Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only negative comments I see on FB in general are from Europeans furious that STUPID America is getting more Harry Potter stuff when it makes "no sense" because the story took place in England.
Personally, I'd say that the Leavesdon Studio Tour almost makes up for no Europe WWoHP.

Great news today, but I believe we should all pause now for a story of espionage and hijinks:

Goefour's Secret Quest
a children's story...

In the mid spring of 2011 Goefour Tortois (french origins me thinks) was in close contact with one of his secret yet conciliatory friends named Sanders H. Crane regarding rumors that were floating around about a certain project. In those early days Sanders was quite candid about secret things afoot and ongoing. Not a few times did Sanders have to cut Goefour short saying, "I am just about to fly out to a place of medieval origin; will call when I return".

Goefour knew what that flight and destination implied and did his best to inform his friends without revealing Sander's identity; Sanders would not be alone on the flight after all. Even then, Goefour knew he had to be careful to not betray confidences.

As the coming summer progressed, Goefour noted that Sanders had less and less to offer other than things were progressing yet there had been serious bumps; nothing was definite. Goefour was in contact with a few other secret friends throughout, yet only Sanders H. Crane had the top secret information that he so desired.

By September of 2011 Goefour became despondent that no new info was forthcoming from Mr. S. H. Crane. Indeed, some of Goefour's friends and acquaintances seemed to have more information than he! Goefour finally wrote a simple note to Sanders and sent it 'air' mail. It read, "Hey, not hearing from you at all lately so I will leave you alone. May I ask if at all possible, could you please give me a heads up if and before the project is announced; 2-3 months notice?", yet no response. Not even Goefour's other secret friends were responsive except one that offered that she knew nothing.

Goefour became lost in the silence of it all. He told his friends of the silence that had fallen upon him from his secret contacts. Time went by slowly, September, October, November...

And then, just then, when Goefour Tortois was about to dig a hole and bury himself forever, he received a message from Sanders H. Crane. It read:

"HEADS UP! :eek:)"

Goefour was beside himself with excitement and quickly wrote back asking, "Can I hint at this with my friends???"

Sander's response was a definite and resounding "NOOOOOOOO! For you only! Serious!". Goefour, desperate and out of control wrote back with, "Can I at least tell them that I know nothing?". Sanders got the joke and wrote back, "sure".

Goefour told his friends in the most dramatic way possible that, "I know nothING!" yet it fell on deaf ears and created a tiny riddle frenzy. He had attempted a reverse puzzle that did not work. Goefour's intent was that the character who said that famous line, always KNEW SOMETHING important!

The End

Addendum: Goefour attempted a similar puzzle in early spring of 2010 in which he said nothing and yet it worked to great effect. He continues to wonder what went wrong in November of 2011.

© Teebin. No reproduction allowed. All Rights reserved.

Last edited:
So what are the rumors for possible rides? Other than the greengots indoor coaster. And the train (if you consider that a ride)

Great news today, but I believe we should all pause now for a story of espionage and hijinks:

Goefour's Secret Quest
a children's story...

In the mid spring of 2011 Goefour Tortois (french origins me thinks) was in close contact with one of his secret yet conciliatory friends named Sanders H. Crane regarding rumors that were floating around about a certain project. In those early days Sanders was quite candid about secret things afoot and ongoing. Not a few times did Sanders have to cut Goefour short saying, "I am just about to fly out to a place of medieval origin; will call when I return".

Goefour knew what that flight and destination implied and did his best to inform his friends without revealing Sander's identity; Sanders would not be alone on the flight after all. Even then, Goefour knew he had to be careful to not betray confidences.

As the coming summer progressed, Goefour noted that Sanders had less and less to offer other than things were progressing yet there had been serious bumps; nothing was definite. Goefour was in contact with a few other secret friends throughout, yet only Sanders H. Crane had the top secret information that he so desired.

By September of 2011 Goefour became despondent that no new info was forthcoming from Mr. S. H. Crane. Indeed, some of Goefour's friends and acquaintances seemed to more information than he! Goefour finally wrote a simple note to Sanders and sent it 'air' mail. It read, "Hey, not hearing from you at all lately so I will leave you alone. May I ask if at all possible, could you please give me a heads up if and before the project is announced; 2-3 months notice?", yet no response. Not even Goefour's other secret friends were responsive except one that offered that she knew nothing.

Goefour became lost in the silence of it all. He told his friends of the silence that had fallen upon him from his secret contacts. Time went by slowly, September, October, November...

And then, just then, when Goefour Tortois was about to dig a hole and bury himself forever, he received a message from Sanders H. Crane. It read:

"HEADS UP! :eek:)"

Goefour was beside himself with excitement and quickly wrote back asking, "Can I hint at this with my friends???"

Sander's response was a definite and resounding "NOOOOOOOO! For you only! Serious!". Goefour, desperate and out of control wrote back with, "Can I at least tell them that I know nothing?". Sanders got the joke and wrote back, "sure".

Goefour told his friends in the most dramatic way possible that, "I know nothING!" yet it fell on deaf ears and created a tiny riddle frenzy. He had attempted a reverse puzzle that did not work. Goefour's intent was that the character who said that famous line, always KNEW SOMETHING important!

The End

Addendum: Goefour attempted a similar puzzle in early spring of 2010 in which he said nothing and yet it worked to great effect. He continues to wonder what went wrong in November of 2011.

