Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 500 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated 3D render

6905yPc.jpg

With testing for HE to start in October, according to HTF, maybe they need a long period of time for softs on this ride. That's where May comes in? And maybe with GGGhost's idea, HE will officially open with DA on July 27.

And isn't Harry Potter's birthday in late July?

I suppose, by that logic, we could have:

IMG_1198.jpg

Hogwarts Xpress on July 27 (or July 2027?:p) ...and big arrows pointing at pipes that vaguely resemble train tracks!:lol:

I'm joking....but odd coincidence, no?

(Image credit to HTF)

It does seem odd that there would be a cryptic clue on the TF building but stranger things have happened. Could anyone here take the pipes in the pic and overlay them onto an aerial shot of UOR. Looking at the way the pipes are layed out on the building it almost appears to be a track layout. :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

If the pipe near the top are supposed to represent USF and the ones near the bottom where it curves represent IOA.

Was anyone around this thread when Universal had tentatively planned to put this in LC? Does anyone know what that would have been like?

Do you have any documents to prove that this was ever considered? If you did, they would date from 2005. Spare us.
Why is everyone being so negative towards me today? I was just curious. Good grief! And I had a Universal Tour Guide tell me while on those VIP Backlot tours that that was the plan. And 2005??? I'm talking about the Diagonal Alley Expansion being in LC....I thought everyone knew this and what everyone thought was happening...?

Yeah....welcome to OU. Type with caution and lurk often
I didn't see why it was so offensive? Like I've looked back in this forum and most everyone expected HP to expand into Lost Continent. I wasn't at all talking about the orginial HP world. And I wasn't acting like I had something that I was bragging about. But I remember those days when I would go on Orlando Insider and read about that being the plan it was just a matter of when and that Gringotts was going into PF. But no one understood how Universal would handle London and Scottland being right next to each other. And there was evidence that they planned on putting Diagonal Alley and Gringotts there before some genuis (who deserves a promotion) came up with the amazing idea that works out better for everyone to put it in Univesal Studios with HE.

So I was just asking if back in the day insiders on here (like HTF, Teebin, etc...) knew anything about the legitimacy of the old ideas and how it would have worked if they would have gone through with them?

No need for everyone to jump on me. I'll go back to lurking these forums and not post anything.

Why is everyone being so negative towards me today? I was just curious. Good grief! And I had a Universal Tour Guide tell me while on those VIP Backlot tours that that was the plan. And 2005??? I'm talking about the Diagonal Alley Expansion being in LC....I thought everyone knew this and what everyone thought was happening...?

I think some people take a post questioning validity as hostile. Teebin is not known to be openly aggressive to anyone, nor are most members of this board. We actually try to be one big happy board. However, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this - posts by relatively new people about 'park info' are regarded as less than suspect. This is because there have been people who have claimed to 'know things' and have spread false information while claiming to have 'valid' sources. Teebin has a reputation for having very good info. I don't think he was trying to be harsh to you - more likely trying to figure out where you might have gotten this information from. And just a future tip - tour guides don't usually know as much as they'd like to think they do. In fact, they're notorious for misinformation... I hope this post cleared up any misunderstanding. At least, I think it was a misunderstanding :wave: Please don't leave because of it.

Woahwoahwoah, I don't think any hostility was intended. As a fellow member's signature says: take this post with a grain of salt. Chill out, it's all good my friend :thumbs:

I'm hoping for decoy detonators, a hand of glory, and I really hope they sell full replicas of the daily prophet and quibbler magazine.

I know! I love the Spectrespecs (even if they were made of paper) but wanted to see some more value in the Quibbler itself. Maybe a small news stand outside of a Daily Prophet offices facades selling DP reproductions? That's be cool!

Hogwarts Xpress on July 27 (or July 2027?) ...and big arrows pointing at pipes that vaguely resemble train tracks!

the-da-vinci-code-inline200605150_1147982386.jpg
:pound:

I didn't see why it was so offensive? Like I've looked back in this forum and most everyone expected HP to expand into Lost Continent. I wasn't at all talking about the orginial HP world. And I wasn't acting like I had something that I was bragging about. But I remember those days when I would go on Orlando Insider and read about that being the plan it was just a matter of when and that Gringotts was going into PF. But no one understood how Universal would handle London and Scottland being right next to each other. And there was evidence that they planned on putting Diagonal Alley and Gringotts there before some genuis (who deserves a promotion) came up with the amazing idea that works out better for everyone to put it in Univesal Studios with HE.

So I was just asking if back in the day insiders on here (like HTF, Teebin, etc...) knew anything about the legitimacy of the old ideas and how it would have worked if they would have gone through with them?

No need for everyone to jump on me. I'll go back to lurking these forums and not post anything.

I know about some old stuff but only in the existing plot, with a much cheaper village and much more expensive FJ. Can't really discuss it but I thought I would chime in since you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah....welcome to OU. Type with caution and lurk often

???

