Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 80 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, I'll come out of the shadows as well. I've never actually introduced myself, so. I'm ravenclawesome. Harry Potter is quite literally my life. And yeah. So anyway.
Thanks for the thing, HTF! It's certainly made me way more excited for Gringotts! :happy: The Security Office scene sounds really intriguing! I wonder what the projection could be of? And I'm curious to see what the falling effect is in Bill's office. Maybe it'll rain some Knuts? :lol:
Ravenclawesome is the best screen name I've ever seen:thumbs:

Thank you for the new info HTF. I will be back there in June for work but am going to stay the hell away from Uni this gal doesn't want to get trampled. Hopefully work has me back out there later in the year.

Thanks Hatetofly!
SO Universal casting is looking for actors who can do English and Carribean accents for Diagon Alley... Carribean.....??

Thought: perhaps the shrunken heads in the Knight Bus will interact with guests like the Mystic Fountain.

Bingo! The shrunken heads will be interactive and talk to guests passing by. The sheer amount of interactive content throughout this expansion rivals entire parks.

Reactions: Skubersky
Must be at least 18 years of age to audition and be able to provide proof of eligibility to work within the United States. Additional restrictions may apply.

Actors - Saturday, January 25th and Sunday, January 26th - Universal Orlando® is seeking Male and Female Actors to bring Harry Potter's world to life for our guests as they continue the journey from Hogsmead™ to Diagon Alley™. Use your best British dialect as you interact with guests exploring two amazing theme park experiences that combine into one complete magical journey! Please prepare a one-minute monologue in a British or Caribbean accent. Select candidates may be requested to attend a required callback on Tuesday, January 28th.

Caribbean is may be near of British accent

Do they will cast dwarf for Gringotts ?

So, the queue for Ollivanders starts next to flourish and across from Weasleys and then wraps around the back of the building (gringott's side) and then around to the left towards the corner of the building across from Gringotts grand facade? What I am getting at is keeping the queue out of Diagon Alley. Yeesh, where are they going to put the queue for Weasleys?

They must be biting their nails wondering what it might be that they underestimated.

So, the queue for Ollivanders starts next to flourish and across from Weasleys and then wraps around the back of the building (gringott's side) and then around to the left towards the corner of the building across from Gringotts grand facade? What I am getting at is keeping the queue out of Diagon Alley. Yeesh, where are they going to put the queue for Weasleys?

They must be biting their nails wondering what it might be that they underestimated.

Teebs, I'll do you one better explaining the queue, give me a few.

Glad all 7 people enjoyed it!

I enjoyed it too! And I'm waiting for the rest of the numbers on the map to be labelled.

It's odd to be excited for things like the grand hall because you can watch the movies to see exactly what it will look like, but at the same time I'm sooooo eager to see it! How many goblins are going to be in there stamping things and counting coins and glaring at us through square rimmed glasses? Wouldn't it have been easier to fill that room with live actors playing goblins?

What is the real purpose of the "elevator" if it doesnt actually move? Is it just to help space people apart for line control? Just seems like it would cause the lines to move slower. It's not like BTTF where there are multiple cars. It's all the same track.

From what it sounded like they wanted a better way to tell the story than the FJ queue was able to do. I'm thinking something along the lines of Haunted Mansion or Tower of Terror with heavy story telling rather than the MIB we're on the elevator spiel.

I enjoyed it too! And I'm waiting for the rest of the numbers on the map to be labelled.

It's odd to be excited for things like the grand hall because you can watch the movies to see exactly what it will look like, but at the same time I'm sooooo eager to see it! How many goblins are going to be in there stamping things and counting coins and glaring at us through square rimmed glasses? Wouldn't it have been easier to fill that room with live actors playing goblins?

The issue with love actors is $$$$. Love actors cost more than AA at leastore consistently. While AA will no doubt require maintenance from time to time, paying multiple actors to work daily would seem to be more costly over the long term

I have a question after just reading a fully detailed description of gringotts from orlando informer.... According to them the plot involves Harry, Ron, and hermoine, as well as voldemort and bellatrix.... Didn't Daniel Radcliffe deny filming anything or being associated with this current expansion? If that's true then how is universal pulling this off? Haha

I don't think we know the story of the Gringott's ride yet (though I guess Voldemort is in it), but it sounds just from the queue like it has a more cohesive story than Forbidden Journey. (Not that that would be hard. I love FJ but it's not a ride to enjoy if you want to be part of a single narrative, it's more of a "kitchen sink" ride for Harry Potter: quidditch! dragons! dementors! spiders! floo powder! Hogwarts! Chamber of Secrets! Whomping Willow! It's everything all at once!)

With the lift rooms at least there is a built-in way to control your progression through the queue, hopefully ensuring bits of story can be told to you at the right time.

Unlike FJ, the Gringott's ride can't constantly be in motion, so this makes sense.

The most revealing part of which to me is that Harry is indeed involved in the plot

Which, if true, doesn't so much happen outside the stories as opposed to revisionist history during the stories. Not sure how I feel about that but guess it is the best way to "ride the movies"

Having Harry be part of the story was, in all honesty, just a guess. I'm assuming that Universal can simply take footage from the films -- hey, they're already in 3D -- and splice him in that way, if they must.

And, yeah, I fully expect this to be revisionist history, as you say, SGT623, and also a different time period than in the rest of Diagon Alley.

But I guess we'll see, yah? =)

- - - Updated - - -

So, will they have a more original name for this ride such as "Hermione Granger and the Pursuit of the Horcrux". Go ahead and make some up for us to enjoy and ponder.

From what I've been told, there's no official name beyond just Gringotts Bank.

Who knows, though?

Status
Not open for further replies.