Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ SWEET! Tons of spoilers in there. The window imagery in the HE looks lifelike. Too bad the DA entrance doesn't have moving bricks, but I can live with that. The Leaky Cauldron looks awesome.

There were some spoilers in that Amazing video. I thought it was too short and should have been longer. In looking at the video it does answer a lot of questions we had.
I cant wait for soft my boss actually said I can have the day off and drive up there as long as I can prove I actually went ( he's also a very big harry potter fan because he has 7 kids)

And from what I have heard... that may be a problem. Let's wait and see what a certain member here tells us regarding the potential issue.

The inaccessible upper floors were an issue during a certain someone's walkthrough. Still waiting on operational details but I'm told they are working towards having limited capacity for the second floor. Stelter Creative is redressing thousands of wand boxes at Ollivanders that did not meet expectations. Not sure when it will happen, but still hearing Gringott's faux marble columns will have paint replacing the decals.

On another note, wing #2 has been transported to the site and is sitting with the crane behind Platform 9 3/4.

Is it just me or why isn't there much attention on that the brick wall will just be Poof open and no effects as that's what It looks right now.. I might be wrong and there

will be a mist effect but from the looks it doesn't really seem to be a effect. I might just be picky of that but its just kinda something that ruins a welcome. :inquisitive:

Great to see all those teaser pictures from today! So exciting! We're so close! :cheers:

Thanks for the video, OULeaker! That did have some spoilers, but as with the pictures from today, very calculated angles showing only certain things. I can't wait to be in there and see every detail for myself!

The inaccessible upper floors were an issue during a certain someone's walkthrough. Still waiting on operational details but I'm told they are working towards having limited capacity for the second floor. Stelter Creative is redressing thousands of wand boxes at Ollivanders that did not meet expectations. Not sure when it will happen, but still hearing Gringott's faux marble columns will have paint replacing the decals.

On another note, wing #2 has been transported to the site and is sitting with the crane behind Platform 9 3/4.

Thanks for the update! Always very much appreciated! :thumbs:

Great video. I like how the sound was edited to avoid some talking, could have been telling them about something they don't want us to know about yet!

From that video, you can tell that the train will go in reverse out of the Hogsmead station because there is nowhere else for the train to go. How does that make any sense?

For them to have built a system that allows turntables etc it would. Not have only have cost an extortionate amount of money, it would have also extended the ride turnaround which they can't afford to do

As said above, trains reverse all the time. From memory in the movies, there is nowhere for the train to turn around either

Trains move backwards all the time... It's not uncommon.

I have never seen the HE train travel backwards in the films. I just think it looks weird and isn't right.

I dont want turntables. I would've just liked for the Hogsmead station to not just have a wall right in front of the train.

I have never seen the HE train travel backwards in the films. I just think it looks weird and isn't right.

I dont want turntables. I would've just liked for the Hogsmead station to not just have a wall right in front of the train.

The only way to do it would be to have a loco at each end, which would cost moolar and would also look daft! Lol

I think we are sometimes forgetting that it is a Theme Park and that some things just are not possible

This train direction argument is kind of pointless. I would say that, given Hogsmeade is the end of the line, anyone who sees the train arrive would naturally assume that it will leave in the opposite direction. The engine could easily change ends once we are on board; it would look more foolish if it carried on the same way. And besides, did no one notice how flippin' exciting that looked as the train arrived?! Drifitng in under the bridge, with steam billowing, and then coming into view as it enters the platform? People will be so damn excited that the Hogwarts Express is arriving for them, and in such dramatic fashion, that I doubt the direction would bother them even if it made no sense. Which it does.

The steam effect on this is incredible as well. I've seen many attempts at fake steam like this and none ever capture the fluid motion and dynamics of the particles correctly, but this is almost perfect.

On a slightly less impressed note, this uncropped photo (posted by Harry Potter rather than UOR on Facebook) shows just how close DC gets to the platform.

10448801_10152461785139313_8436008114992980853_n.jpg

Last edited:

Really hoping for 2nd floor access. I always thought they should sell empty wand boxes so you could recreate a shelf from Olivanders. Yes, I have a shelf that would be perfect.

Nah... you won't be able to hear the DC coasters going by.... won't even notice them... you will be totally transported to a woodland train station in the foothills of Scotland. No amusement park here guys.... move along.... yeeesh :look:

Nah... you won't be able to hear the DC coasters going by.... won't even notice them... you will be totally transported to a woodland train station in the foothills of Scotland. No amusement park here guys.... move along.... yeeesh :look:

I'm secretly hoping HTF's "polarizing" news is the removal of the coaster. Put the Forbidden Forest in its place. Then replace the forest part of FJ with something that flows better between the dragon and the willow. There, I've fixed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.