Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 506 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really to need to read the books form the sound of it.

You really should. The first three might take a little "push" to get through, since Harry is still more like a kid than a mature teen. There is plenty of violence, but its contained in smaller bits and mostly to the end of those books from what I recall. The last three are likely to have you buried in them wanting to do nothing but read and break for food (well, that was me, anyway :lol:) Goblet of Fire (book 4) really gets you ready and "bridges" the first and last three, preparing you with the increased length and maturing content.

Anyway, for the expansion...I'm gonna be going through withdrawals once facades start going up. I almost like seeing the structural work more than the themeing.

Also, HTF....do you stand by that anyone can ride Hogwarts Express? Even if the don't have 2 park tickets????

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?4925-Wizarding-World-Phase-II-Discussion&p=269506#post269506

I believe the current photo op is staying. The train will have an engine and coal car. And at the Hogsmeade station you will not see 2 engines. And I believe that the current photo op shows the answer as to how they will pull this off.

I think I'm getting tunnel vision :look: Is my prognosis correct, HTF? :look:

I really to need to read the books form the sound of it.

Everyone should read the books! They're not just a great read, but reading them will also be eye-opening to a lot of details in the movies and in the parks :thumbs:

You really should. The first three might take a little "push" to get through, since Harry is still more like a kid than a mature teen. There is plenty of violence, but its contained in smaller bits and mostly to the end of those books from what I recall. The last three are likely to have you buried in them wanting to do nothing but read and break for food (well, that was me, anyway :lol:) Goblet of Fire (book 4) really gets you ready and "bridges" the first and last three, preparing you with the increased length and maturing content.

Spot-on description! :thumbs:

Since this was posted late on April 1st, I'm taking this with a grain of salt - but the Leakycon fan convention posted an announcement that Leakycon 2014 will be at Uni next summer.

Leakycon previously held a convention at the Royal Pacific in 2011 for the release of Deathly Hallows pt 2, and the HPEF held the Infinitus conference in 2010 about a month after the WWoHP's opening. I'd been suspecting all along that LC would have an event at the park once phase 2 opens. Even if this was an April Fools - the online HP fan community is looking closely at the construction and will arrive as soon as phase 2 is ready to roll.

Since this was posted late on April 1st, I'm taking this with a grain of salt - but the Leakycon fan convention posted an announcement that Leakycon 2014 will be at Uni next summer.

Leakycon previously held a convention at the Royal Pacific in 2011 for the release of Deathly Hallows pt 2, and the HPEF held the Infinitus conference in 2010 about a month after the WWoHP's opening. I'd been suspecting all along that LC would have an event at the park once phase 2 opens. Even if this was an April Fools - the online HP fan community is looking closely at the construction and will arrive as soon as phase 2 is ready to roll.

LOL! A friend literally just e-mailed me about this! I am wondering whether it is true, and then whether it's plausible that they could have a summer convention in 2014, if there's no solid confirmation that the park will be open by then. I don't think there's been any word from HTF or anyone, except from that TPI article. I was thinking LeakyCon would come back to Orlando in 2015, but the sooner, the better! I've attended the convention since 2011, and it's been amazing fun! In 2011 it was extra special to have in in Orlando, with the park, and coinciding with the release of the last movie, which we all got to see a few hours before it was officially released. And these conventions are just great fun overall. In 2011 the nighttime event they held in the park was amazing! When you have the park to yourself, unlimited food, drinks and Butterbeer... Priceless! And it will be amazing to have this in the new DA area! Very exciting!

I totally agree that there's something about the con that is just beyond magical. Actually, attending both of these cons are what lead me to this board and how I became a huge fan of this site.

Definitely agree with you, Felipe, that I didn't think Leakycon would try booking anything with the opening date still up in the air. 2015 would make more sense, but we'll probably see this con booked for August 2014 to catch the tail end of the "opening summer 2014" window

Is there any confirmation in this expansion opening in phases? I would like to see the whole thing completed before they start letting people in.

Do either of the stations for the HE include something to do with entering Platform 9 3/4 (I would assume this would be on the London side)?

Hogsmeade Station going vertical
BG23ffmCQAA-Ths.jpg

BG2bXhNCEAAqvGL.jpg

BG2vbyHCUAAyAYm.jpg

Pics by @OrlandoInformer

Status
Not open for further replies.