Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 517 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And an engineering friend of mine said, "I hope they got it right!". I think it is the depth of the concrete bases that is key... and we cannot really see that at this point. I am hoping that it is at least 8 feet below ground; 4 feet above. Just guessing, but that would make the bases approx. 4'X8'X12' per base, of which there are many. An' dat's alotta CRETE!

I know that the foundations looked to be very sizable when they were digging them up back around September-ish. Several of them looked to be wide as opposed to deep. I know they do that with coasters at Cedar Point where the water table is high and the ground composition is mostly sand, and if the soil conditions are similar (high amount of sand/clay), I wouldn't be surprised if they were very wide in this instance. Also, the full width on these probably aren't apparent, as they tend to get covered over with the top soil and other materials (like asphalt/concrete for road surfaces in this case), leaving only the connecting areas and a little extra exposed.

The switch track section looks to be completed from what I could see from Rockit. I'm very curious about the vehicles they'll be using, as the track was very odd in its structure.

And an engineering friend of mine said, "I hope they got it right!". I think it is the depth of the concrete bases that is key... and we cannot really see that at this point. I am hoping that it is at least 8 feet below ground; 4 feet above. Just guessing, but that would make the bases approx. 4'X8'X12' per base, of which there are many. An' dat's alotta CRETE!

They're supported just fine. The bases are absolutely massive and yet very unobstructive backstage. Extremely creative approach with a lot of them too! The engineers must have had oodles of fun designing them. :lol:

This is a backstage picture, which is a BIG no-no on these forums.

Well he's just posting what's on screamscape. I don't see what the big deal is. Screamscape is a very popular site.

It looks like its gonna run pretty close to those buildings. Definitely gonna have to be a well shuttered train.

Well he's just posting what's on screamscape. I don't see what the big deal is. Screamscape is a very popular site.

It looks like its gonna run pretty close to those buildings. Definitely gonna have to be a well shuttered train.

You still don't post backstage photos here. I'm sure it'll be removed shortly, but its taboo here.

This is an indirect tie in to the expansion but Orlando informer is reporting dragon challenge will be back to normal operating hours now. The notice of it opening at 12 was removed

Screamscape can do what they want, and post what they want, but there's a very strict "no backstage photos" rule on this forum for a good reason.

Any backstage pics that aren't officially released by the respective theme park is not allowed on these boards. We're very adament about that rule, especially during Horror Nights season.

Any backstage pics that aren't officially released by the respective theme park is not allowed on these boards. We're very adament about that rule, especially during Horror Nights season.

"Backstage" during HHN is actually considered "Onstage" while the event is going on. That's a real gray area though, but just thought you would want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.