Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't calm down as much as we'd like because there are plenty of people around the world that won't be coming down for 2 - 3 years from now,
I understand that. I wasn't saying that in a month this will calm down, but in about 5-10 years, when the amount of people going for the first time calms down, so will Ollivander's.
and they have one showroom, they need at another two, and maybe even then they'll be able to lower the amount of people in there at the same time and make it even that much more intimate.
I agree that they need a second show room, but they need it right next to Ollivander's. Is there any room?

As crowded as Ollivander's is, it will calm down in a few years, as less and less people really care. It will take a lot longer than the other shops, but it will calm down. There is no point in creating a copy of something to bring down crowds that will only be this bad for a few more years. Should they make a second FJ OR HRRR as well?

Or a second Dumbo.

Reactions: Andy
I'm curious why some of you are arguing that removing the remainder of the Lost Continent would make Islands too much like "Harry Potter's Islands of Adventure" ...wasn't Dueling Dragons a part of the Lost Continent? If anything the LC is the oddball in the park, as it has no brand name compared to the rest of the park. Marvel, Dr.Seuss, Jurrasic Pack, and to lesser extent Toon Lagoon, all have huge branding behind them. Lost Continent seems to be a minor area of the park, and Im pretty sure it's the least popular besides that Mythos place. I havent seen the Sinbad show or the Posidon show since the park opened, and im sure a lot of people feel the same way. Making the remainder of Lost Continent, an expansion of Harry Potter a MUCH bigger brand seems like a no-brainer.

Now as far as what will happen and when it will happen, personally I think the only reason they would fast track an expansion is because they want to remove Lost Continent completely from the map as soon as possible. That being said, considering the amount of time and detail that went into the WW, they would really need to get this on the fast track to meet the 2013 rumored deadline, and keep the same quality. I just dont see them tearing everything down and starting fresh..as it would be too costly and time consuming. Im thinking a much more minor resurfacing of the existing buildings instead, and maybe a new structure for Posiden if they choose to do a new ride.

I agree that they need a second show room, but they need it right next to Ollivander's. Is there any room?

They have already used the small amount of room that was available to expand Dervish & Banges back in mid December.

Now as far as what will happen and when it will happen, personally I think the only reason they would fast track an expansion is because they want to remove Lost Continent completely from the map as soon as possible.
How on earth does that make sense?
That being said, considering the amount of time and detail that went into the WW, they would really need to get this on the fast track to meet the 2013 rumored deadline, and keep the same quality. I just dont see them tearing everything down and starting fresh..as it would be too costly and time consuming. Im thinking a much more minor resurfacing of the existing buildings instead, and maybe a new structure for Posiden if they choose to do a new ride.
That would just be stupid. Uni's better than that. Those buildings would make NO SENSE in the HP world. Personally, I doubt that the expansion will be announced within the next 5 years. Why? So people keep coming for the first time. Why would people go when they could go in 2 or three years and see a whole new land as well?

As hatetofly said, the space available next to the Ollivanders was made into an expansion of the store.

But my point of having the original Ollivanders location in Diagon Alley for example with 2 showrooms there, would not only lower the wait time for a store, which ultimately its a store, but also lower the amount of people going in at the same time, so instead of 25 in at a time it would be reduced to 15 - 20 at a time, and truly be more intimate.

As hatetofly said, the space available next to the Ollivanders was made into an expansion of the store.

But my point of having the original Ollivanders location in Diagon Alley for example with 2 showrooms there, would not only lower the wait time for a store, which ultimately its a store, but also lower the amount of people going in at the same time, so instead of 25 in at a time it would be reduced to 15 - 20 at a time, and truly be more intimate.
I agree that if DA must be made another Ollivander's should be included, but DA shouldn't and WON'T be made.

I agree that if DA must be made another Ollivander's should be included, but DA shouldn't and WON'T be made.

Unless you work for UOC, we don't know that for sure, so anything is possible...Hell, maybe the expansion will be an expansion of Durmstrung and the wizarding duel show will be based on those students? :lol: (that was a joke BTW)

Hell, maybe the expansion will be an expansion of Durmstrung and the wizarding duel show will be based on those students? :lol:
That's just ridiculous! Everyone knows it will be a Beauxbatons expansion! Seriously, get your facts straight.:lol:

--- Update ---

Also, how will they explain someone besides Ollivander working the shop? In the books he was the only employee, and Jo said no notable characters.

They don't have to explain anything, same reason why no one asks(except little kids) how come none of the characters are walking around.

I have never bothered asking anyone, but next time I should ask the train conductor to see what kind of answer I get. Maybe he'll say something like, "oh they are all busy up at the school learning and stuff."

I also should ask if he has a wand, since obviously he's a wizard....hehe :sneaky: My mission next time will be to stump the conductor :lol:

^ :lol: Stump the Conductor is my favorite game! But I mean since it's his original shop, that only he works at, how would they explain him never working there?

