on the ATV coaster...I wouldn't be surprised if it got moved to SW

I did hear the Pantheon/Veloci-esque attraction was a possibility for BGT...which would be awesome

IF (and I'm not convinced it's happening) something is going into Pantopia, and if there is a family coaster coming in some form, I'd imagine Sand Serpent may leave the park. It's small, and relatively low capacity, and could easily move to one of the two Sesame Place parks to become a big new attraction.

Sand Serpent is right next to the Phoenix, and they are also adjacent to the Rhino Rally area. We could see something fill in all that area. Google Maps

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
IF (and I'm not convinced it's happening) something is going into Pantopia, and if there is a family coaster coming in some form, I'd imagine Sand Serpent may leave the park. It's small, and relatively low capacity, and could easily move to one of the two Sesame Place parks to become a big new attraction.

Sand Serpent is right next to the Phoenix, and they are also adjacent to the Rhino Rally area. We could see something fill in all that area. Google Maps
Sand Serpent is a transplant from BGW I believe so it may be better to just let it die lol

There is some backstage animal stuff that happens back there before you get to the Rhino plot, not saying it's impossible to use, just something to consider

This is the plot you would have if you stayed within the bounds of the area (this is assuming the Busch Flyers and Kiddie Train are staying...you'd have more room if not)

Untitled-1.jpg

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I think people may be reading too much into survey markings. Any kind of digging requires locating utilities, so it may just be a new sewer water line or something simple and not necessarily a new attraction.

Sand Serpent is a transplant from BGW I believe so it may be better to just let it die

I would have thought when they removed the Sandstorm it was destined for the scrap heap, but they moved it to Sesame Place and refurbed it.

I think people may be reading too much into survey markings. Any kind of digging requires locating utilities, so it may just be a new sewer water line or something simple and not necessarily a new attraction.
Not only has surveying been seen behind Jungala and SandSerpent, we've seen physical survey crews in the park basically everywhere between the Nairobi Train Station and SandSerpent facing toward Serengeti Flyer, which lines up with the "Jethro Phase 2" theory. And as far as I've known thus far, Jethro Phase 2 includes a new Intamin LSM coaster.