Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 502 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so getting back on topic....what do you think the size of this expansion will be compared to the original land?

Last edited:
It will be much larger than the original Wizarding World, but not big as Amity since there will be space left next to the train station after looking at the water management maps.

I don't know about the part where it won't be as big as Amity. Consider how much space Jaws occupied. All of that is now going to part of Phase 2. I would have to say that this will exceed both Phase 1 and Amity in size.

It will be much larger than the original Wizarding World, but not big as Amity since there will be space left next to the train station after looking at the water management maps.

Are you talking abooout the space behind the buildings? If so, that is where the boarding area has been built... the boarding area isn't present on the water mngmnt docs.

When people ask me this, I usually just guesstimate and tell them that it will be around the size of the original Amity. It is taking up every bit of space it can get from the area.

Some of you should go join the discussion on the IOA Side thread as to how train station and Hogsmede entrance will work.

Does anyone know if we will actually be getting a forced perspective Big Ben in London?

As much as I would love that, I doubt it. Doesn't seem to be much room for it up front. But HTF did mention a feaux backdrop similar to the one in new york, in diagon so who knows? And if you look on areal images you will notice these buildings dont take up the entire space that jaws did, there is an amount of space behind HE and Gringotts.

Does anyone know if we will actually be getting a forced perspective Big Ben in London?

This was the first thing I thought of when I originally heard about the London facade. It isn't looking like we're getting one, which is kind of a surprise. But hey, not every London area in a theme park has to have a Big Ben.

So this is the place rumored to be the exit shop of Gringotts: Wiseacre's

207639-a-storefront-is-seen-in-diagon-alley.jpg

Anybody else think that they'll need to, you know, make it bigger for being the exit of THE e-ticket ride of Diagon. I'm excited to see how they'll modify it.

So this is the place rumored to be the exit shop of Gringotts: Wiseacre's

207639-a-storefront-is-seen-in-diagon-alley.jpg

Anybody else think that they'll need to, you know, make it bigger for being the exit of THE e-ticket ride of Diagon. I'm excited to see how they'll modify it.

I wonder if because it's an exit store, if it will sell generic potter or actually what it sold in the books/movies...

I'm re-reading the books in anticipation. I'm on the 5th and its reminding me how this is one of my favorite books overall and without a doubt the WORST of all the movies.

Hi, Peeps! Long time lurker, first-time poster. :wave:

Not to yank this off-topic again, but I saw this quote and came to this same conclusion myself today...I just finished watching all 8 films back to back over 3 days. The main reason I suspect that the 5th film is the "worst" of the series is because it featured a different screenwriter (Michael Goldenberg) than the other 7 films (Steve Kloves). The whole film has a huge "off" feeling to it and also feels a tad bit more "low-budget" than the rest. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's something I just happened to notice and figured I'd toss that in there.

Great forum...wonderful reading on here! :focus:

So this is the place rumored to be the exit shop of Gringotts: Wiseacre's.

Which reminds me, does anyone think they're going to re-theme the store fronts in Hogsmeade that are now going to be actual stores in Diagon Alley? Now I'm not talking about Ollivanders, I mean stores like Wiseacre's and Madam Malkin's Robes for All Ocassions that are actually supposed to be in Diagon Alley.

5203555828_5c84f63577_z.jpg

Hi, Peeps! Long time lurker, first-time poster. :wave:

Not to yank this off-topic again, but I saw this quote and came to this same conclusion myself today...I just finished watching all 8 films back to back over 3 days. The main reason I suspect that the 5th film is the "worst" of the series is because it featured a different screenwriter (Michael Goldenberg) than the other 7 films (Steve Kloves). The whole film has a huge "off" feeling to it and also feels a tad bit more "low-budget" than the rest. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's something I just happened to notice and figured I'd toss that in there.
somethin
Great forum...wonderful reading on here! :focus:

Welcome aboard the United Express!

As for the re-theming, Gambit, I don't think they'll find enough motivation for it. It's a shame, too, since you're totally right. I'd like to see some difference.

Last edited:
Well, I bet they will tell us the same thing as for Ollivanders... They are just branches of the original Diagon stores. Anyways, we don't get much info on shops located in Hogsmeade, so yeah..

I figured this would be the appropriate thread to post this. I just left a night at city walk or whatever and I noticed the parking garage signs still had jaws up! Now with Harry Potter taking it's place think we could see some new parking garage characters? Not to mention Transformers and Simpsons having a presence as well.

I figured this would be the appropriate thread to post this. I just left a night at city walk or whatever and I noticed the parking garage signs still had jaws up! Now with Harry Potter taking it's place think we could see some new parking garage characters? Not to mention Transformers and Simpsons having a presence as well.

I doubt it. They still have a King Kong lot and the Mummy replaced Kongfrontation almost 11 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.