Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't talking about all of DA being difficult to please HP fans. I'm talking about making it realistic to have DA and hogsmeade right next to eachother. The two arent in the same country let alone within a few feet of eachother. They will need to make it so you can not see one from the other, and a plausible transition between the two. Not only that, but many people would consider the two too similar. Now can we just stop talking about it please?

Nah, expecting that it can;t be seen from Hosmeded is way too unrealistic. And any transition will be fine for 99% of the paying public and for Jo. She's a fairly realistic and smart woman. She'll understand.

And there's no reason to stop talking about it. There's a very good chance that that's what the expansion will be about. No reason not to talk about it.

Honestly maybe (and I emphasize maybe, because I think DA will be what is built) it will be a little difficult to sell Jo on it. But if anyone can do it, UC can(and will, IMO).

But I find it hard to believe the fans won't approve, save for the most unrealistic ones, and they're people that can almost never be pleased. I'm a ridiculously huge fan, and I pray it's Diagon Alley. I can't wait to have Florean Fortescue's, Gringotts, etc.

To further your point, as well at VacayTalks, designers said in the video that they had/have plans for Diagon Alley, which means JKR is already well aware of those plans. It is safe to assume that JKR knows that the Wizarding World cannot be an accurate representation of her created world.

Plus, does anyone know the story of Islands of Adventure? How the islands came to be?

The fact that expansion of some sort is required is still a complete rumor. No one but the people who wrote is and signed it, and the people they told, know what the conract says.

Anyone can read the agreement if they have time and patience:

http://sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312507178559/dex1041.htm

Disney is so popular because they don't do this.
I suppose the Adventurers Club shut down on its own accord???

Honestly maybe (and I emphasize maybe, because I think DA will be what is built) it will be a little difficult to sell Jo on it. But if anyone can do it, UC can(and will, IMO).

But I find it hard to believe the fans won't approve, save for the most unrealistic ones, and they're people that can almost never be pleased. I'm a ridiculously huge fan, and I pray it's Diagon Alley. I can't wait to have Florean Fortescue's, Gringotts, etc.
Florean Fortescue's FTW. Diagon Alley blows Hogsmeade out of the water in coolness factor.

To further your point, as well at VacayTalks, designers said in the video that they had/have plans for Diagon Alley, which means JKR is already well aware of those plans. It is safe to assume that JKR knows that the Wizarding World cannot be an accurate representation of her created world.

Plus, does anyone know the story of Islands of Adventure? How the islands came to be?
In one of the tv specials there was actually Gringotts concept art in the background.

Yeah, wasn't there a thread about it a while back? I think I have it in my favorites. Also, has no one seen my point about how it would be way too similar to Hogsmeade. That may be a good idea for USH or something, but not for phase two.

As awesome as they could make it, I don't think they would build a Gringotts coaster. That would make four coasters in one island.

Honestly, I imagine it being a lot like the upcoming Mine Train "coaster" in the Magic Kingdom. Some small coaster segments along with a healthy dose of dark ride portions.

As awesome as they could make it, I don't think they would build a Gringotts coaster. That would make four coasters in one island.

Fair point, maybe a show or something the whole family could enjoy would be better then, since the island already has 2 thrilling rides.

Nah, expecting that it can;t be seen from Hosmeded is way too unrealistic. And any transition will be fine for 99% of the paying public and for Jo. She's a fairly realistic and smart woman. She'll understand.

And there's no reason to stop talking about it. There's a very good chance that that's what the expansion will be about. No reason not to talk about it.
:iagree:

:thumbs::thumbs:

I'd much rather discuss the contents of a possible expansion also.
Personally I think that anything that they may add will be great if the current WW is anything to go by, I'm up for a Gringotts coaster of some sort or if we're talking about a smaller expansion I'd love to see some sort of magical creature encounter.
I would LOVE to see a Gringott's coaster! Maybe something along the intensity level of WDW's BTMRR?? FoTH is awesome, but it's way too short. And I'm too chicken to ride Dragon Challenge. A Gringott's coaster in between the two levels would be perfect!

