Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 516 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The three service entrances, Mummy, Beetle, and Disaster are the only locations I can imagine seeing it from. I hope they have a fix for that.

that's what I was referring to

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't see the problem with anything Universal is doing. Call me crazy but all I see is great things coming to both parks. Most of the attractions being visible adds to it for me.

we know you don't. However, this is a discussion board, if we were all here loving everything and not questioning anything then this would become a pretty boring place lol. I'm not complaining, just pointing out how it'll most likely be visible. Sounds like the train is fully-themed so it'll actually be pretty cool looking. No worries.

Random thought just occurred to me, I honestly cannot remember if this has been addressed... So since the train is not actually doing a circuit but just has a switch track, you have to travel backwards at some point. Are the seats opposing (ie like the train compartment)? Do you not actually see the engine (probably hogs mead) at one end as to maintain the illusion you are still traveling forwards when boarding?

Random thought just occurred to me, I honestly cannot remember if this has been addressed... So since the train is not actually doing a circuit but just has a switch track, you have to travel backwards at some point. Are the seats opposing (ie like the train compartment)? Do you not actually see the engine (probably hogs mead) at one end as to maintain the illusion you are still traveling forwards when boarding?

From what I understand in each cart the seats are facing each other, so half facing forward and half facing backwards.

that's what I was referring to

- - - Updated - - -

we know you don't. However, this is a discussion board, if we were all here loving everything and not questioning anything then this would become a pretty boring place lol. I'm not complaining, just pointing out how it'll most likely be visible. Sounds like the train is fully-themed so it'll actually be pretty cool looking. No worries.

Hey I'm just expressing my opinion just like everyone else does. I can be critical of things. I just honestly don't have a problem with most of the stuff some people do. Plus I'm not a fan of being critical of stuff that's not done. And also my comment wasn't directed at one person, it was just a statement. No worries here either.

Last edited:

I think others 'in the know' here had implied that the engine would not be visible at Hogsmeade station, only at King's Cross. It was also implied that in Hosmeade, the engine of the train would be hidden within a tunnel (which would allow the existing Hogwarts Express photo op to remain while maintaining the illusion of only one train existing).

By that same reasoning, it would make sense that the coal car at the back of the train will also be obscured at Hogsmeade station (by walls or, perhaps, another small tunnel). This way, passengers will be unaware the train is faced the wrong way at Hogsmeade station.

You are correct, you will be traveling backwards when going from Hogsmeade Station to Kings Cross Station. And yes, the seats are opposing. Not sure on the last question I'll have to look into it.

By that same reasoning, it would make sense that the coal car at the back of the train will also be obscured at Hogsmeade station (by walls or, perhaps, another small tunnel). This way, passengers will be unaware the train is faced the wrong way at Hogsmeade station.

The coal tender is at the back of the engine: HS --> Engine - Coal Tender - Passenger Car - Passenger Car - Passenger Car <-- KCS

I'm guessing the train will only be visible if you are really looking hard for it. You will probably be able to see it from all the coasters and the doom drop so I don't see what the big deal is. The "illusion" will be just that, unless you're under the age of 10, it's not like you think it's real anyway..right? right? Are people forgetting the giant visible show building behind the castle? While Im sure "hiding" ride elements is sort of important, I would imagine that Universal rather spend the capitol elsewhere then worry about the select few nitpickers that are upset that they can see the train through a crack in the buildings. Just a guess.

After my request and satisfaction yesterday, I must say that the backstage track engineering seems to defy physics. It will amount to 1 1/2 trains being cantilevered over the service road! The first thing that came to mind is the Yeti's problems... :blank:

After my request and satisfaction yesterday, I must say that the backstage track engineering seems to defy physics. It will amount to 1 1/2 trains being cantilevered over the service road! The first thing that came to mind is the Yeti's problems... :blank:

I doubt these trains will be exerting 747 level forces on the track, so they should be free from Disco Yeti Syndrome.

The coal tender is at the back of the engine: HS --> Engine - Coal Tender - Passenger Car - Passenger Car - Passenger Car <-- KCS

Oops. I guess I should have looked at a photo of the train before replying.
Well, guess that makes it even easier for Creative to hide both the engine and the coal car!

Edit: Actually, come to think of it, they will still have to hide the 'end' of the train at Hogsmeade, so that boarding passengers won't be able to see that there is no engine there.

Last edited:
Tweet from OrlandoInforer-

Oh no, a new construction wall in [HASHTAG]#TheSimpsons[/HASHTAG] expansion @UniversalORL blocking our third floor perch..

https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer/status/322367936704688129/photo/1

Did they do this for the expansion, or do you think theyre onto us & blocked this until after they announce phase 2? Also, how in the world are people going to exit the ride now? Are people from both domes going to be directed to the other side exits?

Also, how in the world are people going to exit the ride now? Are people from both domes going to be directed to the other side exits?

Back when they were doing work between The Ride and the Kwik-E Mart on more extended queue and Meet and Greet space, they did. They told you to exit all the way down the hallway to other side with the guests from the other dome.

I thought the same thing Teebs, that's a lot of over hang.

I thought the same thing Teebs, that's a lot of over hang.

And an engineering friend of mine said, "I hope they got it right!". I think it is the depth of the concrete bases that is key... and we cannot really see that at this point. I am hoping that it is at least 8 feet below ground; 4 feet above. Just guessing, but that would make the bases approx. 4'X8'X12' per base, of which there are many. An' dat's alotta CRETE!

Status
Not open for further replies.