Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 200 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. Fire department requires at least 50 ft.

This diagram is pretty good. I dunno what the scaling is like, but the walkway is clearly just as big as the Amity one, if not bigger.

525b7354.jpg

^ I believe we should all look to the Diagon sets in the tour for near exactly how the facades will play out. The picture posted the page back is looking from Gringotts towards the magic wall of the Leaky Cauldron. The picture below is taken from that wall looking towards Gringotts. So I do not believe that WWW will be on the last corner facing Gringotts but back up the street on the next corner (same side) as seen in the photo below.

IMG_2397.JPG

Oh hai Ravenclaw blonde.

- - - Updated - - -

^ I believe we should all look to the Diagon sets in the tour for near exactly how the facades will play out. The picture posted the page back is looking from Gringotts towards the magic wall of the Leaky Cauldron. The picture below is taken from that wall looking towards Gringotts. So I do not believe that WWW will be on the last corner facing Gringotts but back up the street on the next corner (same side) as seen in the photo below.

That would certainly make more sense re: Ollivanders, but that would mean the WWW walkthrough was scrapped? The building next to Gringotts looks perfect for the WWW attraction.

Here ya go. I believe Weasleys takes over that entire building. I believe Ollivanders takes over the other building entirely and the rest are just facades. The other side of the street is nothing but facades unless one of those names would make a great shop. Otherwise the other side of the street is almost entirely The Leaky.

placenames.png

Seems like having Weasley's there would create a traffic flow nightmare.

Btw, looking at the plans right now. The scale is 1 in = 80 ft. (for those interested) Edit: Just realized that is useless if you don't know the actual size of the plans.

Last edited:
It makes sense to have mostly fake store fronts on the main walkinging area mainly because of traffic issues. I have a feeling the entrances to these shops will be around the corner to improve movement into the area.

This diagram is pretty good. I dunno what the scaling is like, but the walkway is clearly just as big as the Amity one, if not bigger.
And Amity always felt very tight to me so it should be fine..The IOA WW is not all that tight compared to some other areas in the resort, but it still feels very real (the huge crowds also help)

Thanks Bri. Could you tell, is the rebar for the new wall piece running in a curve or is it straight? It is really hard to tell in a 2D photo.

----------------------------------- update -----------------------------------

Could someone with a size 10 mens sneaker walk the following red arrow toe to toe. Size 10 assumes your sneaker is almost exactly 12" so feel free to check yours first. As this building appears in the grading plans, it will allow us to better judge dimensions of potter 2.0.

brickworks.jpg

If you have the gumption feel free to take a measuring tape and drag it corner to corner. Good luck with that!

Last edited:
Thanks Bri. Could you tell, is the rebar for the new wall piece running in a curve or is it straight? It is really hard to tell in a 2D photo.

----------------------------------- update -----------------------------------

Could someone with a size 10 mens sneaker walk the following red arrow toe to toe. Size 10 assumes your sneaker is almost exactly 12" so feel free to check yours first. As this building appears in the grading plans, it will allow us to better judge dimensions of potter 2.0.

brickworks.jpg

If you have the gumption feel free to take a measuring tape and drag it corner to corner. Good luck with that!

I waer a 10.5 Nike and it measures 12". Just sayin... I am a hundred miles away so I can't help you.
Any who can can ya get a video of you doing it with crowd reaction, I think it could be pretty fuuny.

Here ya go. I believe Weasleys takes over that entire building. I believe Ollivanders takes over the other building entirely and the rest are just facades. The other side of the street is nothing but facades unless one of those names would make a great shop. Otherwise the other side of the street is almost entirely The Leaky.

placenames.png

Seems accurate, but WWW's facade would make a good weenie. I think they'd put it somewhere deeper into the alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.