Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If it is indeed all Potter, I'm not saying there's no way Potter can't make a decent 40 acre land.

But I think that's SUPER overkill. I mean, London will be in USF, which takes away Gringotts and Diagon Alley. After that there's no real, big locations that need to be represented. I feel like doing any more of the minor, fringe locations from Potter in the rest of the LC is just doing Potter for the sake of Potter instead of changing things up and reaching out to another set of fans.

I feel like doing any more of the minor, fringe locations from Potter in the rest of the LC is just doing Potter for the sake of Potter instead of changing things up and reaching out to another set of fans.

This is the point I tried to make earlier. There comes a time when you over-saturate things for the average guest.

Where are you people coming up with this LOTR/Hobbit stuff? I haven't heard any rumor of this at all. I don't know much at this point, but 'another franchise' was not even hinted at... and it would have been hinted at... I think.

I've kind of heard that Universal is nearing a deal or has maybe even reached one for LOTR. Whether it is true or not, I cannot say. I took it as hogwash but yea, never know, right?

Project 722

Some detectives searched for new permits issued and discovered one named "Project 722". Possibly - most likely - linked to Potter. I don't see what else it could be at this point, espically after they discovered many people who are working on Project 722 have worked on numerous Harry Potter films as art directors.

Read about it and the people here.

Page 722 in Deathly Hallows :
" “We are in King’s Cross,
you say? I think that if you decided not to go back, you would be
able to . . . let’s say . . . board a train.”

I'm hoping this isn't a repost but I couldn't find anyone else posting it and wasn't sure which thread to post it in... so I threw it here. If it was my apologizes in advance.

Nice catch there Krissy. I didn't even think to pick up the book and turn to page 722. I think we have more proof than we need.

**Watch Universal be purposely throwing everyone off. Slight of hand: Fans look this way, and while your attention is focused here, we will be doing something else over there.

^Agreed, although the last couple of code names have been slightly random.
Rockit - Rumble
Mummy - Coin
Simpsons - Fish

Not random:
Potter - Strongarm
Despicable Me - Dave

So, was just dreaming my dreamy Teebin dreams and decided to look for some classic London facades that might work together as an amalgam. I focused on Fleet St. Take a look at the pics below and share your thoughts on buildings that might work as facades.

London%20St.%20Pauls%20Cathedral%2003%20Outside%20Temple%20Bar.JPG

RBS_Fleet_Street.jpg

tumblr_le1xfslN381qdzu0uo1_500.jpg

fullers_ale_and_pie_house_sign_logo_fleet_street_ingsenah0773.jpg

5600562379_f1cb1c65e0_z.jpg

medium

pub-no-2790-ye-olde-watling-fleet-street-london.jpg

pub-no-2789-golden-fleece-fleet-street-london.jpg

london_templeBar.jpg

4396865856_16e294a9d9.jpg

fleet_street_nw030809.jpg

043171_6762656c.jpg