Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 225 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its always possible they are clearing out the FFL stage to build a new stage to house the Wicked Musical show thats rumored to be brought to Orlando :sneaky:

Its always possible they are clearing out the FFL stage to build a new stage to house the Wicked Musical show thats rumored to be brought to Orlando :sneaky:

I would LOVE Wicked in the park. But if I were going to shoehorn "Wicked: The Broadway Musical" to USF, I would gut the Twister show building and put a theater in there. The marquee would look awesome in the NYC area of the park.

I would LOVE Wicked in the park. But if I were going to shoehorn "Wicked: The Broadway Musical" to USF, I would gut the Twister show building and put a theater in there. The marquee would look awesome in the NYC area of the park.

I've shared this video before... but it's time to dust it off again in order to get everyone to respect TWISTER!!

[video=youtube;jOaTDYv2K0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOaTDYv2K0Q[/video]

Excellent idea - I can envision the Wicked poster where the enormous Twister sign is now. Could fit perfectly into the NY environment. That said, I don't think a theater of that scope can fit in there...

Universal needs a new show and this would be the best possible addition IMO.

There is a large drill behind ROTM, almost directly in the center of the show building, with a portapotty in a fenced enclosure. They obviously want whoever is there to stick around that area, since there is a bathroom not more than 30 feet away.

The drill has already started digging and looks to be about 35-45 feet in length, and goes just slightly above the ROTM show building with the tip still underground.

There is a large drill behind ROTM, almost directly in the center of the show building, with a portapotty in a fenced enclosure. They obviously want whoever is there to stick around that area, since there is a bathroom not more than 30 feet away.

The drill has already started digging and looks to be about 35-45 feet in length, and goes just slightly above the ROTM show building with the tip still underground.

Thanks for the update! Cannot wait for someone to get aerials soon.

Wicked won't come to Universal Orlando. Not with it still on Broadway and the National tour still going strong. The only reason it opened in USJ is because there was no production of Wicked anywhere close to Japan. It wasn't even the full show... 30 minutes, a few songs, the exclusion of basically all the characters and minimal sets and costumes.

Besides, I'd rather see something new, something original. :thumbs:

^Considering Universal has confirmed the movie adaptation and it is well into pre-production, I'd say that an abridged theme park stage show wouldn't be completely out of the picture.

I actually would prefer the Wicked Musical, even the shortended one, and Universal does own the rights to make the Wicked movie which is pre-production right now.

So as to have something that could open both in Hollywood and here simultaneously it would be an awesome idea.

Wicked has been in pre-production since it first came out on Broadway. Either way, there's no way that Stephen Schwartz will let some dumbed-down version of Wicked run while the show is still selling out each night on Broadway, and the tour continues to go all around America. But Universal has a way with ruining certain morals, I mean, aren't we getting two Hogwarts now?

But Universal has a way with ruining certain morals, I mean, aren't we getting two Hogwarts now?

Really? You want to call out Universal for duplicating their success elsewhere with hopes for more success? How many Disney princess castles are there around the world?

Yes, let's bash Uni for having common business sense. I mean, how dare they!?!? :lol:

Universal needs a new show and this would be the best possible addition IMO.

Eh. I think a GOOD stunt show is the best addition, but I'll take what I can get.

Nice.

Either way, there's no way that Stephen Schwartz will let some dumbed-down version of Wicked run while the show is still selling out each night on Broadway, and the tour continues to go all around America.

Well, it's a good thing Universal owns the rights...

Status
Not open for further replies.