Why It Never Happened: Gotham City | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Why It Never Happened: Gotham City

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, with Disney acquiring companies lately and its unethical tactics against local theaters, I prefer Universal not give up the Marvel rights at all.
I can side with that. I just want to see a marvel land done right with its most recent and current success. Universal can not deliver that though.

I can side with that. I just want to see a marvel land done right with its most recent and current success. Universal can not deliver that though.

I think there are deals to be made here between Disney, Fox, Comcast and Hulu that could affect MSHI.

I'd love to see the MCU being brought to the parks in Orlando even if it would be dated in about 10 years but seeing what Disney is doing with Marvel in the parks already I don't think it's going to be any where near as good as we'd hope it would be.

I'm still more than happy with MSHI and I still put Spider-Man as the GOAT.

I think there are deals to be made here between Disney, Fox, Comcast and Hulu that could affect MSHI.

I'd love to see the MCU being brought to the parks in Orlando even if it would be dated in about 10 years but seeing what Disney is doing with Marvel in the parks already I don't think it's going to be any where near as good as we'd hope it would be.

I'm still more than happy with MSHI and I still put Spider-Man as the GOAT.

I'll respectively disagree on some points.

1. Spiderman is an okay ride. Definitely not one of the best.

2. I have to believe if Disney were to fully recreate current MCU , it would be nothing short of phenomenal. Maybe I'm crediting Disney too much, but there is no way they can do anything less than what we have now, aesthetically.

Now what do they create to anchor a land or ride stories? Who knows can go a number of ways but I suppose this new guardians ride would give a preview of what we could expect if it does happen where Disney has that opportunity.

As it currently sits, Hulk is one of the better themed coasters there is, especially for a superhero. It has a story line in the queue that follows up to the actual ride. That is awesome. That energy is the same energy that would need to be in any MCU additions at Disney. Spiderman has that same thing going on too.

I'll hope things change among the messy situation with contracts one day. Who knows, WB, has a good relationship with Universal already, we'll see Scott.

Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be better than Spider-Man?
There are other Orlando rides I enjoy more than spiderman. It's a great ride, not something I'm going to ride every time I go to Islands of Adventure. I just don't think here is any 'Greatest Ride of All Time' ride that exists. Rides are unique from their ride systems, themes, story lines, queues, and exits. There personally isn't a greatest for myself. If 95% of the world thinks Spiderman is the greatest than thats what it is. I just take all given to me with an open mind.

To answer your question, Gringotts. It's a Hybrid but a coaster. Has Physical sets great queue. The coaster element edges it to be better to me. And I am in the minority but Transformers is more enjoyable than Spiderman too. I just don't like to really do the comparison things because Spiderman is older so I guess for it's time it was constructed it was the best. If you get my drift.

Reactions: Nick
There are other Orlando rides I enjoy more than spiderman. It's a great ride, not something I'm going to ride every time I go to Islands of Adventure. I just don't think here is any 'Greatest Ride of All Time' ride that exists. Rides are unique from their ride systems, themes, story lines, queues, and exits. There personally isn't a greatest for myself. If 95% of the world thinks Spiderman is the greatest than thats what it is. I just take all given to me with an open mind.

To answer your question, Gringotts. It's a Hybrid but a coaster. Has Physical sets great queue. The coaster element edges it to be better to me. And I am in the minority but Transformers is more enjoyable than Spiderman too. I just don't like to really do the comparison things because Spiderman is older so I guess for it's time it was constructed it was the best. If you get my drift.
Everyone has their own opinion and even among theme park fans Spider-Man isn't always thought to be the best. Certainly it's always in the conversation, but different strokes for different folks. :thumbsup:

Bringing it back to the topic... even if Universal wanted to go the route of a Gotham City, it would be something that would be a very controversial and hard call to make. They would be giving full control of the Marvel brand for theme park use to their competitor. Add on to that, Six Flags has a ton invested in DC Comics right now to just let it go without a fight. Now, obviously Comcast is going to win that battle for rights in the end as they have more money to throw at WB and also a working relationship.

It's just not something I see as likely at all unless we come to a period where Marvel falls into a rut and DC finally figures out how to do a Cinematic Universe (and Universal decides to take a leap of faith). The only thing that DC can give Universal that Marvel can't is freedom to do basically whatever they want. Use comic book version, live action, the full library, etc. Marvel is the hotter property right now and i'm sure they make a ton of money off of merch and i've heard the Character Breakfast is doing well. There's simply no reason for Universal to leave the current contract they have with Marvel because they don't have to. EVER. :lol:

I'll respectively disagree on some points.

1. Spiderman is an okay ride. Definitely not one of the best.

2. I have to believe if Disney were to fully recreate current MCU , it would be nothing short of phenomenal. Maybe I'm crediting Disney too much, but there is no way they can do anything less than what we have now, aesthetically.

Now what do they create to anchor a land or ride stories? Who knows can go a number of ways but I suppose this new guardians ride would give a preview of what we could expect if it does happen where Disney has that opportunity.

As it currently sits, Hulk is one of the better themed coasters there is, especially for a superhero. It has a story line in the queue that follows up to the actual ride. That is awesome. That energy is the same energy that would need to be in any MCU additions at Disney. Spiderman has that same thing going on too.

I'll hope things change among the messy situation with contracts one day. Who knows, WB, has a good relationship with Universal already, we'll see Scott.

Pick a rating :tongue: I'm kidding, we could argue all day but the facts remain that everything in the parks is completely subjective to the rider.

Some of the stuff that Disney is doing is fantastic, I'd rank GOTG at DCA in my top 5, I loved it that much but then I see Iron Man as being a clone of Star Tours and I'm kind of conflicted about what Disney is doing, especailly with Captain America being a RRnC clone.However, if the rumours about Disney using the KUKA arm technology for the Spider-Man ride then I think they have a great chance of creating something completely different and amazing. The idea of them using that technology to create a swinging effect makes me almost giddy to see it come to fruition.

I think if Universal ever decided to replace Marvel, I don't think Batman would be the answer as it would be too similar, I think they would have to go the complete opposite direction.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
:bolt:I like mshi, and would even vote for a new E ticket attraction somewhere in the land. (That iron man ride that was floating around for a while?) A silver surfer ride where you fly through physical sets of outer space?

Reactions: tankart150