Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 386 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a break at Cabana Bay before tonight's red carpet. I've been told HE & Gringotts should probably be open for media tonight, and almost definitely tomorrow.

Taking a break at Cabana Bay before tonight's red carpet. I've been told HE & Gringotts should probably be open for media tonight, and almost definitely tomorrow.

Enjoy it for all of us, Seth! I'm insanely jealous, but at least I can count on your in-depth review so I can enjoy it vicariously through you until softs! :cheers:

So, i gotta know - Did @KatyChemical ride the HE or not??

Yup! It looks like she got to walk through the Gringotts queue too. Here are some of her tweets:

"Hogwarts Express was good, it is essentially a train with a movie each way and some minor vibrations"
"There are silhouettes of main characters in hallways. Hermiones voice was way off (clearly not Emma) only complaint"
"Dementor was also a silhouette on left, no temp changes they I noticed"

She also has some pictures worth checking out: https://twitter.com/KatyChemical/with_replies

"Hogwarts Express was good, it is essentially a train with a movie each way and some minor vibrations"

Is it just me or does she seem a bit underwhelmed by her Hogwarts Express experience?

Never said it wasn't behind, but please continue to be an ass.

I said the ride was not "falling further and further behind" because it wasn't at the time that was being spread

I'm not sure you really want to play this game. Everyone kept insisting they wouldn't have Diagon Alley without Gringotts... and here we are. It's not there for the big flashy media preview with the Today Show contest winners. It may be up tonight or tomorrow - maybe. But the fact it isn't ready right now is telling.

It is and was falling further and further behind, which is not surprising because it's using an all-new ride system. That isn't a slight on Universal, it's the reality of working with new technologies. But that's the objective truth here, along with you bashing sources who were honestly offering what they'd heard.

Is it just me or does she seem a bit underwhelmed by her Hogwarts Express experience?

Obviously. But that's essentially what it is. :lol:

Did anyone else really think the train would be any different? I mean its on a wire cable system, you can't expect disaster like movement.

As long as there's a great enough sound system and speakers on there and it feels REAL enough, thats all I care for.

I was sort of hoping we'd experience some chill factor with the dementors... I wonder why they didn't use Emma for the train (or maybe they did but it got distorted on this trip for some reason)... Other than that, I just expect the screens to look cool, didn't expect a lot of movement...

Aaand now that Universal is finally getting their s**t together... LeakyCon can announce its event soon! They just tweeted this picture:

Xe6yr0x.png

I believe they opened the event up to everyone at some point last time around. I might be misremembering. Will anybody else be going?

None of the big 3 lended themselves for this at all, so unless it was a line that was in the movies, then they had to use a voice actress for it.

UO is paying them royalties for FJ, and didn't want to pay royalties for just a simple line or two on the train.

Speaking of which, I wonder how they pull off the shadow effect while the train is in motion.

I'm not sure you really want to play this game. Everyone kept insisting they wouldn't have Diagon Alley without Gringotts... and here we are. It's not there for the big flashy media preview with the Today Show contest winners. It may be up tonight or tomorrow - maybe. But the fact it isn't ready right now is telling.

It is and was falling further and further behind, which is not surprising because it's using an all-new ride system. That isn't a slight on Universal, it's the reality of working with new technologies. But that's the objective truth here, along with you bashing sources who were honestly offering what they'd heard.

It is new tech but the building has been up with track in the building for over a year.
I would have thought they would have this running way before now.
The problem(s) must have been quite major.

Will be interesting to read the reviews as the come in over the next 24 hours. I'm sure (hopeful!) that most will be more enthusiastic than this "first" review.

But I'm sure Universal's PR team is ready for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.