Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 367 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have very well been an error, and our article did state it's not official until they say so.

But the speculation was based off of something that came from their website. It was their boo-boo.

It could have very well been an error, and our article did state it's not official until they say so.

But the speculation was based off of something that came from their website. It was their boo-boo.

Yeah. I think what put me off of the denial is the "being circulated" bit, as though we pulled this out of the sky. It would feel more credible if they acknowledged and explained why the date was on their website.

Yeah FJ ****s all over the series because it doesn't abide by everything in continuity. Just like Star Tours **** all over Star Wars by not having Luke blow up the Death Star/having the Star Speeder there. And MIB ***s all over the series because anyone can join. And Splash Mountain ****s on Song of the South because the briar patch is turned into a water-filled mountain.

It's a ride. Grow up Peter Pan. Count Chocula.

[video=youtube_share;H5_bIiWR0nM]http://youtu.be/H5_bIiWR0nM[/video]

Last edited:
Apparently changes may be coming to the interactive 3D walkthrough section of Universal Orlando's site, its down for maintenance right now. Maybe they'll add Carkit Market...?

I Lied, its open with no noticable changes.

Last edited:
Soooo what's new in the world of Potter today? :lol:

Lol..
I'm in the group that believes this may have been a planned pr stunt... The idea being that they post the 30th, take it down, deny it, then open up earlier than the 30th and everyone loves them.

Oh.. And the dome is up

I'm in the group hoping that's the case... Seriously, I was thinking I was golden, last day the media is there and everything, I figured being there that Friday and Saturday would be fool proof... Ah well, we'll see!

Lol..
I'm in the group that believes this may have been a planned pr stunt... The idea being that they post the 30th, take it down, deny it, then open up earlier than the 30th and everyone loves them.

Oh.. And the dome is up

I think the webmaster just guessed .He needed to mock up a page and picked a date.When he gets the actual date it is quicker to change than to start over from scratch.

It was not posted it was a hidden file not available to General public.
If it were posted and pulled I might agree it was a PR stunt.

I think the webmaster just guessed .He needed to mock up a page and picked a date.When he gets the actual date it is quicker to change than to start over from scratch.

It was not posted it was a hidden file not available to General public.
If it were posted and pulled I might agree it was a PR stunt.

Then how were people who visited the web page seeing it? Sorry I'm computer literate but not THAT computer literate so I don't mean that in a snarky way

Then how were people who visited the web page seeing it? Sorry I'm computer literate but not THAT computer literate so I don't mean that in a snarky way

The file is on the server, but it's not referenced on the site. The question is how did the URL leak?

Edit: Sorry that is the file used on the homepage of UniversalOrlando.com though the links don't work.

Last edited:
deciding whether to go july 2nd-3rd, on site. What time would I have to arrive at in order to be one of the first in line for the early opening, 90 minutes before early opening? (for those staying on site)

As far as I know it was only live if you have/had the URL(i was on and looking @ the time)
not accessible from universal site.

Since the name was hptakeover I would guess it is not supposed to go live until announced.

Developer might have sent it out to Universal Distribution list to get feedback on how it looks.

As far as I know it was only live if you have/had the URL(i was on and looking @ the time)
not accessible from universal site.

Since the name was hptakeover I would guess it is not supposed to go live until announced.

Developer might have sent it out to Universal Distribution list to get feedback on how it looks.

I spoke too soon earlier, it is on the homepage... https://www.universalorlando.com/Potter-Homepage-Replay.aspx

Also a takeover on a website is an ad that covers the screen.

Last edited:
deciding whether to go july 2nd-3rd, on site. What time would I have to arrive at in order to be one of the first in line for the early opening, 90 minutes before early opening? (for those staying on site)

Bump due to I need to make a decision to get a hotel on site ASAP

:)

Bump due to I need to make a decision to get a hotel on site ASAP

:)

I'm not sure how 90 minutes before early open would help you much more than 30 minutes before, as in be at the gate at 7:30 for the 8-9 early opening. There's only a finite number of people in the hotels.

Universal has said information on TM previews will be coming soon. Reports here say people are schedule this weekend in DA, I assume this will be for TM previews. Then VIP previews, then soft openings.

June 30th seems awfully late, considering the press preview is next week. They must be running into issues with Gringotts or something else for it to be delayed so late.

Orlando Local 6 has aerial shot of the dragon with dome in place.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/local-6-theme-world-potter-opening-date-mystery/26481734

dragon2-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.