I think some people take a post questioning validity as hostile. Teebin is not known to be openly aggressive to anyone, nor are most members of this board. We actually try to be one big happy board. However, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this - posts by relatively new people about 'park info' are regarded as less than suspect. This is because there have been people who have claimed to 'know things' and have spread false information while claiming to have 'valid' sources. Teebin has a reputation for having very good info. I don't think he was trying to be harsh to you - more likely trying to figure out where you might have gotten this information from. And just a future tip - tour guides don't usually know as much as they'd like to think they do. In fact, they're notorious for misinformation... I hope this post cleared up any misunderstanding. At least, I think it was a misunderstanding :wave: Please don't leave because of it.

Thanks Frogki. I am a wee bit Snape in my responses but I just want to keep the slate as clean as possible. Disneyhead drove me bonkers with his info back in 2008 and 2011 that there would be a train between IOA and US. I fought back hard that it was preposterous. He proved me wrong. So, I ask the same from anyone on this site to do the same. Prove your info true! That is all that I ask.

Thanks Frogki. I am a wee bit Snape in my responses but I just want to keep the slate as clean as possible. Disneyhead drove me bonkers with his info back in 2008 and 2011 that there would be a train between IOA and US. I fought back hard that it was preposterous. He proved me wrong. So, I ask the same from anyone on this site to do the same. Prove your info true! That is all that I ask.
I wasn't acting as I had info though. I know absutely nothing. I'm just a teenage boy who loves HP (movies but mainly books) and has always loved Universal...so like most of us this is a dream come true.

I was asking if anyone had any info about the original Diagonal Alley expansion plans and I didn't mean to intend that I had any info. So sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

I know about some old stuff but only in the existing plot, with a much cheaper village and much more expensive FJ. Can't really discuss it but I thought I would chime in since you asked.

- - - Updated - - -

???

I wish they would have put more money into FJ....I really think they missed an opportunity to do what most people will always consider as te highlight...more to walk through in Hogwarts.

I wish they would have put more money into FJ....I really think they missed an opportunity to do what most people will always consider as te highlight...more to walk through in Hogwarts.
Yes but you've also got to realize the implications of this on the surrounding area - if Hogsmeade hadn't had what it had (extremely creative merchandise which sold REALLY, REALLY well) we wouldn't have as 'cool' an area. Nor is it likely Universal would have made as large a profit without these unique merch shops, which are in and of themselves an experience of the books. While I would love a Great Hall experience, I'm really glad we got an amazing Hogsmeade that puts you into the books. But I understand why you'd want more Hogwarts - I'm a huge Potter head too, and it was super cool to see Hogwarts but I would have absolutely adored if they'd made it so we had the real 'courtyard' and a Great Hall.

I see what you're saying, but I think its probably difficult to decide where to draw the line. No matter how much or little we're given when it comes to Hogwarts in specific, we'll always want more. This is because we've seen and read about every nook and cranny of this castle, and damn it, we want to see it all! I would've loved to see some moving staircases, the Great Hall, or the Potions classroom in the FJ queue, simply because those locations were so memorable and significant in the source material. Alas, limitations must be set due to the reality that we live in. Only so much can be done in the real world. There are a lot more things I would have liked to see in Hogwarts, but at the end of the day, what we have is pretty incredible (just my opinion).

Yes but you've also got to realize the implications of this on the surrounding area - if Hogsmeade hadn't had what it had (extremely creative merchandise which sold REALLY, REALLY well) we wouldn't have as 'cool' an area. Nor is it likely Universal would have made as large a profit without these unique merch shops, which are in and of themselves an experience of the books. While I would love a Great Hall experience, I'm really glad we got an amazing Hogsmeade that puts you into the books. But I understand why you'd want more Hogwarts - I'm a huge Potter head too, and it was super cool to see Hogwarts but I would have absolutely adored if they'd made it so we had the real 'courtyard' and a Great Hall.
It is amazing. I just remember when they made the announcement and it was all over and I thought the main thing would be a Hogwarts that you could walkthrough....but that's not really practical. I just wish a phase 3 would be an add on to Hogwarts but that isn't possible really or practical. But it is all amazing as is. More than my wildest dreams. I actually fell down to the ground the first time I saw the Hogsmede arch. Luckily the Wizarding world was still really knew at that point so I was surrounded by super fans who were freaking out as well.

I wasn't acting as I had info though. I know absutely nothing. I'm just a teenage boy who loves HP (movies but mainly books) and has always loved Universal...so like most of us this is a dream come true.

I was asking if anyone had any info about the original Diagonal Alley expansion plans and I didn't mean to intend that I had any info. So sorry!

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong.

I see what you're saying, but I think its probably difficult to decide where to draw the line. No matter how much or little we're given when it comes to Hogwarts in specific, we'll always want more. This is because we've seen and read about every nook and cranny of this castle, and damn it, we want to see it all! I would've loved to see some moving staircases, the Great Hall, or the Potions classroom in the FJ queue, simply because those locations were so memorable and significant in the source material. Alas, limitations must be set due to the reality that we live in. Only so much can be done in the real world. There are a lot more things I would have liked to see in Hogwarts, but at the end of the day, what we have is pretty incredible (just my opinion).
You're right. The only thing I wish they would have done more with was the portrait gallery, but they had no idea it would be so profitable to make any more practical. Ugh I can't wait for this to be done. I'm re-reading the books in anticipation. I'm on the 5th and its reminding me how this is one of my favorite books overall and without a doubt the WORST of all the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.