Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Whole Foods / Prime Now Delivery to UOR Hotels

Apr 14, 2016
Atlanta, Ga.
In the past, we've taken time in the afternoon to go to Publix or to a local convenience store to get some essentials for our trip (bottled water, breakfast bars, bananas, etc.)

I've recently started using Prime Now delivery from Whole Foods - and was curious if anyone has used this service while staying on-site at UOR.

They have one-hour delivery windows so this is definitely more convenient than trying to grab an uber, go to the store and then lug everything back in an uber and to the room.

In the past, we've taken time in the afternoon to go to Publix or to a local convenience store to get some essentials for our trip (bottled water, breakfast bars, bananas, etc.)

I've recently started using Prime Now delivery from Whole Foods - and was curious if anyone has used this service while staying on-site at UOR.

They have one-hour delivery windows so this is definitely more convenient than trying to grab an uber, go to the store and then lug everything back in an uber and to the room.
No, but that's a genius move...I do wonder if it's possible

No, but that's a genius move...I do wonder if it's possible
I haven't been able to find any restrictions (have added Sapphire Falls as the delivery and got to the "Place Order" screen on Prime Now).

I guess it's similar to UberEats (definitely something I've used at UOR hotels). Just curious if anyone has used it (and I guess recommending it if no one has, ha)!

I know that they allow you to do that at Disney World hotels so I would be surprised if you are not able to do it at Universal hotel.

I’ve used Instacart, which is a similar service before at Disney hotels and all they need to do is drop off the groceries at the bellhop (They even have a place to put refrigerated items) and you call the bellhop after you get a notification the times have been delivered for them to bring it up to you. So I would assume it would be the same at UOR.

I haven't been able to find any restrictions (have added Sapphire Falls as the delivery and got to the "Place Order" screen on Prime Now).

I guess it's similar to UberEats (definitely something I've used at UOR hotels). Just curious if anyone has used it (and I guess recommending it if no one has, ha)!
Sorry I'm not more help, but I would like to know the answer

We've used Instacart and similar services several times without trouble. Like the site says, the hotel itself won't accept groceries. (Not many people do it, but most hotels will accept and hold 'normal' packages for guests.) As long as you're meeting the courier personally, it's no different than ordering a pizza.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I searched and this is the only discussion on the topic I saw, anyway, I haven't ordered groceries to a on-site hotel (specifically HRH) since pre pandemic, probably around the last time this thread was commented in. Trying to see if anything has changed... new covid rules, or anything that would restrict me from meeting the courier and doing this old trick again.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I searched and this is the only discussion on the topic I saw, anyway, I haven't ordered groceries to a on-site hotel (specifically HRH) since pre pandemic, probably around the last time this thread was commented in. Trying to see if anything has changed... new covid rules, or anything that would restrict me from meeting the courier and doing this old trick again.
I used Instacart in Fall 2021 at Cabana Bay and it was pretty standard operation. Met the driver right outside the main lobby entrance.

I ordered InstaCart from Publix Now in September 2021 with no issues. Just meet them at the lobby drop off.

I have no experience ordering anything to the resorts, but just wanted to point out that on the UUOP podcast, I think the episode about money saving tips, 3 of the 4 hosts talked about experiences receiving packages at Universal. Now, packages are different that perishable groceries, but when the desk signed for them (I can't remember which resort) and the hosts went to pick up their packages, they were charged a $35 fee. In both cases (two of the hosts are married so they count as the same case/instance) that fee was substantially higher than the cost of what was shipped to them and completely unexpected.

If it's perishable stuff that the desk can't accept and you make sure you get a delivery window and are near by and have your phone, you should be fine...but if you order some non-perishable groceries from regular Amazon or Target or something (chips, breakfast bars, coffee, etc) you could be in for an expensive surprise.

Pretty sure it's episode #511 if you want to check it out: