Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 514 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish Universal would start selling a better variety of house-merchandise. I always wanted a Ravenclaw ticket and room key holder but the only have Grifyndor. And it's just UGH. #PotterHeadProblems

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, more trees and stonework will be added to drown out the coaster to the best of their ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope
HTF...what will they do about now having two Hogsmede stations?

The best thing ever will be purchasing a two-park pass to see all of Potter and having it be in the design of a legitimate Hogwarts Express boarding pass. And to sell those in collector's edition within frames. And to run at the wall and... Okay yep too many emotions.

Let the tears commence.

Reactions: Felipe
HTF...what will they do about now having two Hogsmede stations?

There will be one Hogsmeade station just like there is only one Mickey Mouse at the Magic Kingdom. While you might be able to view it in multiple locations there is still only one. You are merely viewing it in a different time and space.

Hey guys! Haven't seen me lately? :p Well I've been quite busy and can't believe everything I've missed within the past few days so I am here with a suggestion after spending 30 minutes catching up.

HTF - I think it would be great to have a weekly "Catch-Up Thread." Every Sunday there can be a thread that recaps everything that has happened from say Monday to Sat. including links to any new picture updates, etc. Would be really helpful! What do you think?

Love the progress on the station IOA side.

Hey guys! Haven't seen me lately? :p Well I've been quite busy and can't believe everything I've missed within the past few days so I am here with a suggestion after spending 30 minutes catching up.

HTF - I think it would be great to have a weekly "Catch-Up Thread." Every Sunday there can be a thread that recaps everything that has happened from say Monday to Sat. including links to any new picture updates, etc. Would be really helpful! What do you think?

Love the progress on the station IOA side.

Well, we have something like it with the major stuff that comes up here: What We Know: Potter Phase II.
(Although, it kinda needs some refreshing up in there)

Did I miss something, or is Screamscape just making an incorrect assumption? Hes calling the expansion London/Ministry of Magic.

I went to Universal today and decided to bring back a mini-update. I'm sorry for the lack of quality in the picture, but in order to see Gringotts you have to look through all the other buildings that are up in front of it.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like they are forming the base of the smaller dome that sits on the roof of Gringotts.

The photo on the left shows the forms, while the photo on the right is a screen shot from Deathly Hallows.

gringotts.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the heads up, novawildcat18! :thumbs: And that only looks like half of it! (Like it could continue completely over the street, and have another track like it on the other side)

Nice catch, inferi88! That certainly looks like it! :thumbs: Did you get any other pics?

Thanks for the heads up, novawildcat18! :thumbs: And that only looks like half of it! (Like it could continue completely over the street, and have another track like it on the other side)

Now I'm just guessing on this but I believe that there will be an emergency egress walkway on the cantilevered section of the support. That would mean that what you are seeing is the completed track or track support system.

that track is high up...18 feet sounds like less than it actually is!

So how are they going to deal with visibility? There are plenty of spots from which the train will surely be seen (between Disaster and London, between Mummy and Beetlejuice, from HRRR)...are they just going to leave it and have people assume it's nothing? Are they going to plant trees? Are they going to block out those areas?

I'm guessing they'll just have it out in the open and hope people don't know what it is they're looking at, but I think that would be so weird looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.