Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 581 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have already told you all that there will be sets; about the elaborate models that were recently set up in the company that shall not be named. One guess and you would be correct.

Are most of the large sets in the Gringott's ride strictly rock work? Will the have the full set from Deathly Hallows which depicts the dragon guarding a vault? Will we enter a vault at anytime? Besides the goblins in the queue and dragon(s), will there be any other kind of animatronic character featured on the ride itself? Such as a dark wizard? Or are all the human characters projections only?

Are most of the large sets in the Gringott's ride strictly rock work? Will the have the full set from Deathly Hallows which depicts the dragon guarding a vault? Will we enter a vault at anytime? Besides the goblins in the queue and dragon(s), will there be any other kind of animatronic character featured on the ride itself? Such as a dark wizard? Or are all the human characters projections only?

I didn't ask for details as it would not have been cool to do so. As it is a model of sets, it wouldn't haven't any reference to animatronic dragons.

I like being a wee bit dumb now (phase II) as I can't handle the stress associated with knowing or hinting it this time around. Too much other stuff going on. I think a certain popular member here will concur that it can be stressful both knowing stuff and figuring out how to divulge it.

i want to belive! But I heard a lot of the same hype talk for FJ, which is fine, because I liked that ride a whole bunch, but it didnt WOW me like I was expecting.

Ummm where else can you get the sensation of magically flying on an inanimate object through physical space? I've drempt up rides my whole life and Forbidden Journey was the very first time I finally felt like realistic flight was achieved. I may have cried a little that sweet day I got into Hogwarts with less than 50 other people on that soft opening day. That was true magic.

I don't believe that Weasley Wizard Wheezes facade with the tipping hat guy will be facing into the main drag of Diagon Alley as shown in the concept art, but instead be where I have the arrow in the screen cap below:

2ry2dqe.jpg

And soooo, no one has a comment about my theory of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes location that I posted earlier? I find it odd that no one has made a comment about it.

I don't think so :shrug: It would make a bigger impact to see it on main street, not a side street.

I remember someone mentioning Bill Weasleys office but that would be inside the ministry not Gringotts. I was never aware they were connected. Actually I know they're not. Im just interested to see how this turns out

From the Harry Potter wikia:

"While Gringotts is largely staffed by goblins, including Griphook, Bogrod, and Ragnok, it is known that the bank does employ humans. Bill Weasley works as a Curse Breaker for Gringotts in Egypt, retrieving artefacts from ancient Egyptian tombs and pyramids after his graduation from Hogwarts. When he wanted to do work for the Order of the Phoenix, Bill transferred to a desk job in England to be near home. That same year, Fleur Delacour took a job at Gringotts as well after participating in the Triwizard Tournament, to improve her English, though she only works part-time.
At least during Harry Potter's break in of the bank, there seems to be a full-time security force that is comprised of wizard guards, and that rushes to the scene when the Lestrange vault was broken into. Despite this, Griphook mentions at that time that the goblins resent "wand-bearer" interference in their internal affairs.
"

"In addition to the two rides, I'm told that Universal is working on a live show, which will play in the open area under a glass canopy near the Gringotts ride's exit."

Perfect spot for some bankers to get involved with there investments.

The troupe of dancing bank guards?
Nasir+Nasser+Harry+Deathly+Hallows+Gringotts+Guard2.jpg

This thought just came to me, and bare with me it's probably not going to be like this. But what if the 3d glasses that you're given when you ride Gringott's are built to look like Harry's glasses. The plot would be that, like the 7th movie, we have to take Polyjuice potion to become Harry to trick Voldemort, thus the glasses would make sense.

Cool theory! :cheers:

BTW, about the glasses in general, I highly doubt they would sell them. The 3D glasses are not supposed to be worn for long periods of time or out in the sun, it would be a health risk, and Universal won't want to deal with the liability.

Universal creative wouldn't be able to create the same experience they are trying to create with Gringotts without screens, same as Forbidden Journey. Otherwise we'd just have another Mummy coaster. In a way its unfortunate but projection is the way of theme park future.

This. Especially since they have limited space, and they can create infinite space with screens placed among sets. And these will probably be super high-def screens that will look like sets. Just like Spider-Man and Transformers 3D, or better!

