Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
rotfl, that IS the Knight Bus xD And it isn't used in the theme park currently, it's in storage. It was used to get the stars on the night of the Grand Opening of the WWoHP (the one they only had private viewers)... It was an actual vehicle (although I believe it's really only meant for show, so :shrugs: ... Although I don't doubt they could pull off a Knight Bus, it's a transportation system for stranded witches or wizards. So muggles wouldn't really need it (we were allowed in Hogwarts as muggles, the Knight Bus is solely for witches/wizards. But other locations are open to possibility, because Hogwarts has already been "revealed to us")...

EDIT: Forget my first post, that IS the Knight Bus, but it's not the one they used for the park - it's Scholastic's book tour bus :/ lol...

Yes the one used for theWWoHP grand opening was an actual triple decker and looked more authentic. They had it sitting in CityWalk right after the opening but I have no clue where it is now. Probably in storage.

Yes the one used for theWWoHP grand opening was an actual triple decker and looked more authentic. They had it sitting in CityWalk right after the opening but I have no clue where it is now. Probably in storage.

This was written about on another thread, the one they used for the grand opening was THE Knight Bus used in the movie, it was actually built to full scale for filming. It breaks down into smaller pieces for shipping as it was shipped out to Orlando by WB to use for the opening. On the other HP thread it had pictures of a shipping facility I think in North Carolina, where someone working there took pictures of it in pieces, it was really cool.

Once the crowds calm down I would not mind seeing that return as a parked piece to get pictures with in the park, or maybe be used for the special events they could plan with the area. Small touches that would want to bring people into the event itself.

It likely won't happen due to it having no real place in Hogsmeade both thematics and literally for space availible as it would block something anywhere it went.

I would still love to see it bring special guests and celebrities out for Night of a Thousand Wizard type events.

I bet the Knight Bus that we saw before will end up at one of the Potter exhibits run by WB and other partnerships.

They could do a few more show things, like a wizard duel and diagon alley (really that would be more shops) but gringots and a hog warts express train would be super fun. A prop building museum could be cool, like next to the land. Or they could put that at the studios to get more people over there, and to see the sales in both the parks.

Museum won't happen in either park because they want to put you INTO the land, and not make a dedication and movie prop area.

From Screamscape:

(1/26/11) Screamscape sources tell us that survey markings are appearing in backstage areas behind the remainder of The Lost Continent as they attempt to map out how Phase 2 of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will take shape. It would be easy to convert Sinbad into a new live action show, but what kind of attraction could make good use of the Poseidon’s Fury structure?

The vortex can be rethemed as an entrance under the lake to the chamber of secrets .Some big concrete snake heads and a new movie
at the end you are magically transported out of chamber (wall/box comes down ) Reggie become one of the Weasly twins sneaking you
somewhere you are not supposed to be.

WOW, they are already taking surveys of the area. This expansion might be happenning a lot sooner than expected :happy:

It also could mean that they are merely surveying for previs sight-lines and engineering possibilities in order to mock-up designs for presentation. :wave:

Took the words right out of my mouth. They're obviously going to present a new idea years before an expansion ever happens.

It also could mean that they are merely surveying for previs sight-lines and engineering possibilities in order to mock-up designs for presentation. :wave:

True, but this shows that the expansion is in full swing. Gotta enjoy Mythos now while we still have it

True, but this shows that the expansion is in full swing. Gotta enjoy Mythos now while we still have it

Weeeeell, I believe it is closer to "the investigation of expansion is in full swing". At least that is what has been very vaguely hinted to me. Frustratingly vague I might add.

Status
Not open for further replies.