Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no Harry Potter expert, but if we're going to a "moment in time" of a new storyline, maybe the Hogwarts Express or Gringott's attraction will explain why the dragon is there?

Or I could be totally wrong and I also will leave it up to JK Rowling's expertise

The dragon isn't there for the hardcore potter fans, it's for the masses that will flip out when they see it. Funny thing is that this is supposed to be the "family" ride, yet the dragon makes the entrance look more intimidating.

Still, I think as a piece of theme park entrance props...it looks pretty damn amazing.

Certainly could kick the #DisneyDragon's butt!

Speaking of flying dragons, it looks like Pixels at the Parks should have an aerial update later...

Last edited:
They're wasting no time with erecting scaffolding to get him finished.

From @bioreconstruct
BoblqMICIAABPda.jpg:large

i know this has been discussed before but who id doing the construction of dragon alley and who is doing gringots? and for that matter who installs the dragon? Thanks!!!!:thumbs:

In terms of seeing the dragon outside of Diagon Alley; that follows the narrative of the dragon in the movie. It breaks out of Gringotts and flies over London, walking across rooftops so would be seen outside of Diagon Alley. In the world of Harry Potter if something went above the skyline in Diagon Alley it would be seen by muggles. Diagon Alley isn't like Hogwarts which can't be seen by Muggles but we seem to have accepted that in IOA.

Reactions: Thor
In terms of seeing the dragon outside of Diagon Alley; that follows the narrative of the dragon in the movie. It breaks out of Gringotts and flies over London, walking across rooftops so would be seen outside of Diagon Alley. In the world of Harry Potter if something went above the skyline in Diagon Alley it would be seen by muggles. Diagon Alley isn't like Hogwarts which can't be seen by Muggles but we seem to have accepted that in IOA.

This^

It makes complete sense.

I was there today - the Dragon was only above the rooftops for about 5 minutes. I'm so glad I spotted it and pointed it out to the people around me. I asked around afterward and many people completely missed it!

Imagine that little beasty with a 30' flame coming out it's mouth!

Oh my! So much for "family friendly".

There was a guy over at the "MAGICAL" site that was complaining that the 7DMT was to intense because there is the witch at the end. I'm pretty sure the 60' flame throwing dragon and the 9 surly goblins are gonna spell disaster where the sensitive Disney crowd is concerned.

Haha, but they have become the "Toddler Kingdom of Princess M&Gs". The entire concept of Universal gives them palpitations. Betty is bad for Disney fans.

[HASHTAG]#BettyIsBad[/HASHTAG]

Last edited:
Reactions: Thor
I just talked to some team members who said that the dragon is really scary looking when you get close...this thing will scare the tar out of the tots!

Status
Not open for further replies.