For those who might be new to the site or just not familiar, read this again. Always be on the look out for anything the crane passes down!

So what are the rumors for possible rides? Other than the greengots indoor coaster. And the train (if you consider that a ride)

The Ministry of Magic tour of the Department of Mysteries is a rumour that started out absolutely implausible and ridiculous, so naturally now everyone thinks it is good :smiley: (like the Hogwarts Express). I think that the train could be considered a ride to those fans who want it to be a ride, but for others it will most likely be a form of transport, there will hopefully not be a Dementor attack or an abrupt halt due to a collision with a flying Ford Anglia. I hear talk of a Privet Drive, would anyone actually want to tour where Harry got abused? I would much rather visit the Burrow or even the Lovegood house cos they're just plain awesome.

I still find it very interesting that they are building another Hogwarts in Hollywood since JK initially said she only wanted there to be one Hogwarts. What do you guys think changed her mind?

Well, when you (JK) sell your (JK's) soul to the Devil (WB) sometimes you (JK) lose control of what you (JK) "want" (One Hogwarts in America). WB is very powerful and they get what they want and they want money. From what I'm hearing, Universal didn't want to do Hollywood, but it would was suggested DisneyLand would love the oppurtunity. I'm sure WB lawyers find more loop holes than UOR's could ever think to cover.

Well, when you (JK) sell your (JK's) soul to the Devil (WB) sometimes you (JK) lose control of what you (JK) "want" (One Hogwarts in America). WB is very powerful and they get what they want and they want money. From what I'm hearing, Universal didn't want to do Hollywood, but it would was suggested DisneyLand would love the oppurtunity. I'm sure WB lawyers find more loop holes than UOR's could ever think to cover.

Hmmm, never thought I would kinda agree with you on the principal, but I do. JK has creative control, yet she has no control on what will happen in the bigger picture. In its simplest form it would be, WB wants to sell a Potter turd on a shingle, but JK has creative control. Not sure what she does if she hates the idea and will not offer an opinion, but I am sure the lawyers know. It's , "play the game or leave", more complicated than that, but this is what I think it is about.

People........It is a theme park. As much as I love the one in Orlando, it's not like it's the Hogwarts. At the end of the day, it is a decorative facade of steel and fiberglass that sits on top of a big gray building. Erecting another one on the opposite side of the country has nothing to do the with way we enjoy the one at IOA. I mean, when I'm on Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, I don't go, "Ugh! I just can't enjoy this 'cause there's another in LA!" :rolleyes:

People........It is a theme park. As much as I love the one in Orlando, it's not like it's the Hogwarts. At the end of the day, it is a decorative facade of steel and fiberglass that sits on top of a big gray building. Erecting another one on the opposite side of the country has nothing to do the with way we enjoy the one at IOA. I mean, when I'm on Tower of Terror at Hollywood Studios, I don't go, "Ugh! I just can't enjoy this 'cause there's another in LA!" :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you...

but I have to take the opportunity to say that you don't lament the two ToT's because ours is the crap version. :mad:

This is basically what I was hinting at without saying it.

--- Update ---

I wasn't arguing against it I was just stating it seemed odd JK changed her opinion.

Jesus Jymmy... if you berate the west coast parks any further I will never go! Let up a little! Word has it that the 'Land' has some pretty impressive stuff. I worry that your first docu will be, "California, the hell hole of inadequate theme parks".

Jesus Jymmy... if you berate the west coast parks any further I will never go! Let up a little! Word has it that the 'Land' has some pretty impressive stuff. I worry that your first docu will be, "California, the hell hole of inadequate theme parks".

Oh, I prefer Disneyland WAY more than WDW. It really is beautiful and charming. But ToT is rather disappointing. Beautiful building, but lacking the coolest bits (the 5th Dimension, the basement filled with goodies, etc.). While I may disparage USH at times, the Studio Tour really does hold a special place in my heart. Plus, we have Indiana Jones, which, for a time, made me want to be an Imagineer. The parks that have been lackluster for years (DCA and USH) are about to be exponentially elevated in a way I've never seen before and it tickles me pink.

The End

I knew that was supposed to be a riddle!

Shhh... some of them don't know yet. We also haven't let them know there parents buy the gifts not the fat man in the red suit. wink wink...

Shhh... some of them don't know yet. We also haven't let them know there parents buy the gifts not the fat man in the red suit. wink wink...

I don't think anyone's acting THAT ridiculously. Personally, as I stated before, we all know a theme park exists to make money. It's all just business. That doesn't mean some of us can't feel a little disappointed that they're duplicating something we were pretty much told they wouldn't. It's not a huge deal or anything, but still. :shrug: We all have different opinions and feelings on such matters.

The condescension is getting a little out of control, methinks. I hold the community here to a higher standard than that. There's a way to emphasize to everyone your opinion that it's "just a theme park/just a business" without coming off as unnecessarily rude or high-and-mighty. Believe it or not, people do develop emotional/nostalgic relationships with elements of theme parks, even though they are at their core a business.

Reactions: Octobers Fade
The condescension is getting a little out of control, methinks. I hold the community here to a higher standard than that. There's a way to emphasize to everyone your opinion that it's "just a theme park/just a business" without coming off as unnecessarily rude or high-and-mighty. Believe it or not, people do develop emotional/nostalgic relationships with elements of theme parks, even though they are at their core a business.

:iagree:

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Status
Not open for further replies.