Honestly, I imagine it being a lot like the upcoming Mine Train "coaster" in the Magic Kingdom. Some small coaster segments along with a healthy dose of dark ride portions.

The books describe the Gringotts carts careening down the halls. If it were to be remotely accurate it would have to be at least Mummy-speed.

The books describe the Gringotts carts careening down the halls. If it were to be remotely accurate it would have to be at least Mummy-speed.

Nah, you wouldn't need to go that fast. Just a little faster than FotH would do. And even then, it would slow down for the dark ride portions. Not making it a true coaster.

Or speed tunnel illusions can be implemented in order to simulate the cars going faster than they actually are.

Is there a way for me to set things up so replies here are emailed to me?

<edit> Nevermind. I think I figured it out.

--- Update ---

Even BTMRR slings you around the corners. My son got a bump on his noggin to prove it. Just make the corners sharp enough and you don't have to go that fast.

Last edited:
Things that could be added to Diagon Alley, list from Potter Wiki.

Eeylops Owl Emporium - Takes away heavy crowd from other Owlery
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour - We don't have.
Flourish and Blotts - Sell all things literature of Potter here.
Gringotts Wizarding Bank - Ride maybe?
Junk shop - Discounted merchandise on all things Potter.
The Leaky Cauldron - Because it's a Pub, so yeah.
Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions - Clothes to buy
Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions - Create your own sodas?
Magical Menagerie: More merch themed to the monsters & creatures of the WW.
Ollivanders - An obvious choice, needs to be a lot bigger.
Sugarplum's Sweets Shop: A shop that sells confections.
TerrorTours: Depedning on scope of expansion, maybe have a tour to show you throughout the WW. Or, book tours for future UO trips.
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes - Joke shop
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment: A miscellaneous equipment store.
Various stalls and peddlers: Chestnuts, Butterbeer, etc.

I think it's different enough, yet also has elements to take away the craziness of some of the Hogsmeade shops.

I'd rather have a less thrilling attraction that is more faithful to the books than a watered-down attraction like that. Maybe it's just me that doesn't want to see a third dragon-related ride.

TerrorTours: Depedning on scope of expansion, maybe have a tour to show you throughout the WW. Or, book tours for future UO trips.

I think it's different enough, yet also has elements to take away the craziness of some of the Hogsmeade shops.

I bolded what I think has a good chance of coming.

I'd rather have a less thrilling attraction that is more faithful to the books than a watered-down attraction like that. Maybe it's just me that doesn't want to see a third dragon-related ride.

I'm confused as to how it would be watered down?

And there are PLENTY more things in Gringotts than the dragon.

Very few of those shops seem different from Hogsmeade. The few that do, I doubt uni would make. A bunch of shops leading up to a big building. That's what DA would be. Sound familiar?

I can agree with that. I think a Ministry of Magic ride would work well, like an omnimover style, since IoA lacks slow, relaxing rides. It could be a tour of the building and further delve into the realm of Potter.

^So many possibilities, judging by what Universal has learned so far.

5 shops
1 restaurant
1 ride

I can agree with that. I think a Ministry of Magic ride would work well, like an omnimover style, since IoA lacks slow, relaxing rides. It could be a tour of the building and further delve into the realm of Potter.

That would definitely be cool as well.

But personally, I just think Gringotts is going to be too fun for the designers to pass up.

Very few of those shops seem different from Hogsmeade. The few that do, I doubt uni would make. A bunch of shops leading up to a big building. That's what DA would be. Sound familiar?

It doesn't need to lead up to a big building. And yes, many of the buildings do share similarities with Hogsmeade because they need to alleviate the massive crowds in the small spaces of Hogsmeade. It would help spread it out.

It doesn't need to lead up to a big building. And yes, many of the buildings do share similarities with Hogsmeade because they need to alleviate the massive crowds in the small spaces of Hogsmeade. It would help spread it out.

If they made it look like in the movies, Gringotts would be at the very end. I'd really rather have something that could plausibly be near Hogsmeade and be very different as well, such as Forbidden Forest or even just a Hogsmead expansion (Shrieking Shack, anyone?)

Status
Not open for further replies.