Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Who's making the Gringotts track?

Who is the coaster manufacturer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
I think everyone knows where I stand, where do you? :lol:

I say premier- they seem to have a good relationship with Universal and I think they're quality. The track looks a good deal like the Mummy's as well

All I can say right now is that the track we have pictures of is not any variation of Intamin triangle track I've seen (and I've seen quite a bit up close and personal).

EDIT: USO92, Rockit was made by Mauer Sohne.

Mauer Sohne. It's guaranteed it won't be them.:lol:

Hallelujah. I just noticed a similarity on the back turnaround loop of HRRR to the brake segment of HP track and was hoping that that coaster wouldnt be credited to Premier or Intamin lol.

I love Intamin and what can of possibilites could come out of that but this is no millenium force. Heck this will barely be a coaster, but from what Im thinking premier is the way to go.

Purely based on what is visible, it's not Intamin. Though they do make a variation of their typical hollow box/triangle shaped track connected by diagonal bars, those variations usually have more prominently rounded spines and a much different look. Not to mention Intamin would be much less reliable for an indoor compact themed coaster considering the closest they have to a themed coaster is California Screamin (outdoors and large)...Thi13teen is also primarily outdoors and takes up a large footprint. Considering Premier's track record (pun intended hehe), I'm going to go with them.

Mauer Sohne aren't really that bad. They just had a bad run with HRRR. We have a coaster from them here in Australia and it hasn't had any issues.

I don't care what the track looks like I am sticking with HTF on this one. He has had so much info lately, I am willing to go with him. Also companies make different track all the time depending on the requirements of the ride. Considering that this is not going to be an ordinary roller coaster its understandable that a company could design track for it, especially when the client is Universal. Also if the ride behaves like Intamin rides do in Australia there shouldn't be any issues (most of our coasters are intamin and only one has had issues caused by intamin) and not how they seem to act everywhere else.

Last edited:
I voted for Gerstlauer, not because I think it's them, but because I think a high capacity Euro Fighter would be AWESOME for Universal.

Maurer will not ever build a coaster at another major theme park in America.

I'm thinking Premier. It looks slightly different to their usual style, but that will be the case for whichever manufacturer this turns out to be - it isn't exactly the same as anything that's out there right now but manufacturers evolve these things from time to time - for example Intamin's new double spine which was brought in on I305 and then used again on Skyrush. From the technical point of view, it's most likely to be Premier. And therefore, seeing as it looks similar enough as well to just be a new slight redesign I say Premier.

My speculation:

Reasons it's not Intamin:
Track resembles nothing they have made. This looks like heavy duty track. If it were Intamin I'm pretty sure we would be seeing the new double-spined track.

Reasons it's Premier:
Track resembles Skyrocket's, only it appears more heavy duty.
Rendering of RVs that was leaked looked very similar to ROTM.
Cross-training for maintenance and operations staff would be easier.
Reliability.
Interchangeable parts with ROTM.
If this is going to be a combination of Spidey and ROTM it makes perfect sense. Premier and Oceaneering are only 20 minutes away from each other.

So yeah, there it is...

Purely based on what is visible, it's not Intamin. Though they do make a variation of their typical hollow box/triangle shaped track connected by diagonal bars, those variations usually have more prominently rounded spines and a much different look. Not to mention Intamin would be much less reliable for an indoor compact themed coaster considering the closest they have to a themed coaster is California Screamin (outdoors and large)...Thi13teen is also primarily outdoors and takes up a large footprint. Considering Premier's track record (pun intended hehe), I'm going to go with them.

I will check you on that, Intamin have a half indoors dark ride/outside roller coaster here in Australia. Its called Superman Escape, at Warner Bros Movie World.

I'd hardly call Superman Escape half dark ride...

I would certainly agree. A few dark rooms with flashing lights, some water pouring in, and 2 cop cars busted through the roof hardly constitutes as a dark ride.

Unless it's night time. Then it would be a dark.....well anyway..

I would say its a rollercoaster with a couple of dark ride elements.