I'm surprised this hasn't been commented on, but I think this concept I suggested before might be right on the money:

What about a Goblin stock exchange or auction? We get a bunch of scrawny characters yelling at the top of their lungs, selling ridiculous Harry Potter items and creatures like fire-pooping fire-crabs, giant man-eating tree monsters and magical swords that may or may not destroy Horcruxes.
This could add to the interactive element as well!

I'm also very glad to hear that the coaster is going to feature large scale sets, animatronics, and 3D screens. I once saw James Cameron say in an interview that the key to great special effects is using a whole variety within one scene (CGI, miniatures, in-camera illusions, etc). He said that if you're always changing it up, then the audience never has a chance to figure out how how you did it.

This philosophy applies very well to designing rides, I think.

Also, if the Gringotts guards in Phase 2 are as good-looking as some of the ones in that pic, I'm going to be mighty distracted in that queue.

I don't think so :shrug: It would make a bigger impact to see it on main street, not a side street.
The reason I think it is going where I pointed out is if you look at the Movie set, the corner is chopped off, and that place I pointed out is the only place I have found that has the corner chopped off.

Exterior_of_Weasleys_Wizards_Wheezes_shop.JPG

The reason I think it is going where I pointed out is if you look at the Movie set, the corner is chopped off, and that place I pointed out is the only place I have found that has the corner chopped off.

Exterior_of_Weasleys_Wizards_Wheezes_shop.JPG

I think the area you're pointing out is much bigger than the corner from the WWW facade. And if you look closely on the SFWM plans, there's a small chipped corner there too :thumbs:

I think the area you're pointing out is much bigger than the corner from the WWW facade. And if you look closely on the SFWM plans, there's a small chipped corner there too :thumbs:

Oh, ok. I was just looking at the roof panels from the video and it doesn't look to be chipped off like that, but you can see the supports for the facade where it it will probably make that chipped off corner. As a matter of fact, from the SFWM plan, there aren't even any doors over where I had pointed out.

So, nevermind, pay no attention to me. I was married for 18 years, I'm used to being wrong.

Last edited:
I keep reading about these cutbacks, but never an explanation about what they were. Do you mind giving a description?

Missing or scaled back effects from the FJ. All from current or previous version of the ride.

1. Traveling through castle interiors with loads of brickwork
2. Nearly Headless Nick AA
3. Moving Staircase scene
4. Fall from a real dragon chase through a bridge and land into the Forbidden Forrest
5. Real Spider AA not static
6. Dementors scaled back
7. Basilisk AA
8. Whomping Willow

Did y'all already decide it is not the "chipped" corner on the other side of that building?

Oh, ok. I was just looking at the roof panels from the video and it doesn't look to be chipped off like that, but you can see the supports for the facade where it it will probably make that chipped off corner. As a matter of fact, from the SFWM plan, there aren't even any doors over where I had pointed out.

So, nevermind, pay no attention to me. I was married for 18 years, I'm used to being wrong.

The SFWM plans don't really show any doors or windows, just breaks between walls, and probably not all of them. So, there could still be a door there :shrug: I just figure the window display with the Weasley twin is the smaller corner, and it fits with the concept art position.

And :lol: Funny guy...

Did y'all already decide it is not the "chipped" corner on the other side of that building?

I think that's the place TPI and HTF referred to as the centralized location for Butterbeer. The mysterious structure south of Gringotts.

Missing or scaled back effects from the FJ. All from current or previous version of the ride.

4. Fall from a real dragon chase through a bridge and land into the Forbidden Forrest
6. Dementors scaled back
7. Basilisk AA
8. Whomping Willow

:bang: This makes me so frustrated. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!!!

6. Dementors scaled back
7. Basilisk AA
8. Whomping Willow

Yeah I was wondering why there were no moving stair cases or ghosts....which is kinda a let down

Yeah I was wondering why there were no moving stair cases or ghosts....which is kinda a let down

You can thank this little invention for certain cutbacks. Mind you the budget would of been cut elsewhere so no big deal. Really can't complain too much with the final product. Not to mention the FJ is still my favorite dark ride.

0a7a51a5511495ec9a995dd4c967f808.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.