Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Interesting quote from Midway Mayhem (sorry, I forgot your username on here Dan), but they're already hinting at another future project. Iron Gwazi sets the bar a little higher for that.

Yea from what the guy said in the video ,whatever coaster is coming next it’s gonna be taller and better, so next logical coaster should be a giga, especially since they don’t have a big coaster without inversions.

I do like the "Soarin Over Africa" idea mentioned a little while ago, though I would hope the Critters show would continue in one of the other unused theaters since it's easily the park's best show right now. I know people from the parks read this stuff (which is why I post it lol), so hopefully they'll seriously consider something like that, if not in Pantopia then somewhere in the park. I'm sure I've said this way too many times on here, but Busch Gardens needs some sort of centerpiece attraction that isn't a roller coaster and that really captures the theme of the park, the way Rhino Rally and Iceploration/Katonga did.

I do like the "Soarin Over Africa" idea mentioned a little while ago, though I would hope the Critters show would continue in one of the other unused theaters since it's easily the park's best show right now. I know people from the parks read this stuff (which is why I post it lol), so hopefully they'll seriously consider something like that, if not in Pantopia then somewhere in the park. I'm sure I've said this way too many times on here, but Busch Gardens needs some sort of centerpiece attraction that isn't a roller coaster and that really captures the theme of the park, the way Rhino Rally and Iceploration/Katonga did.
Totally agree. I absolutely love Busch’s coasters and the animal exhibits, but the park really needs that centerpiece attraction.

If Legoland can build a flying theater I don't see why Busch couldn't

I know we're all excited for Iron Gwazi, but just to stir up conversation a little. I really would love to see a flat ride added to the park, particularly something more family oriented. I think BGT should really model themselves after BGW. BGW seriously has one of the best varieties in attractions of any park out there (was even better when they had Curse of DarkKastle).

I think a Screamin Swing would be a perfect fit for the Jungala area of the park. They could put it where those trucks and boats are, and they could theme it to Orangutans! Plus that side of the park could really use something new.

I think a Screamin Swing would be a perfect fit for the Jungala area of the park. They could put it where those trucks and boats are, and they could theme it to Orangutans! Plus that side of the park could really use something new.

They could add a star flyer as an updated version of the old Swinging Vines ride that was in Congo (now Jungala)

I know we're all excited for Iron Gwazi, but just to stir up conversation a little. I really would love to see a flat ride added to the park, particularly something more family oriented. I think BGT should really model themselves after BGW. BGW seriously has one of the best varieties in attractions of any park out there (was even better when they had Curse of DarkKastle).

They have something planned for 2021-22 but idk ¯\_( ツ )_/¯

I mean just by following trend, RR is an area that already has a queue ready to be used and there is literally no ride from Cheetah Hunt to Pantopia so yeah, I could see it being a good fit for a new attraction.

I just hope that they take into account that the area is kinda nice and naturalistic without a huge towering attraction, especially since there are a lot of animal habitats, so something lower to the ground and lowkey would be a good fit.

I'm on the #bringrhinorallyback train, but it is pretty short and doesn't stop often.

I still think it was one of the coolest rides at the whole park, not to mention the whole chain. It's 'ride' segment was also much more exciting then Animal Kingdom's equivalent.
Yes, RR was surprisingly better than Kilamanjaro when it worked correctly

That area is prime for development though

I'm on the #bringrhinorallyback train, but it is pretty short and doesn't stop often.

I still think it was one of the coolest rides at the whole park, not to mention the whole chain. It's 'ride' segment was also much more exciting then Animal Kingdom's equivalent.
Agreed.

Such a shame that Busch has gotten rid of their two most ambitious attractions...Rhino Rally and Curse of Darkastle. The parks could use more of these types of attractions.

Such a shame that Busch has gotten rid of their two most ambitious attractions...Rhino Rally and Curse of Darkastle. The parks could use more of these types of attractions.

True, they were both their most ambitious projects, but neither really delivered on their promises and both were expensive to maintain for mediocre guest satisfaction scores. Cost cutting needed to be done, and when it comes to what was removed versus other possible removals for cost savings, they made the right choices.

True, they were both their most ambitious projects, but neither really delivered on their promises and both were expensive to maintain for mediocre guest satisfaction scores. Cost cutting needed to be done, and when it comes to what was removed versus other possible removals for cost savings, they made the right choices.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't think this part is accurate. Rhino Rally was loved by most people who visited BGT when it was running correctly. It was probably the most advanced outdoor ride of it's time.

While I agree with most of what you said, I don't think this part is accurate. Rhino Rally was loved by most people who visited BGT when it was running correctly. It was probably the most advanced outdoor ride of it's time.
I dunno. The "washed away" segment was more like being stuck in an overflowing bathtub on a Tom Sawyer's Island raft that the thrilling adventure it was advertised to be. One of my friends after riding it said "Whatever they paid for the ride, it was too much". I found the finale "meh" myself

I dunno. The "washed away" segment was more like being stuck in an overflowing bathtub on a Tom Sawyer's Island raft that the thrilling adventure it was advertised to be. One of my friends after riding it said "Whatever they paid for the ride, it was too much". I found the finale "meh" myself
It was toned down a bit...When it first opened I thought I was going to get drenched

Also, the car would tilt a bit more on the raft

At some point they stopped caring about it