Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things here:
1) Remember how the duct work in the windows were exposed in Leicester? Well, they've added a partition between the ducts and windows.

2) Someone made a design mistake with the Leicester molding (?) and Wyndhams sign running into each other.

Too funny, I have been wondering why that woodwork wasn't getting covered with the cornice shell. Are you sure that isn't merely the angle of the photo?

Following up. The video of the three art guys talking about the creation of Phase 1, especially the prop guy were really shoveling poop. While they the may have created the few props they showed pics of, a large amount of the notable props were created by other companies. The largest prop of all, the train, wasn't even made in Florida!

So, take their words with a WDI grain of promotional salt and a dash of truthiness.

Last edited:
Too funny, I have been wondering why that woodwork wasn't getting covered with the cornice shell. Are you sure that isn't merely the angle of the photo?

Ah, "cornice shell", I knew you'd know the proper name.

Every angle I've seen has the cornice blocking the letter "N". I'm not sure if the two hit, but it will look silly or obstruct the letter "N". Look how much it extends on the left side of Leicester.

don't know if this was discussed before but just went to get the mail and received my annual pass holder passport which included a section on harry potter. whats interesting though is they included three coins from gringots bank. could this be what the suppose wizard currency looks like instead of paper currency like was discussed in the podcast? i included a scan. enjoy

Robert Niles of Theme Park Insider posted a scene by scene description of Escape From Gringotts:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201402/3868/

It's disappointing to hear that they're apparently again re-using the simulated free fall gag from both Spider-Man and Transformers, and the lack of substantial AAs within the ride itself still stings, but other than that, it sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun.

By the way, I haven't ever really made my presence known on these boards, but I've been following them for the last few years!

Ah, "cornice shell", I knew you'd know the proper name.

Every angle I've seen has the cornice blocking the letter "N". I'm not sure if the two hit, but it will look silly or obstruct the letter "N". Look how much it extends on the left side of Leicester.

Yeah, I was looking at the latest pictures a week ago and wondered why the Wyndham wasn't designed to jut beyond both buildings on either side.

Reactions: natespf
The ride sounds fun but I almost feel more excited about the queue. I really don't like simulators or 3d. Hopefully it has substantially more sets than Transformers though, That ride was disappointment. I won't judge ye though. Sounds a good bit like the mummy and I love the mummy. All these projections worry me though

Robert Niles of Theme Park Insider posted a scene by scene description of Escape From Gringotts:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201402/3868/

Spoilers, highlight to see:

I guess I don't see how there can be a 70-80 foot drop when there's no lift before the drop, guests enter the building at ground level, and only ascend pre-ride via a spiral staircase? Is the staircase going to get guests up to 80-90 feet? No way it's that tall.

Hmmmmmm

Last edited:
They could possibly be using a LIM launch or something similar to accelerate the vehicles to that height before the drop, just like mummy. I kind of hope not because they would be mimicking that element.

They could possibly be using a LIM launch or something similar to accelerate the vehicles to that height before the drop, just like mummy. I kind of hope not because they would be mimicking that element.

SPOILERS. Highlight to read.

On the last podcast, HTF said that there's only one launch and it's not LIM. Plus, it's much later in the ride.

Last edited:
Spoilers, highlight to see:

I guess I don't see how there can be a 70-80 foot drop when there's no lift before the drop, guests enter the building at ground level, and only ascend pre-ride via a spiral staircase? Is the staircase going to get guests up to 80-90 feet? No way it's that tall.

Hmmmmmm

Spoiler response - Highlight.
I would say that in the multiple rooms of queues, that it would be easy to have ramps where you ascended 10+ feet per room. Think about the greenhouse queue on FJ. That one area you probably ascend 10-15 foot and never have to go up any steps. If there are 6 pre loading rooms that could easily mean 60+ foot. That would mean the staircase would only need to be in the 10-20 foot range if that.

End

Done. I sent it to Brian.

Thanks.

Spoilers: A drop that massive would also conflict with HTF saying that Gringotts will be less physically intense than Mummy. Isn't Mummy's biggest drop only about 40 feet? This would be double that.

Next OU Radio should be interesting.

This could be an overly simplified way of explaining the overall elevation change in the track, and maybe not the actual drop section.

Status
Not open for further replies.