Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 196 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Transformers didn't move at the pace that this has in the past couple of days; its incredible. So exciting!

Any pictures of any of the 3 attractions, G.B, olivanders, and the H.E should be considered a spoiler. I don't want to ruin my experience.

Another OrlandoParksNews.com update with some good shots of the hollow back of Grimmauld plus a

j6774IVGbH5ky.JPG

Photo credit to Orlando Theme Parks News.

Ooooh... I see a trefoil (look it up) design element, repeated no less... that looks REEEAAAALLY familiar to me. I will have to show a member here why in pm. :wave: On another note, that black frame looks like an old style theatrical scenic flat (look it up). I wonder if that is its purpose design wise.

Oops.. after looking at it a bit more, that has nothing to do with theatrical scenery... that is a steel backstage door that has yet to be sheathed.

Last edited:
If my Potter knowledge is correct, the only stores in Hogsmeade that don't belong there are Wiseacre's (which they've now changed), Ollivanders (which JKR has said is an branch store and is supposed to be there), Pippin's Potions (which I doubt anyone would notice as it's a single window on the second story) and Potages.
Madam Malkins too

So, the desire for new pics on here has reached such a critical mass, that I went over to that magical pixie dust site to see what was going on in the Universal Orlando thread. I thought they could never sugar coat Universal and then shoot their pixie dust load all over it. It's impossible,... I thought.

But they are doing it. I sounded like a guy that had just stepped in dog sh*t after reading a few posts on there, curses included. I quickly returned here and looked to see if I missed anything and was satisfied being unsatisfied.

That interactive wand info though :died:

I'm not a fan of Sorcerer's of MK or Perry the Platypus, but I feel like this is something that I will be interested in. So much thought and detail going into this expansion!!!

I've been conversing with Ken (who wrote the CFTop5 article) and while I'm not 100% on all his details, it generally seems to line up with what I've been leaked previously. The operational crowd control issues this will create still boggle my mind...

I've been conversing with Ken (who wrote the CFTop5 article) and while I'm not 100% on all his details, it generally seems to line up with what I've been leaked previously. The operational crowd control issues this will create still boggle my mind...

Yeah, I see 50 people at once trying to vie for space with 1000 people to get to an element and make it do things at the same time as the 50 other people. It's like the current Ollivanders on hemp and cocaine. Diagon ain't Epcot.

Yeah, I see 50 people at once trying to vie for space with 1000 people to get to an element and make it do things at the same time as the 50 other people. It's like the current Ollivanders on hemp and cocaine. Diagon ain't Epcot.

I think the big difference between the ones in Epcot and MK is that this one will not be free. I think that will limit the number of people who do it. Not saying by much, but I don't see this being as insane as the Epcot and MK ones (which I see people with phones everywhere and lines at most of the MK stations) because of the cost. However I think more people will WANT to do this one. So it should be interesting how many kids are able to talk their parents in shelling out the money for an interactive wand.

I think the big difference between the ones in Epcot and MK is that this one will not be free. I think that will limit the number of people who do it. Not saying by much, but I don't see this being as insane as the Epcot and MK ones (which I see people with phones everywhere and lines at most of the MK stations) because of the cost. However I think more people will WANT to do this one. So it should be interesting how many kids are able to talk their parents in shelling out the money for an interactive wand.

I'm kind of surprised they're going to let every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there buy one of these wands. Sounds like a good investment for someone locally who could loan it out to a constant stream of friends for a small daily fee. It would make more sense if there were a limited number of wands being used on any particular day and only those with VIP tour access were allowed to use them, and only for the 1-hour period when they're touring that area of the park. If you oversell these things, you're more likely to simply piss customers off. But if you rent them out temporarily at a very high price as part of a tour package, then a tour guide has control of the wand and the timing. Then we'll see how many kids are able to talk their parents into shelling out some really big money for a V.I.P. Interactive Tour for a group. Charging $275 per person for a park-to-park ticket, priority access to Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, and Hogwarts Express, and a 4-hour VIP WWOHP tour and an interactive wand for each tour member would cut down on the number of wands in use at any particular moment while still bringing in a great deal of money overall.

Reactions: PourJudgment
I'm going to put out an even $59.95 price to start... We'll probably see increases to around $79.95 and $89.95 during the busier months. Get them early, kids!

Thanks everyone for the pics and updates! :thumbs: I don't think I could be more anxious and excited for this project, but I just keep getting more and more pumped with every day that goes by!

I gotta admit, my Madam Puddifoot's dreams are crushed. I should be pleased that it's at least getting featured in a facade, but I can only think that this nod will, to me, be a permanent tease that the real deal will never happen. This spoiled fan is bummed :-(

The interactivity element has always boggled my mind and still stumps me to this day. I just think the potential popularity of something like this will far surpass what these two areas will be able to handle crowd-wise. I hope it's as controlled and smooth as possible.

Keep it coming guys! And kudos to Universal, WB and the whole team for putting forth such amazing work, which is stunning even as it stands now unfinished! I cannot wait to step foot in there!!!

Staffing, queues, narrow Diagon Alley, crowds trying to move along the thoroughfare. Sounds like a clusterf!#@. Maybe if they rent the wands and limit the number circuiting at any one time.

And the whole "go to the end of the line if your spell doesn't work the first time" sounds like an operational nightmare, unless Universal's looking to piss off as many guests as possible.

Reactions: Magistra
I'm still not sold on the interactive wand thing actually happening.

We were all sure it was going to open with Phase 1, too.

Maybe in a few years, but I dunno how they're going to make that work this year.

I'm still not sold on the interactive wand thing actually happening.

We were all sure it was going to open with Phase 1, too.

Maybe in a few years, but I dunno how they're going to make that work this year.

I could see it happen in a Ministry of Magic type experience if the FFL replacement rumors are true

Status
Not open for further replies.