Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which Busch Gardens?

Which one?

• Total voters
Agree to Disagree, I think that Alpengeist utilizes it's environment much better than Montu. Flying over Le Scoot is epic.
I think that BGW utilizes it's ethnic food better. And the Festhaus is a classic!

Again topography, and I prefer Montu it is way more intense. Now would I kill for AP...YES!
Ate at the Fausthouse... to me it was theme park food thats all, nothing special.
It seems to me the BGW gets more than BGT which is weird considering Tampa is a year round park.

Again topography, and I prefer Montu it is way more intense. Now would I kill for AP...YES!
Ate at the Fausthouse... to me it was theme park food thats all, nothing special.
It seems to me the BGW gets more than BGT which is weird considering Tampa is a year round park.

It depends, Did you go into the German food line or the Regular line, Because the German food is Amazing!

Oh and they have this German Pretzel shop where the pretzels are to die for!

BGW is just starting to get more stuff because according to some rumors, Blackstone is putting BGW as the top park priority in the chain

I've been to both numerous times and I personally prefer BGT. I'm an animal guy so go figure. And when it comes to coasters.

1. Apollos Chariot

2.Sheikra
3.Montu
4.Cheetah Hunt
5.Kumba
6.Alpengiest

7.The rest

BGW has more theme to it naturally. It's main focus is culture. BGT has that wildlife/conservation feel. It's like a giant zoo with rides. So if you really appreciate every detail BGW is going to take the cake. If you like having a good time doing stuff the entire family will have fun with it will probably be BGT.

I prefer the immersive themeing to BGW. Not much of an animal person. But the animal exhibits at BGT have really stepped up their environs starting in the '93 with Myombe Reserve. They have really improved the park a lot since my first visit in '83. (Python was my first looping coaster). But my ranking is mostly nostalgic in nature as when I visited BGT in '83, BGW was by far the better park. Now there is actually a debatable comparison. Then, not so much.

But Busch Entertainment treats BGW as their "Flagship Resort" and it gets preferance on funding. It is supposedly getting an on-site themed resort hotel that will have access to Kingsmill on the James Resort golf course. That will never happen at BGT given the neighborhood. It is pretty obvious that Busch Ent. considers BGW the better resort.

That alone tweaks the nose of people that have a nostalgic connection to BGT.

BGW has more theme to it naturally. It's main focus is culture. BGT has that wildlife/conservation feel. It's like a giant zoo with rides. So if you really appreciate every detail BGW is going to take the cake. If you like having a good time doing stuff the entire family will have fun with it will probably be BGT.

So many Great Hidden Gems in BGW! Such as the Little Restaurant and pub in Ireland

BGW is more beautiful, coasters are close but I do like Apollo's Chariot.

The only problem is its not in Florida, so I've only been there once. I've been to BGT more times than I can count.

Agree to Disagree, I think that Alpengeist utilizes it's environment much better than Montu. Flying over Le Scoot is epic.
I think that BGW utilizes it's ethnic food better. And the Festhaus is a classic!

How does it utilize the environment better? ive seen POV's of Alpengeist but Montu in my opinion is one of the most enjoyable, intense, smoothest, beautiful coasters Ive ever seen. It utilizes the Savannah and have I mentioned the views from the Savannah and on ride are just absolutely gorgeous?

Biased maybe but I really do think Montu is better overall in terms of looks and environment

Nothing compares to Alpengeist's first drop. and Alpie utilizes it's environment better because it spans a HUGE part of the park, while Montu is stuffed into a corner. And flying over le Scoot and forests is better than flying over dirt and temples.

Nothing compares to Alpengeist's first drop. and Alpie utilizes it's environment better because it spans a HUGE part of the park, while Montu is stuffed into a corner. And flying over le Scoot and forests is better than flying over dirt and temples.

Most often than not youre over green grass?? I guess I just prefer it more

Like someone else said, BGW is just a more well-rounded park with more varied types of attractions, great theming, and incredible scenery. It really is a beautiful park.

I dream to go to BGW. It looks like such a beautiful park. I also long to ride The Loch Ness Monster/Apollo's Chariot/Verbolten. And plus, BGW actually has indoor rides and other things to do besides just outdoor roller coasters. And the theming just looks absolutely top notch.

I want to go so bad...

I dream to go to BGW. It looks like such a beautiful park. I also long to ride The Loch Ness Monster/Apollo's Chariot/Verbolten. And plus, BGW actually has indoor rides and other things to do besides just outdoor roller coasters. And the theming just looks absolutely top notch.

I want to go so bad...

While the Williamsburg park is beautiful the real reason to go is Apollo IMO. Kumba, Montu, and Sheikra trump their coaster collection hands down. Can't speak for Verbolten but I do enjoy Cheetah Hunt!

I also think Cheetah Hunt is great, I think those that don't like it don't understand what its larger purpose is.

Apollo is a great B&M, I prefer this hyper to Raging Bull.

I also think Cheetah Hunt is great, I think those that don't like it don't understand what its larger purpose is.

Apollo is a great B&M, I prefer this hyper to Raging Bull.

I was really disappointed with Cheetah Hunt. I was expecting a little tamer Maverick but instead got 3 fun launches and a bunch of blah in between. I guess it's a decent coaster for the younger riders though.