Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 366 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal posted this on their FB page 4 minutes ago... "We have not yet announced the official grand opening date for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Diagon Alley. We promise to tell you as soon as we can. Incorrect information was wrongfully circulated today and we wanted you to know it’s not true. We’re sorry for any inconvenience."

e3d8c65fe19603b34a9fc56874eaefcf.png

:(

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Yeah, they wouldn't change the opening date over a leak. But I have to wonder whether it will be opening after the 30th or before that time... I don't think they want to wait too much longer than the 30th...

I mean, how much trust should we put in Universal's denial? Or the .swf file for that matter?

I don't doubt the June 30th date, but it strikes me as bizarre that it'll be twelve days from red carpet event to official opening. Ugh.

Well that combined with the fact that many people would be very annoyed if Universal said "It's totally not opening on this day" and later announce "Yes, it actually is opening this day"... People might feel like they'd been lied to... I just don't believe they'd say that and then backtrack, it just doesn't look good for PR...

I don't know how Universal's social media is run, but it's possible whoever's in charge was just told to deny it and they rolled with it. Especially if they're under the same marketing department that put that ad up prematurely - it might be a C.Y.A. situation.

I wouldn't be surprised if now they try to push to open it sooner so they can be like..haha you seeeeeee...it was wrong information. :lol:

There's lots of possibilities, but if it's not the 30th it'd be earlier. That's my hope. Plus, this date was hard coded into the flash file and HTML.

Doesn't take much to say it was just a test file they made and fixed it pretty fast since its as simple as a key stroke and an export to fix the file.

Wow, this is getting weird. But I guess they do have to deny it, or else tons of angry people might show up on the 30th. It was probably good for them to nip it in the bud quickly before that date gets widely rumored.

Status
Not open for further replies.