1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Will Disney replace Muppet-Vision 3-D?

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios' started by Sideshow Bob, Jul 23, 2018.

1. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

I would love to see that but we first have to see if the new Muppet Show on Disney+ will be any good. Most of Disney's effort with the Muppets failed.

2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

I think any new film that would potentially replace MuppetVision (assuming it's Muppet related still) wouldn't move the needle much at all more than the amount of people who already attend the show as these style of 4D shows are going out of style and this was also Jim Henson's last piece of work and tbh the new guy who voices Kermit (just took over a few years ago) sounds a little off.

Personally, i'd love it if they just did a complete gut of the inside of the show building with maybe a little extension (there's room near the park boundaries, bordering on the RotR) and put a Muppet-themed omnimover/dark ride in there about on the same scale as the SLoP omnimover that's currently being built at USH. At this point the film is getting dated, but I also don't see it as worth it to create a new film when guests won't care too much. I'd rather the showbuilding be used in a better way.

belloq87, tielo and GadgetGuru like this.
  3. MLevell

MLevell Newcomer

MuppetVision is one of my all time favorite theme park attractions and still the most effective 3D I've ever seen, I'd be pretty devastated to see it go. It also seems pretty packed every time I go, so I'm not sure why you'd get rid of it. I'd love a Muppet dark ride but I want it in addition to the show, make a little Muppet land. I also adore the Indy stunt show but it makes since why you would get rid of a behind the scenes show if you are putting in a in-fiction ride, they wouldn't really fit together but the Muppet stuff would.

Sideshow Bob and SpyderDan like this.
  4. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Newcomer

Yeah the Muppets deserve a dark ride!