Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 202 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about the Hogwarts Express photo-op. I wonder if it'll be relocated to the new Hogsmeade Station or if it'll just get sent to Universal Hollywood since they'll never get the ride?

Geeez... this has been killing me. I brought up Albert Embankment recently as a design for the waterfront and it looked right. Problem is, it didn't sound right as I had brought it up a long time ago before that. Well, guess what is almost directly across the river from Albert: Victoria Embankment and I found where I had posted this back in December. Take a look... same lamps and stonework.

As for the waterfront, I would do a knock off of Victoria Embankment. Primarily I like the victorian lamposts along the seawall sidewalk. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...sE9q8YmPSOhQc0c_QYopaw&cbp=12,106.17,,0,20.54 Turn both ways so that you can see the trees which I would use fewer of along the way.

Both Victoria and Albert embankments were built at the same time and designed by the same persons.

I'm so happy that you guys are able to get all of these great pictures. I go to the parks all the time and never see anything as awesome or detailed as these pictures :lol:

Thanks Bri. Could you tell, is the rebar for the new wall piece running in a curve or is it straight? It is really hard to tell in a 2D photo.

----------------------------------- update -----------------------------------

Could someone with a size 10 mens sneaker walk the following red arrow toe to toe. Size 10 assumes your sneaker is almost exactly 12" so feel free to check yours first. As this building appears in the grading plans, it will allow us to better judge dimensions of potter 2.0.

brickworks.jpg

If you have the gumption feel free to take a measuring tape and drag it corner to corner. Good luck with that!

Approx 23.5'

I am so excited for this, WWoHP phase 1 made Universal Orlando the world's best resort for me, I can't wait to see how amazing phase 2 will be. I'm wondering if the Gringott's ride will be similar to The Mummy (which I love already) being a coaster/dark ride hybrid, but way better, or will it be something completely different and ground breaking.

Thanks DH! (I trust this means you were there and did the toe-toe dance)

Here is down and dirty. Image will show I didn't attempt to try to solve things down to the foot. You all can use your mind's eye for that right now.

measurement.png

It is Spinwitches/Neep snug! Keep in mind that this could be off by as much as 1.5' either way... but I doubt much more than that.

As much as I love WWoHP, if they really build this that small, it will be a colossal mistake. I can defend them on small shops, but incredibly small walkways are foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.