Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 278 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I said what I know because I thought you all would find it helpful, not to start some debate or argue credibility. Living in Orlando for as long as I have and having kids in elementary, middle, and high school here, I know plenty of people who know what theyre talking about. I happen to know 100% that Harry Potter TMs are NOT trained yet and will not be until next week at the earliest (training, mind you, not mock service). As with anything on the Internet, take this with a grain of salt and believe what you want, Im just offering more info to the pot :thumbs:

And I wasn't denying your credibility. I was simply suggesting that you go back and check with your sources as things may have changed. I happen to know this is not the first time mock service was scheduled, and I'm sure some aspect of the planned schedule will change again. Like The_Bled and Quint I'm hearing that mock service is lining up for next week and it's fact that TMs have to be trained before mock service.

The The_Bled originally said mock service next week, and you said merch doesn't start until the week after that. Now your saying they will train next week at the earliest. That change makes all the difference in the world. They can train early next week and do mock service as well.

Tumblr_ls5c1s1zVN1qbm32lo1_r1_250.gif

Does anyone know (I apologize if it has been answered already) if the large Weasley will be an animated figure like the movie?

The interactive WWOHP site shows it as an unanimated figure. But, it could be inaccurate. I would guess that it most likely will move.

Go to the Diagon Alley section of the site, and after the intro, on the bottom right hand corner put your mouse over the map that says "explore" and click flying tour

Awe... they shortened the bunny's ears so they didn't have to pull off the floppy unfolding ears. I had never watched this before.

So, will the bunny descend into the head or become grabbed and hidden by the Hat? Probably the former. What fun.

Look, I said what I know because I thought you all would find it helpful, not to start some debate or argue credibility. Living in Orlando for as long as I have and having kids in elementary, middle, and high school here, I know plenty of people who know what theyre talking about. I happen to know 100% that Harry Potter TMs are NOT trained yet and will not be until next week at the earliest (training, mind you, not mock service). As with anything on the Internet, take this with a grain of salt and believe what you want, Im just offering more info to the pot :thumbs:

We are trained. NEW hires start later.

Great pics, testtrack321.

I'm so excited to see that the balcony doors (and entrance doors) of Wyndham have been given a stained wood finish, true to the original building. I was starting to worry they wouldn't.

I had a feeling most TM's would be trained at this point. Personally I feel like the best thing they could do would be to not put any new hires into Diagon Alley at least for the first few weeks. A new hire that just started working is going to become really stressed and overwhelmed during the Grand Opening madness. If I was managing the Grand Opening operations, my goal would be to have as many of the Phase 1 opening staff working the Phase 2 opening. They know what to expect and will be able to handle it. Then I would start picking TM's that have been on staff for other grand opening weeks. The last thing I am going to want to do is hire a ton of new people and throw them into the biggest land opening for any theme park in the past two years. This opening needs to be flawless and having a bunch of new hires will cause some issues.

I would (and it seems they have) hired a bunch of new staff. It also appears that these new TM's have been working other locations while Diagon is getting ready to open. What if they are training them in these other locations so they will be able to run those locations while the current staff shifts to Diagon to get that up and running. Sure they might be getting hired to work in Diagon, but I highly doubt they have given them a start date for Diagon work. Let more experienced TM's handle the madness and then slowly shift the new hires into the land.

A lot of yet-to-be trainees were hired all the way back in January, and arent even familiar with your guys' new register program, let alone the area. Apparently a few from all the way back in January havent even had HP orientation yet.

Im going to go ahead and assume there must be enough people to run the area...but you need extra employees than simply who can run the place minimally to ensure people get off-days, can handle extreme crowds, etc. So ok, they have TMs ready. But not 100% of them, new or not.

A lot of yet-to-be trainees were hired all the way back in January, and arent even familiar with your guys' new register program, let alone the area. Apparently a few from all the way back in January havent even had HP orientation yet.

Im going to go ahead and assume there must be enough people to run the area...but you need extra employees than simply who can run the place minimally to ensure people get off-days, can handle extreme crowds, etc. So ok, they have TMs ready. But not 100% of them, new or not.

Your assumption is correct. Even some of the transfer TM (and those in higher roles) are not even trained for the area yet. Some of the trainees were lucky enough to work in other locations while others are just being thrown into Diagon.

Reactions: TylerDurden
Appears walls might be down soon. Very clean looking. From @MickeyExtreme

Thanks for posting! The area is looking better and better! The last minute details, window dressing, new signs, lamps uncovered, etc... it's all so near now! I think all that's missing in London are the speaker covers, the fountain benches and finishing the paint on the fence/railings and the bottom part of Wyndham's! This could all be done by the end of the week! I'm so excited!!! :cheers:

I am really curious about the wall situation... Will the walls come down before Grand Opening? Or for soft openings? Or maybe even before either of those? It's not like you can't already see the humongous buildings :p But we also gotta consider that without these over-the-wall shots we wouldn't have seen a lot of the details, so... :shrug: I think it all depends on how much they care reveal to the regular guests. I don't think it has anything to do with access, because they can still restrict the guest access to the area without the walls (they have the fence that goes all around). The only other thing could be a factor is guests not seeing walls and thinking the area is open, and that causing some confusion, but the complainers will complain whether there's a wall or a fence, so I wouldn't worry about that aspect much. Anyways, my hope is the walls will come down ASAP! :thumbs:

I don't know if this has been mentioned as of yet, but will Ollivanders continue to employ only male wand makers? :look:

They have to hire so many acting pros, that it has caused me to wonder...

Cheeky. You know very well Garrick does not discriminate when it comes to employment. Expect to see some lovely witches apparating soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.