Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You thought the FJ had an amazing queue huh, just wait until you see this thing.

^ This one sentence makes me soooooo happy! Is it Summer yet?!

As for the Diagon Alley map 10, 11 and 12 seem to be the only spots left for stores and eateries. We know that Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions and Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour are two of them. So what's the mystery location or did I miss one?

HTF, so awesome! Thanks so much. I'm having a hard time visualizing and even wrapping my head around the prospect of 50ft ceilings! It's going to be mind-blowing.

Should we expect the teller counters in the Marble Hall to be fully staffed with AA's? An approximate number?

So, I take it that the live actors in the queue is what you intended as "something that hasn't been done before" in a queue?

How long ago was it that we all saw the desks and windows in the great hall being fabricated? This project seems so years old prefabbed.

Thank you so much HTF for these great updates today! Wow! So exciting and so much to look forward to. Can't wait to start seeing some actual photos from inside!

Ok fine, here I am! I'm one of the lurkers! :shifty: Have been following for a few months now and am SO excited for this project. Also very appreciative for all the contributors! :hail: I live all the way in Australia, so this is the closest I will get until my next trip to the USA is feasible (most likely not until 2016). Thank you to OU for this amazing thread. Literally makes me feel like a child on Christmas morning every time there are some new photos or blueprints! :dance:

:welcome: Great to see more people stepping out of the shadows!

Who else is excited out there?! :cheers:

So, I take it that the live actors in the queue is what you intended as "something that hasn't been done before" in a queue?

I don't know, I've guessed it's a photo-op, but HTF has not confirmed or denied, so I'm really curious to find out what this special thing is in the queue. As if the queue didn't sound amazing enough!

All right, I'll come out of the shadows as well. I've never actually introduced myself, so. I'm ravenclawesome. Harry Potter is quite literally my life. And yeah. So anyway.
Thanks for the thing, HTF! It's certainly made me way more excited for Gringotts! :happy: The Security Office scene sounds really intriguing! I wonder what the projection could be of? And I'm curious to see what the falling effect is in Bill's office. Maybe it'll rain some Knuts? :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks HTF for all the insiders info. I am very excited for the most anticipated project in Orlando. I think this forum will keep growing as the best Universal Orlando site.

This should finally put Indy's queue to shame and take the throne for top queue anywhere! Thanks for the amazing info HTF. I need to get on with planning my trip already... OU rocks!!

Thank you so much HTF, great information and it even made me more exited to visit this ride.
Just a few questions.
1) The seat check, is it for fat people (like HPATFJ) or is it a length thing? (I'm sure I fit but I was just wondering).
2) Will people who don't want/can do the ride tour the queue (like HPATFJ)?
3) Will there be an elevator for people who can't do the circler stairs?

Scene 7B: The Lifts, your divided between 2 highly themed yet motionless lifts that transport u from "offices" to rock engulfed vaults

Now wait. I just reread this. If the doors close on one room and then open to reveal another, then the lift must move to some degree. Might we assume imperceptible rotation? Hopefully not a PF lifting of the vestibule room...

Now wait. I just reread this. If the doors close on one room and then open to reveal another, then the lift must move to some degree. Might we assume imperceptible rotation? Hopefully not a PF lifting of the vestibule room...

The way I imagine it is similar to an attraction we have at alton towers, Nemesis Sub Terra. You step into the lift at ground level, the lift shakes a little and lights in the door way help simulate movement. You then exit the lift at the opposite side of which you entered, when you do exit you are now a few floors down in the caves.

Also I am thinking the lifts will take some time to load and unload and this is where the actors come into play, some how causing a hold up (show room)to make time for the next batch of people to enter the lifts.

Great stuff HTF, you got the thread flowing again :thumbs:. Hello to the noobs and lurkers, be great to see some more of you came and say hi :welcome:

Looking forward to the next installment, these next few months should show up some really interesting stuff.

Oh and just as a quick after thought, are the wand interactions still in the plan and if so will they be site wide? Im thinking some like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or agents Ps at Epcot???

Last edited:
Yeah the lifts sound exactly like the MIB elevator. Possibly someone to guide everyone in like MIB but hopefully someone to help guide you at the exit too. The mad dash that often occurs after leaving the elevator at MIB can be kind of a hassle and would be scary with HP level crowds

The way I imagine it is similar to an attraction we have at alton towers, Nemesis Sub Terra. You step into the lift at ground level, the lift shakes a little and lights in the door way help simulate movement. You then exit the lift at the opposite side of which you entered, when you do exit you are now a few floors down in the caves.

While you may be right, if this is their solution then they get the big YUCK from me. I would have expected grand wizarding magic and not some two-way hospital elevator that we all have to turn around in.

Status
Not open for further replies.