Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 219 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a question I cant remember if its been asked on here before or not but could we some parts of this expansion open before others? Because it seems like there getting the waterfront/boardwalk area done before anything else? But thats just what it seems like to me from the pictures we've been recieving.

The waterfront will undoubtedly open separately from Diagon Alley, but Diagon Alley will open all at once like Phase 1. The waterfront should be done in the next year and they will want it open ASAP to give guests more room to breath and a place to watch CineSpec.

Ok thanks ReelJustice for the info.

While the London waterfront is tied into Potter aesthetically, I don't think it will be covered by the Potter license so that's another reason it can open as soon as its done. I think it can be done in a year, even less depending on whether or not the area between the waterfront and London is water or planters. If it is planters, it could be done in a few months. If its water, it can take longer to excavate and build more concrete walls.

The new wall has "approximately 8 segments." they've poured 2 already, and the footer for the 3rd has been poured and will likely be complete this week. After that, I think they have 2 left on the Disaster side and 3 on the MiB side.

I'm betting on those two areas next to the waterfront to be planters to provide greenery and the circle between them is a grand fountain.

I am thinking that those areas in the blueprint will be water. Mainly because for it to look like Albert Embankment, they need to be. The blocked wall with the lamps is adjacent to water:

Albert%20Embankment.jpg

And the statue of St. George slaying the Dragon would be appropriate, but I am feeling a fountain instead.

Last edited:
To clarify these vague references to 'notches' and 'dents' etc. Here is what I am referring to. Lamp posts of Victoria Embankment in red and park benches in blue.

potterfront.png

btw... we should be using Victoria Embankment as all of the well known landmarks are on Victoria side of the river. Standing on Victoria and looking across to Albert has nothing to look at.

I found this picture from FJ and thought I would post as I had never seen it from this angle with the spider in the distance.

31821_123852340984985_100000806585384_123220_7687915_n.jpg

I like the lighting in this photograph a whole lot better than the actual ride lighting.

btw, what I was actually looking for was the company and video of the FJ dragon being tested. Anyone have a link to it?

Last edited:
i was picturing the same Teebin, i think those notches will be used for benches to help accomadate more viewings of the night show. I also think we will see the area open much eariler then London.

^I believe the consensus is to think of Mummy, but with more show scenes, a freefall section, and possibly some motion simulator elements.

Is this the scene just before the willow? Is that an evacuation platform there on the right side below the bench? Looks like just a simple rolling staircase you see everywhere.

I found this picture from FJ and thought I would post as I had never seen it from this angle with the spider in the distance.

31821_123852340984985_100000806585384_123220_7687915_n.jpg

I like the lighting in this photograph a whole lot better than the actual ride lighting.

btw, what I was actually looking for was the company and video of the FJ dragon being tested. Anyone have a link to it?

I do believe that is an evac platform. I've ridden through this thing with the lights on twice, and there seems to be an evac in every room minus the dragon scene. There's a cherry-picker parked there instead, off to the side of the track.

Yes and yes. Although not right before the Willow, it is within the scene before it. Also, along all of the sets are exits to other parts with multiple staircases ready to rescue people from the benches. Behind the domes is a catwalk for the same purpose.

Also, Teebin, I agree that I like this lighting scheme a bit more. I would have chosen a waning-light scheme though, not pure nighttime, so that way the spiders could still be seen without that ridiculous lightning. Hermione's spell would be represented by a couple of stringed strobe lights. The spiders would slightly move with a projection effect. And, of course, all the other lighting changes I would make on FJ.

However, back to the topic. This is Phase II discussion. :smiley:

She'll still have a few tricks up her sleeves. The ride of course, not necessarily the ride system.

Similar and different, or different and similar? Which combination would you use?

Either way, there are QUITE a few tricks coming up their sleeves :sneaky:

I believe it is Premier rides working on Gringotts as well and they made the mummy, so we'll get something similar but different.

Status
Not open for further replies.