Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 499 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.....Very very interesting.

What's progress on the IOA side looking like? Can't remember the last pics I saw. But if the ride is already pretty much in place and the exteriors are being built, May 2014 is highly acheivable IMO.

Interesting.....Very very interesting.

What's progress on the IOA side looking like? Can't remember the last pics I saw. But if the ride is already pretty much in place and the exteriors are being built, May 2014 is highly acheivable IMO.

Based on what HTF said for testing dates, I can believe that HE would be ready to open in May 14. Whether they actually open it early, who knows. I would think they would want to open everything at once, but they may open HE first for softs since it is the most complex logistically. So could softs be that early, sure.

That's reading a lot into it, IMO. Photoshop is one thing, but printing Easter Eggs for unopened attractions on actual ride buildings is another.

That could't be more ridiculous. They were so strict about everything opening together with Phase one, there is NO WAY they would open a single attraction before the rest of the expansion, especially because the entrance and exit to the Hogwarts Express will be INSIDE the unfinished expansion. That was a really far fetched artical.

That could't be more ridiculous. They were so strict about everything opening together with Phase one, there is NO WAY they would open a single attraction before the rest of the expansion, especially because the entrance and exit to the Hogwarts Express will be INSIDE the unfinished expansion. That was a really far fetched artical.

I also think it's unlikely that we will see this open in phases, but the entrance/exit to the HE station should not be inside of Diagon Alley; it should be only accessible through London. So there is a slim chance that the HE could be open to the public first along with just the London facades :shrug:

It is a coincidence... but a coincidence at that. 300 Galleons it wont open by then. It is quite possible, but I still doubt it. With how advanced Phase II is they'll want to pack a punch on it's first day. Maybe a soft opening goal?

Meanwhile in my boredom, I found this:

tZluFN2.jpg

A familiar scene to remind us of what's fully coming. Hey Guise. I'm pretty stoked for this. By the looks of this, plus how tight it's particular spot is, the Leaky's entrance is going to be pretty crammed in there, huh?

There is a difference between opening in phases, meaning announcing a grand opening (aka FLE) and some of it not being open (aka 7DMC) and what happens in softs. HE could open to the GP in the form of softs long before the rest of Phase 2 opens to the GP in the form of softs. They could work out all the bugs with HE before the major HP crowds come. They could even begin by just opening it on the IOA side or just opening it on the Studios side. So everyone is a round tripper. And then move on to allowing people to leave and go to their destination, and then opening it up to allow crowds from both parks to ride it.

Because it is only accessible from London, it would be very easy to do this and not open the rest of Phase 2.

That would be good to get the word out about Potter AND ease everyone's anticipation. Keep the levels down as only two-park ticket holders could test it out. That'd also give some trial runs for this whole "ticket hall" deal.

All right, I think as an Easter present to us all...it's time for HTF to spill the beans on a date or SOMETHING.

All right, I think as an Easter present to us all...it's time for HTF to spill the beans on a date or SOMETHING.

I think you have to understand HTF does not have a date. He has a date they hope to meet, but it is not a date set in stone. So he is not going to spill a date that 6 months down the road is changed to a different date and he looks like a complete fool. Not to mention the date that it is changed to 6 months down the road changes 3 months after that. There is too much that can happen from now until opening for Uni to have any date set in stone. Weather and outside vendors getting stuff to them on time are just two examples of things they can't always control.

HTF has given us a huge hint on when they want to start testing HE, which to me is very telling of their plans. Those are the types of hints we are going to get until way closer. I mean look at TF, even now a couple months out, we still don't even have an opening month or even the month softs will begin.

And mind you the ones who give us information are in a spot that if they spill to much or too soon they could get into serious trouble. So, while we wait, be thankful for what you get and provide conversation :thumbs:

And mind you the ones who give us information are in a spot that if they spill to much or too soon they could get into serious trouble. So, while we wait, be thankful for what you get and provide conversation :thumbs:

Agreed. If they get in trouble, no more information going to them or us. So I will take what we get and not complain.

Besides, it's more fun guessing anyway's :lol: Especially when we're really sure on something and then, wait... nope. Wrong, hahah. I'm trying to figure out what they'll be selling in Diagon. Obviously those currency coin sets in the Gringotts shop. Hopefully the snackboxes in Weasely's. Anyone think we'll be seeing any more cool little odd potion equipment like the cauldrons they sell in Dervish and Banges? Potion bottles are one of those kind of trinkets that I could see flying off the shelf :shrug:

Here is an idea :idea2:

Could they open the Hogwarts side of it early? That way you get your kinks worked out and help alleviate some of the pressure on FJ until Gringotts and 2.0 are ready. Then technically the whole 2.0 land will open at the same time.

Besides, it's more fun guessing anyway's :lol: Especially when we're really sure on something and then, wait... nope. Wrong, hahah. I'm trying to figure out what they'll be selling in Diagon. Obviously those currency coin sets in the Gringotts shop. Hopefully the snackboxes in Weasely's. Anyone think we'll be seeing any more cool little odd potion equipment like the cauldrons they sell in Dervish and Banges? Potion bottles are one of those kind of trinkets that I could see flying off the shelf :shrug:

I'm hoping for decoy detonators, a hand of glory, and I really hope they sell full replicas of the daily prophet and quibbler magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.