Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only did 2 park pass once, and I didn't really like it because I hated walking through City Walk twice.

WHAT??? This statement is soooooo child like. There is no way to get to the parks except Citywalk; you have to walk through part of it no matter how you arrived or where you stayed. We all have to walk through citywalk twice even if we visit just one park.

Please tell me you didn't take that seriously :lol:

I took you as dead serious. You are hell bent on over developing Universal properties to death. There won't be a palm tree left... just concrete and asphalt.

Last edited:
WHAT??? This statement is soooooo child like. There is no way to get to the parks except Citywalk; you have to walk through part of it no matter how you arrived or where you stayed. We all have to walk through citywalk twice even if we visit just one park.

I took you as dead serious. You are hell bent on over developing Universal properties to death. There won't be a palm tree left... just concrete and asphalt.

Ha Ha, Teebin, the riddle maker is calling me childish? All Im saying is that it's a pain in the ass walking through parking garage castle, into City Walk which is full of stupid people taking pictures of advertisements, buying stuff they don't need before entering the park, and using the bathroom. It's a dreadful place, and by far my least favorite thing about going to Universal. Then you have to get your ticket, go through bag check, etc. It's a really tedious process, and one that I prefer to only do once.

As I said, the addition of the train between the two parks seems like a welcome change, and may encoruage me to purchase a multi-day pass. Of course if the wait to get on said train is over 45 minutes, then I don't think it will be worth it. It will be interesting to see how popular the train is several years after opening, because a lot of people can barely afford a one park ticket, so it becomes almost an attraction for people with higher incomes only...

I expect that the difference in cost between a 1 park and 2 park ticket will increase after this change has gone through.

I don't know about you, guys. But I'm so excited about this. Discussing the possibilities is just.. magical. I'm sure Universal Creative had a great idea to solve this if it is really happening. I can't wait for an official announcement! :D

Ha Ha, Teebin, the riddle maker is calling me childish? All Im saying is that it's a pain in the ass walking through parking garage castle, into City Walk which is full of stupid people taking pictures of advertisements, buying stuff they don't need before entering the park, and using the bathroom. It's a dreadful place, and by far my least favorite thing about going to Universal. Then you have to get your ticket, go through bag check, etc. It's a really tedious process, and one that I prefer to only do once.

As I said, the addition of the train between the two parks seems like a welcome change, and may encoruage me to purchase a multi-day pass. Of course if the wait to get on said train is over 45 minutes, then I don't think it will be worth it. It will be interesting to see how popular the train is several years after opening, because a lot of people can barely afford a one park ticket, so it becomes almost an attraction for people with higher incomes only...

I expect that the difference in cost between a 1 park and 2 park ticket will increase after this change has gone through.
I completely agree with Teebin. There is nothing dreaful about walking through Citywalk whatsoever. The three things you mentioned that you hate seeing in Citywalk happens EVERYWHERE in the actual parks. As a matter of fact, that's mostly all you see people doing if they aren't waiting in line. As far as you hating the tedious ticket purchasing process, maybe you should buy your tickets BEFORE you go to the parks? Just saying.

But honestly from a Local perspective, it is sooooo much easier getting into a Universal theme park, than a Disney theme park.

I have APs to all the theme parks here in Central Florida (except Legoland) and I go to the Disney parks the least. The problem is, is that it always feels like a giant ordeal to get in. It literally makes me feel stressed.

The only time it feels stress free is if I park at the BoardWalk and walk in via World Showcase. There is something about the GIANT parking lot/tram/secuirty situation that just feels stressful.

And if I can take a train from IOA to USF and back without having to exit the front of the parks, then by all means build it and I will keep renewing my AP.

But honestly from a Local perspective, it is sooooo much easier getting into a Universal theme park, than a Disney theme park.

I have APs to all the theme parks here in Central Florida (except Legoland) and I go to the Disney parks the least. The problem is, is that it always feels like a giant ordeal to get in. It literally makes me feel stressed.

The only time it feels stress free is if I park at the BoardWalk and walk in via World Showcase. There is something about the GIANT parking lot/tram/secuirty situation that just feels stressful.