I'm curious why some of you are arguing that removing the remainder of the Lost Continent would make Islands too much like "Harry Potter's Islands of Adventure" ...wasn't Dueling Dragons a part of the Lost Continent? If anything the LC is the oddball in the park, as it has no brand name compared to the rest of the park. Marvel, Dr.Seuss, Jurrasic Pack, and to lesser extent Toon Lagoon, all have huge branding behind them. Lost Continent seems to be a minor area of the park, and Im pretty sure it's the least popular besides that Mythos place. I havent seen the Sinbad show or the Posidon show since the park opened, and im sure a lot of people feel the same way. Making the remainder of Lost Continent, an expansion of Harry Potter a MUCH bigger brand seems like a no-brainer.

Now as far as what will happen and when it will happen, personally I think the only reason they would fast track an expansion is because they want to remove Lost Continent completely from the map as soon as possible. That being said, considering the amount of time and detail that went into the WW, they would really need to get this on the fast track to meet the 2013 rumored deadline, and keep the same quality. I just dont see them tearing everything down and starting fresh..as it would be too costly and time consuming. Im thinking a much more minor resurfacing of the existing buildings instead, and maybe a new structure for Posiden if they choose to do a new ride.

Personally I don't have much of an opinion of whether or not they should remove Lost Continent. I just think having Diagon Alley (which would be another "center" for the one land) would be too much. Not necessarily too much space, but I guess too much density. Too much to do compared to the other Islands, to where you could probably spend 5+ hours just at the Wizarding World with a maximum of 1 - 1 1/2 at the other Islands. If they were to expand into the entire Lost Continent, but more spread out, I guess I would be ok with that as it would be comparable in space to Jurassic Park and probably to Suess Landing in things to do.

See I'm torn because I'm a huge Potter fan and I definitely wouldn't complain if Universal just said heck with it, we are going to build a separate HP theme park. But on the other hand I've always thought Islands of Adventure is an almost perfect theme park, probably one of the best in the world, so I don't want it to feel like its "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!!...and these other Islands too..
Just as long as WWoHP is at least comparable to the other Islands in size and attraction/shop/restaurant number I'm fine.

Too much to do compared to the other Islands, to where you could probably spend 5+ hours just at the Wizarding World with a maximum of 1 - 1 1/2 at the other Islands.
:iagree: This is what no one seems to get, no matter how many times people have said "Oh, it wouldn't be too big, LC had that land before" you're the first person to point out that it wouldn't be too big just in size, but rather too big as in too much time could be spent in it, with all the huge lines, the shops, the time that could just be spent wandering around looking at all the little details. Great point!

How on earth does that make sense?
That would just be stupid. Uni's better than that. Those buildings would make NO SENSE in the HP world. Personally, I doubt that the expansion will be announced within the next 5 years. Why? So people keep coming for the first time. Why would people go when they could go in 2 or three years and see a whole new land as well?

What I meant is that Universal maybe anxious to remove a less popular area of the park to add a HUGELY popular area to the park. Doing it sooner then later makes "sense" because it completes that area of the park. Doing it now while Potter craze is still in full swing may keep attendence up...as opposed to adding it 5-10 years from now once the Potter hype has died down a bit.

Wouldnt it make more sense to "finish" the island now, then to remove an island and finish much later once the hype for Potter has slowed down? Not to mention that with the increase in revenue, now is the time they could really afford it.

Im not sure if a Diagon Alley is necessary though, as it seems like it would be kind of repeating themselves..but what do I know..is there no other area that they could create from the books that would make sense?

What I meant is that Universal maybe anxious to remove a less popular area of the park to add a HUGELY popular area to the park. Doing it sooner then later makes "sense" because it completes that area of the park. Doing it now while Potter craze is still in full swing may keep attendence up...as opposed to adding it 5-10 years from now once the Potter hype has died down a bit.

Wouldnt it make more sense to "finish" the island now, then to remove an island and finish much later once the hype for Potter has slowed down? Not to mention that with the increase in revenue, now is the time they could really afford it.
No. It doesn't make sense. If Steve Jobs had announced the IPhone 4 after only half the people who would have bought the Iphone had bought it, the other half would have just waited. The second WW phase 2 is announced, people will decide not to go to the WW for the first time now, but rather wait until Phase 2 was released. Otherwise, they might have visited once now and then again after phase two opens. It makes a million times more sense for them to wait until attendance dies down, to get people to come back. I guarantee you that nothing will be announced for this within the next 3-5 years.

Im not sure if a Diagon Alley is necessary though, as it seems like it would be kind of repeating themselves..but what do I know..is there no other area that they could create from the books that would make sense?
YES!!! It would be just repeating themselves! Maybe they could expand Hogsmeade to include the Shrieking Shack, etc, and maybe add the Forbidden Forest. All of those ideas are a million times better than DA.

Exactly. They know what they're doing. They'll start preliminary work before any expansion is announced. If I had a guess, and this part comes from just a hunch, no info on my part (hopefully that will come at some point soon) I'd say an announcement comes January next year, or sometime close to that.

--- Update ---

All of those ideas are a million times better than DA.

To you. To me, the Shrieking Shack would be exceptionally boring, considering absolutely nothing goes on there. And the forest is already represented heavily in FJ.

Besides, why would they take muggles into the forest when it's dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.