Wicked (2024 film) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Wicked (2024 film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't care who directs....how is this movie not done yet? It is an adaption of a play? You have all the songs written, dialogue done and have years of reviews of what people liked and didn't like.
Find a cool looking school to shoot at and OZ will be on sets like Mando. With how big this play is...or was its crazy how long its taken to make this
Most movie adaptations recently haven’t been good. At best, they’re mostly average. For a lot of reasons. It’s not just Cats. They’re mired in mediocrity. And Wicked actually needs some work to really work on screen. I’m fine with them taking the time they need to try and ensure it’s good.

Most movie adaptations recently haven’t been good. At best, they’re mostly average. For a lot of reasons. It’s not just Cats. They’re mired in mediocrity. And Wicked actually needs some work to really work on screen. I’m fine with them taking the time they need to try and ensure it’s good.
What work? Honestly asking as someone who loves the play I think as long as the school feels "unique" they can do the rest with Mando tech. The characters are all great the only one I don't care for is the male love interest but don't think he's really written for me anyway

What work? Honestly asking as someone who loves the play I think as long as the school feels "unique" they can do the rest with Mando tech. The characters are all great the only one I don't care for is the male love interest but don't think he's really written for me anyway

You ever see the movie adaptation of the Producers musical? That's the level of disaster a poorly conceived Wicked movie could be.

Musical Numbers are extremely hard to capture on screen, you can’t just copy and paste the stage version to screen it just won’t work. It’s not as simple as you think

Reactions: Grabnar and tielo
I think it's problematic. As someone who acted on stage and film and also love going to theater too watch shows it's just a complete different medium. Only a few examples are there that made a faithful adaptation and it's not due to the lack of money or effort that most failed, it's tough as hell.

Finally after all these years

the casting makes me think this could be more “modern” than I want this film to feel

ARIANA!!! MY QUEEN!!

Seriously, I don't care if I'm the only person in the theater, I'm happy to see this

HOWEVER, the chemistry between these two will be pivotal

I haven't followed this but I'm interested as to why Kristin and Idina didn't just do it

They are way too old to play college students.

Reactions: Frogki
Ariana has the chops, but I hope they make her play the character rather than playing herself and singing in HER style. She is friends with Kristin Chenoweth who originated the role, so I hope she can help shape the performance to be closer to the original.

Ariana has the chops, but I hope they make her play the character rather than playing herself and singing in HER style. She is friends with Kristin Chenoweth who originated the role, so I hope she can help shape the performance to be closer to the original.
I worry she'll do her signature runs while singing and like you said, it'll sound more like listening to Ariana Grande singing a cover of Wicked songs rather than her playing the character.

Reactions: GAcoaster and Clive
Some exec had a vision in his dreams that Gen Z doesn't know what Oz is, now they're remaking the whole movie so people actually know what's going on.

That's my best guess. Also they need to repent for the sins unleashed by Cats.