Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the water front opens soon, will it be part of London, San Francisco, or World Expo for the time being? Or do we just not talk about it?

What water front? :look: There's nothin' there... That's just an empty space where Kongfrontation XX: The Next Kongfrontier will open summer 2020! Bible! Solid sources! :look:

:lol:

To clarify, I was talking about the distressing below. I never said there shouldn't be aging... it just seems too dark to me. I also never said there shouldn't be verdigris stains, I was merely commenting on the fact that none of us knew for sure where they were going next with the faux grainite treatment and was happy that they are introducing a full modern day look.

distress.jpg

It might seem too dark and stick out because there's no other distressing around it. Once there's more around, it'll probably stick out less. Plus there's probably many more layers of paint coming to make it all blend in better.

Felipe, I swear that sometimes you are actually 'Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm' in disguise and Violarum is 'Pippi Longstocking' with an attitude. :smiley:

What does excite me is that green algae is coming soon... weeeeeee!

Reactions: Felipe
To clarify, I was talking about the distressing below. I never said there shouldn't be aging... it just seems too dark to me. I also never said there shouldn't be verdigris stains, I was merely commenting on the fact that none of us knew for sure where they were going next with the faux grainite treatment and was happy that they are introducing a full modern day look.

distress.jpg

That looks like a visual mock-up to me showing that stained effect that needs to be approved before being applied someplace else

Im excited for Wizarding World of Harry Potter phase II. I just hope we dont see any gatorade or powerade bottles and you guys think its ruining the construction for Wizarding World of Harry potter phase II. Trust me im sure they have trash cans and can throw them away. :rofl:

I love how everyone has become such experts on all this "distressing" stuff. :bonk:

The reason that some people might seem like they think they are experts at distressing stuff on this forum is because they are experts at themed entertainment, work in the industry, know many of the tricks of the trade and are highly admired and sought after in their fields. There aren't just themepark fanbois/girlz on this website.

Last edited:
Silly question (I'm no expert on any of this)... Will the cracks be filled in between the concrete slabs to make a smooth wall when they are done?

They will not be filled to any great degree and if they are it will be a shallow mortar type look. The original in London is made up of perfectly cut granite blocks and have similar divisions, although these are a bit more emphasized (more spaced) perhaps for themed emphasis.

And no, it isn't silly question at all.

Why do a lot of people think they are better experts then the ones hired by Universal.

Because is some cases, they are. May I remind everyone that the entire cliff work of Hogwarts Castle had to be COMPLETELY redone once the scaffolding came down. That mistake cost someone $200-$500 thousand dollars and definitely cost Uni a ton of time they did not have. And btw, that original cliff work was done by Nassal and looked like a bunch of 1st graders had done it.

So, I guess that rests my case... for now.

Ok then, let me re-phrase my statement.

'Why do a lot of people think they are better experts then the ones hired by Universal."

Oh yeah I forgot that Universal has no clue and are idiots they can't do anything... The entire HP 1.0 looks like a 1st grader did it. :bang:

if you :pop: hate universal go elsewhere to discuss your ideas for the theme park industry they are trying to do the best they can to make people happy. Whats your idea for a ride people who dont agree with you get hit by a train and end up in Hell.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K
Ok then, let me re-phrase my statement.

'Why do a lot of people think they are better experts then the ones hired by Universal."

Oh yeah I forgot that Universal has no clue and are idiots they can't do anything... The entire HP 1.0 looks like a 1st grader did it.
damn big guy calm down its just a them park forum

Status
Not open for further replies.