What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oh, you aren't kidding. Mean Streak (or as it was also called Mean Screech) was not a good coaster from day one. Interesting layout that made no use of the speed from the first hill. It got worse over time and was just vicious. Son of Beast (perfect initials but for a slightly different name) - it was terrible with an extremely boring layout. It's the only coaster that I have been jackhammered on so bad that I basically had to quit riding for the day. Motion sickness sucks but that coaster literally literally made you feel like you had been worked over by a gang armed with aluminum baseball bats. Those two are the worst coasters that I have ever ridden, bar none. Unsurprisingly, Son of Beast's designers, GCCA, also designed The Rattler which was also a bad coaster. Youtube it and watch the first drop track sway as the coaster goes down.

I don't know if Gwazi got that bad towards the end or not. Again, I rode it back in 1999.
I'll second that on Mean Streak. Not only was it super rough from day one (I rode it the first month it was open) it wasn't even very thrilling. A lot of coaster there but not much entertainment value.

If this park gets a giga which would be amazing with a silverback theme ( silver track with black supports would be amazing) and have it be focused on airtime, something the other giga coasters in America don't do would make this a must visit everytime you are in florida. Also think replacing Gwazi with a Vekoma like Lech Coaster coming to a park in Europe would be fabulous. Vekoma is very much stepping up their game. Or an RMC Trex coaster would be awesome

Last edited:
If this park gets a giga which would be amazing with a silverback theme ( silver track with black supports would be amazing) and have it be focused on airtime, something the other giga coasters in America don't do would make this a must visit everytime you are in florida. Also think replacing Gwazi with a Vekoma like Lech Coaster coming to a park in Europe would be fabulous. Vekoma is very much stepping up their game. Or an RMC Trex coaster would be awesome

I wouldn't use Vekoma at all. Their track record points to some rides that don't age well. RMC is hard to figure out. They haven't been around all that long but their rides look very interesting. I would take a closer look at Mack or Gerstlauer.

What coasters/manufactures can be possible for a new coaster:
B&M-BGT pretty much has the best of B&M other than a hyper/giga coaster:
Intamin- Family launch?
Vekoma- Nope.
S&S- Eh.
RMC- Possible, replace a woodie with a "woodie"

How quickly people forget, or maybe haven't ridden, Mean Streak...Literally the craziest woody I've ever been on...And not in a good way

Gwazi wasn't as bad as some Northern wood coasters I've ridden....Son of Beast for instance, I thought I was going to die
Oh God, 30 seconds into Mean Streak and I knew it was a bad decision.....

Reactions: Mad Dog
Guys please look at vekomas new coasters they are very well made and insasne. In the next ten years I believe they can be a top manufacturer

Want a Coaster to replace the Coaster we lost in Gwazi...but I ALSO want another water ride to replace the ride we lost in Tidal Wave. I still don't get why they closed that ride. Made me mad.

Reactions: MontuBGT
Want a Coaster to replace the Coaster we lost in Gwazi...but I ALSO want another water ride to replace the ride we lost in Tidal Wave. I still don't get why they closed that ride. Made me mad.
Costed a lot to keep it running with no one really riding it. It was pretty much always walk on with boats running empty often

Reactions: MontuBGT

I was thinking about that. What if BGT wanted to go the themed water ride route similar to the water rides in Orlando to a lesser degree? If they built something like Journey to Atlantis at BGT, I'd be more than happy.

I was thinking about that. What if BGT wanted to go the themed water ride route similar to the water rides in Orlando to a lesser degree? If they built something like Journey to Atlantis at BGT, I'd be more than happy.
Something good does need to go the Stanleyville since Tidal Wave closed. Maybe something like another rollercoaster would make me happy. I like how they try to put some water rides in the park but I think the only popular water ride in BGT is Congo. Maybe replacing Tidal Wave with a good themed rollercoaster, it could bring even more guests to that area because we all know Sheikra is the only thing thats attracting guests to that area.

One thing I can see happening is the remainder of the Bird Gardens area being an expansion for Walkabout Way; making a complete Australian area. With the removal of the bird theater, it opened a lot of space. I know many would cringe at the thought seeing as it's one the the few semi-intact areas of the original park. If something like this were to happen, I can imagine it being similar to how the San Marco/Italy area (Da Vinci's Garden of Inventions) at BGW is set up with flats and manicured gardens. The park definitely needs some flat rides. I could see a wave swinger, swinging ship, magic carpet and one or 2 other small flats (already have Gwazi Gliders which could stay). Too bad they moved Sandstorm to Sesame Place. If they wanted to go all out, include the Gwazi plot and build a kangaroo themed coaster which hops through the area at some point.

This may sound crazy, but I'm sure others have thought worse....lol

A water coaster would be great an unique to replace Tidal Wave...

It is interesting how Tidal Wave and Gwazi Park line up on the map though