And if I can take a train from IOA to USF and back without having to exit the front of the parks, then by all means build it and I will keep renewing my AP.

Magic Kingdom is really the only entrance (assuming you aren't staying at Contemporary Resort) more annoying than Universal's but that doesn't make the parking garages and City Walk any less atrocious. Potter and HHN are the only real attractions that outweigh my irritations, other I don't find Universal worth the hassle. I use Team Member parking if I can help it. I hope the Potter expansion gives me another reason to go.

Magic Kingdom is really the only entrance (assuming you aren't staying at Contemporary Resort) more annoying than Universal's but that doesn't make the parking garages and City Walk any less atrocious. Potter and HHN are the only real attractions that outweigh my irritations, other I don't find Universal worth the hassle. I use Team Member parking if I can help it. I hope the Potter expansion gives me another reason to go.

I guess I should note that I have a Premier AP so I get free Valet parking.

This is how I feel. However, when you get to Magic Kingdom I think going on the fairy or monorail is something so unique that I don't mind it, as much.

For people complaining about the TRAM rides. The Tram station is usally within a few feet from your parking spot. I've never had to walk far to get to a tram station. Compared to Universal where you have to traverse multiple levels of parking garage, then go down the long hallways of people movers, to the central hub, then to more people movers, and finally into City Place. It's really annoying.

Of course, this is all a debate amongst people who live within driving distance of the parks. As one of the people that comes cross-country and stays at the resorts, WDW is the most frustrating system in which to move around. The buses are just the worst. Even when I don't stay on-site at UOR, and stay on Universal Blvd., I either take the shuttles (usually the first shuttle in the morning) or grab a $5 cab (usually late at night). Either way, from the time I step in the shuttle/cab, from the time I step into IOA is 30 minutes, TOPS.

This is how I feel. However, when you get to Magic Kingdom I think going on the fairy or monorail is something so unique that I don't mind it, as much.

For people complaining about the TRAM rides. The Tram station is usally within a few feet from your parking spot. I've never had to walk far to get to a tram station. Compared to Universal where you have to traverse multiple levels of parking garage, then go down the long hallways of people movers, to the central hub, then to more people movers, and finally into City Place. It's really annoying.

The Trams are a nightmare on busier than normal days. Just because you haven't had the joy of experiencing it yet doesn't make it less of a headache.

Of course, this is all a debate amongst people who live within driving distance of the parks.

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. I was reading the comments and was like... are people seriously complaining about the short 10-minute walk to two of the best theme parks in the world?

If it meant I was going to ride the most amazing attractions ever, I would take Disney's bus system, which would drop me off on the roof of Universal's parking garage, and then take Busch Garden's trams to the end of Sea World's parking lot. Seriously. :lol:

However, when you get to Magic Kingdom I think going on the fairy

:look:

No one is gonna touch this one?:lol:

Trams are the effing worst on busy days. The WORST.

I guess I just havent been on a really busy day in a long time. I know better. In fact the last really busy day I went was on Valentines Day 1998..seriously. Wow 14 years ago...my least favorite trip to Disney ever. My girlfriend and I broke up soon after.

Uh..anyway. I totally agree about those awful Disney buses. If I stay on site (which I rarely do becuase of the crazy prices)..I usually end up taking my car to the park and paying parking. Screw that bus system, I remember being forced to take it when I was a teenager and had no transportation, it took forever to get anywhere.

Also..if you couldnt tell by this post, Im in my mid 30s...and still have a problem spell checking the word Ferry.

I live in Florida..so I usaully go in October/November when the heat and crowds have died down..

--- Update ---

sorry to go off topic...carry on.

As far as using the train as a mode of transportation to travel back and forth between the parks, I think that for most of the year that won't be feasible because of the length of the queue. It would be much quicker to walk. Remember, this is going to be more attraction than transportation.

That said, can you imagine the experience of someone who hasn't been to the WWOHP to enter through the Leaky Cauldron into Diagon Alley to buy robes, wands, etc. Over to King's Cross/ Platform 9 3/4 /Hogwart's Express to the new Hogsmeade Station where Sindbad's is then around the corner to the Hogsmeade arch with Hogwarts towering in the distance. That is one lengthy approach to an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.