Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 513 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is highly unlikely. For one, The train is being constructed to actual scale with an interior and an exterior. There is simply no place for multiply layers of screen...

I agree that this multiplane method could be difficult to achieve because of the lack of space. But I still think that, unless the issue of shifting perspectives is addressed when using lenticular technology, it would be be a jarring and inauthentic experience. (Now if head-tracking technology is used to alter the imagery according to the movement of each passenger, then lenticular tech would work beautifully. This video shows an example of creating a false window using headtracking
[video=youtube;V2hxaijuZ6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2hxaijuZ6w[/video] . )

PS: The OLED video adds proof to my point about perspective being unnecessary for the lenticular windows. If you watch the real city behind the OLED said:
But that camera is quite a distance from the window in that video. Passengers on the Hogwarts Express will be sitting only a few feet away (only a few inches for some) from the window. Test this out. Stand five feet away from a window and move your head only slightly from side to side. Even minimal head movement effects a change in the position and content of scenery. Parallex at work.

OLED is cool said:
If the transparent OLED screens are able to create opaque imagery, then there is no reason why the backstage area of the parks would need to show. The screen furthest away from the window would portray the sky.

I agree with you completely that the tech would be perfect for the frosted effect during the dementor attack, particularly with the inside cabin windows. I posted this theory in the Secret Stash thread a day ago.

But that camera is quite a distance from the window in that video. Passengers on the Hogwarts Express will be sitting only a few feet away (only a few inches for some) from the window. Test this out. Stand five feet away from a window and move your head only slightly from side to side. Even minimal head movement effects a change in the position and content of scenery. Parallex at work.

True, but the windows are outside the cabin, therefore there should be 3-4 feet of space between them and the screen. It won't be perfect, but using layers will only create the illusion of the screen being farther away.

I guess they could find a way to place a larger 3d screen beyond the window frame.

So, we have basically been hinted to that Hogwarts Express will create a 3D effect without glasses, and none of you have a thought about this? This entire site is acting like, "oh, ok, whatever..." when such tech has never ever ever been done before! Did I log into dufus central by accident?

Wow really, maybe some of just don't care!
If I am missing some reference... I apologize other wise no I don't.

There's an update on OTPN that was posted today, but the pics seem older than the ones Themeparkvigilante posted on here most recently. TPV's pics showed a sort of "roof" shape over the station, unlike the ones on OTPN:

jxesIxOdS7gQq.JPG

jUSCOxucyUvK2.JPG

jKm3xCRALyhQp.JPG

To get this thread back on track, what facades do we think are going between Kings Cross and Wyndhams Theatre?

Also, an equally mysterious thing, Hogsmeade Station:
1_zps947449ae.jpg

Presumably, we're getting the Order of the Phoenix station (which is also in Hogsmeade currently), but where does that triangle fit in?
normal_hs2.jpg

And this may be old but someone posted ride footage from DC and had some quick shots of the Hogsmeade station [video=youtube;Yym1zN-C5VQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yym1zN-C5VQ[/video]

To get this thread back on track, what facades do we think are going between Kings Cross and Wyndhams Theatre?

Also, an equally mysterious thing, Hogsmeade Station:
1_zps947449ae.jpg

Presumably, we're getting the Order of the Phoenix station (which is also in Hogsmeade currently), but where does that triangle fit in?
normal_hs2.jpg

Could we be getting the station from the earlier movies?

The station is custom in many aspects as we never see the whole thing, but the queue will go through a large outdoor section and then into building pictured above from Order of the Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.