Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to see what the exact plans are for the expansion. I think diagon ally will defiantly be at UOR. It would be awesome of they would do a ministry of magic ride where the LC is.

Sounds like they will indeed be building a Hogwarts castle in LA. I really wanted confirmation on whether the LA attraction would be identical or have differences, and that doesn't seem clear yet.

I voted "no" more because I didn't think it should, rather than would.

But now that I know Diagon Alley isn't going to be right next to Hogsmeade I suppose I could change my vote.

My post was more towards the people who, even after saying "My sources say it's coming", said it was impossible.

Sounds like they will indeed be building a Hogwarts castle in LA. I really wanted confirmation on whether the LA attraction would be identical or have differences, and that doesn't seem clear yet.

From what I understand the "forbidden journey" will be duplicated in Hollywood. I'm getting this info from themeparkreview on twitter.

I still find it very interesting that they are building another Hogwarts in Hollywood since JK initially said she only wanted there to be one Hogwarts. What do you guys think changed her mind?

From what I understand the "forbidden journey" will be duplicated in Hollywood. I'm getting this info from themeparkreview on twitter.

So I wonder if it'll just be FJ and a few stores/a restaurant?

@zbob....money? I dunno. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed over it. I mean, yeah, it's just business really, but.... :shrug:

So I wonder if it'll just be FJ and a few stores/a restaurant?

@zbob....money? I dunno. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed over it. I mean, yeah, it's just business really, but.... :shrug:

Thats a good question. I would assume they would either do hogmede village or diagon ally. They will definitely have an olivanders.

Thats a good question. I would assume they would either do hogmede village or diagon ally. They will definitely have an olivanders.

It's not going to be Diagon Alley. I assume that we're getting Hogsmeade and Hogwarts minus the coasters. So really, we're just getting one ride and a bunch of stores.

I hope it is more than money. I have always admired JK and the way she does things and I would be devastated to see her become another George Lucas.

I posted a reply in the other thread, but I'll re-post it here: I think it's three-fold. A) Money, B) she was happy with the initial results, C) it gives fans that wouldn't be able to see it a chance to see it.

UNIVERSAL, Y U NO SHOW CONCEPT ART!?
emoticons-memes-yuno.gif

First Hollywood Drive-In Mini Golf, than Despicable Me: The Ride, and now Potter Phase II? Stop teasing us Universal!

Last edited:
*Puts on flame shield*

Call me a pessimist, but I'm afraid this whole thing will drastically backfire. I don't know, just have a bad feeling about it. First they expand into Cali, and then they possibly expand into USF...I am a Potter fan but I'm just afraid that Uni. may be overdoing it a bit. Feels kind of like Uni's: "OMFG WE NEED MORE POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!". I understand that from a business perspective it all makes great sense, I just feel like Uni. should tread carefully here. The last thing I want is for all this to come crumbling down around them. Best laid plans of mice and men....

Please don't kill me!!! *hides*

Last edited:
*Puts on flame shield*

Call me a pessimist, but I'm afraid this whole thing will drastically backfire. I don't know, just have a bad feeling about it. First they expand into Cali, and then they possibly expand into USF...I am a Potter fan but I'm just afraid that Uni. may be overdoing it a bit. Feels kind of like Uni's: "OMFG WE NEED MORE POTTER!!!!!!!!!!!". I understand that from a business perspective it all makes great sense, I just feel like Uni. should tread carefully here. The last thing I want is for all this to come crumbling down around them. Best laid plans of mice and men....

Ok, you may all proceed with the flaming *hides*

No flaming necessary. It's an understandable assumption. But let's look at it this way. I'm getting a WWoHP out here that I will be attending regularly. When it gets built, I'm even going to buy a season pass. Then guess what I'm going to do?

Save up for a trip to UOR so that I can see the expansion out there. If I'm willing to do this, what do you think Potter FANATICS are going to do?

As well as their Facebook. The comments seem to be quite positive so far too.

The only negative comments I see on FB in general are from Europeans furious that STUPID America is getting more Harry Potter stuff when it makes "no sense" because the story took place in England.

:doh:

Why they're mad at Americans is beyond me. Take it up with Rowling. The average American has no say in where a HP theme park is placed. Otherwise, I'd say go ahead and make one in England.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.