Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 280 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean they're not planning on soft openings even for hotel guests until the end of June??

I would hesitate to buy the package, because I'm already a passholder so I don't need the tickets.

The HUGE benefit to purchasing the package is that even if DA is not open for regular guests yet, they'll honor the terms of the package and admit the package guests.

Does anybody remember last time they did this package if the start date of the package was the same day as Grand Opening?

I am still holding onto the fact that Universal would not invite as much press as they have if they were not planning on doing a grand opening. So that would mean the package starts roughly 10 days after the day I think Grand Opening will happen. If last time it started the same day as Grand Opening, they learned from their mistake. I am sure a bunch of those people on the package were not to happy with the long waits just to even enter the park.

I am still planning on visiting June 24-30 so I am hopeful. I just wish they would come out and announce the grand opening already!

Does anybody remember last time they did this package if the start date of the package was the same day as Grand Opening?

No. The last time they sold packages they were for the original grand opening date which ended up getting pushed back.

June 29th is a "safe date". They want it open before then, but the 29th is a date they figure they can guarantee it will be ready.

Neither. The price I got was close to 950 when staying at Cabana Bay. 3 day park-to-park tickets are 185 dollars total, meaning you're paying around 765 for the room.

does not this deal state $135 per person per day, tickets included? For one person that is only $540. I suppose the deal is better for them if there are 3-4 people in a room.

The HUGE benefit to purchasing the package is that even if DA is not open for regular guests yet, they'll honor the terms of the package and admit the package guests.

Which seems silly. Either the land is guest ready or its not. It can't be "Oh, well since we told it would be ready you can come in but its not finished yet". It will be a nightmare come June 29th if that is the case. I can just see a massive line of people all waiting to get in and then turned away because they didn't book a package. What about deluxe on-site hotel guests that have an AP? They are staying onsite for the same price and paid even more for the ticket. Attempting to limit it to people that strictly purchased the package is NOT the way to do soft openings.

Yeah, I think they will have grand opening before these packages. These are just safe dates. Also, they really on't need packages to get people there for the grand opening, so no need to make deals.

Neither. The price I got was close to 950 when staying at Cabana Bay. 3 day park-to-park tickets are 185 dollars total, meaning you're paying around 765 for the room.

I don't know where you got your Cabana Bay price from but for 2 adults from June 29th for four nights in a standard room, it comes out to $664.20. So, if you add in two Three Day Park to Park tickets, the cost is $1,061 after taxes.

Now this is where things get bad. The SAME dates and details but with the package, you are paying $1,164. So, if you book this "Special Package", you are really getting NO VALUE. In fact, you are paying $103 MORE if you book the package compared to booking the room and tickets separate. Hopefully both breakfast's are free or that "Special themed Welcome Parcel" has $100 bill in it.

I got it straigth from the link on the last page.

If it was the Universal Orlando Vacations website, that $950 price most likely included tickets but was not part of the HP package. I HATE that website. They make it SO hard to tell what you are really paying for. The Room Only website is so much better. Here is the link where you will get the $664.20 price: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR (or you can click Book Hotels at the top of Universalorlando.com and then click "Check Rates" at the top left).

If it was the Universal Orlando Vacations website, that $950 price most likely included tickets but was not part of the HP package. I HATE that website. They make it SO hard to tell what you are really paying for. The Room Only website is so much better. Here is the link where you will get the $664.20 price: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR (or you can click Book Hotels at the top of Universalorlando.com and then click "Check Rates" at the top left).

I know the room only site. I just did it again. It's 932.30 for the HP package for one guest in the room.

Which seems silly. Either the land is guest ready or its not. It can't be "Oh, well since we told it would be ready you can come in but its not finished yet". It will be a nightmare come June 29th if that is the case. I can just see a massive line of people all waiting to get in and then turned away because they didn't book a package. What about deluxe on-site hotel guests that have an AP? They are staying onsite for the same price and paid even more for the ticket. Attempting to limit it to people that strictly purchased the package is NOT the way to do soft openings.

Well, it's what they did last time, and it's in the fine print in the package details.... and from what I've heard from a friend who was a package guest last time, it really was NOT quite ready for guests, but they honored the package and let them come in. FJ was running, but not consistently, IIRC.

I don't know where you got your Cabana Bay price from but for 2 adults from June 29th for four nights in a standard room, it comes out to $664.20. So, if you add in two Three Day Park to Park tickets, the cost is $1,061 after taxes.

Now this is where things get bad. The SAME dates and details but with the package, you are paying $1,164. So, if you book this "Special Package", you are really getting NO VALUE. In fact, you are paying $103 MORE if you book the package compared to booking the room and tickets separate. Hopefully both breakfast's are free or that "Special themed Welcome Parcel" has $100 bill in it.

On cheaptickets, for 2 adults, 4 nights CB arrival 6/29 with the 25% promo code "packup", the all-in price is $520.28. In which case the welcome parcel better come with $250 attached.

Last edited:
I know the room only site. I just did it again. It's 932.30 for the HP package for one guest in the room.

Ah, thats why I wasn't understanding. The $135 price per day they offer is based on two adults. Makes sense now that you are looking for just one guest.

Well, it's what they did last time, and it's in the fine print in the package details.... and from what I've heard from a friend who was a package guest last time, it really was NOT quite ready for guests, but they honored the package and let them come in. FJ was running, but not consistently, IIRC.

Based on what another person said on here already, they created the Phase 1 package and then had to push back the Grand Opening date. So they still honored the package and things where not ready. However, I think Universal really learned their lesson this time and WON'T make that mistake again. Not to mention the fact that last time the media had not been invited to visit before they released the package. If it is going to be 100% ready for the media swarm on June 17th, it will for sure be ready for package guests on June 29th.

I think they are even bringing the package guests down about ten days after the rumored grand opening. Lets face it, the fewer people they have adding to the madness on Grand Opening day, the better!

Wow, $932 for 4 nights actually sounds kind of tempting, since I will be paying over $600 for Hard Rock for only 2 nights with no tickets, and if I have to change the dates to late June and pay full price instead of passholder discount, it would be more like $800 for 2 nights no tickets.

One other thing I notice, in the fine print it still doesn't guarantee early admission to Diagon Alley. Even though it does include a breakfast at Leaky Cauldron, it has the same language as the other packages and onsite room-only:

◊Requires theme park admission. Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to regular scheduled park opening to one (1) Universal Orlando theme park as determined by Universal Orlando. Valid at select attractions at each park. Universal Orlando Resort reserves the right to open alternative attractions in the event that a technical problem arises or an attraction opening is delayed.

Wow, $932 for 4 nights actually sounds kind of tempting, since I will be paying over $600 for Hard Rock for only 2 nights with no tickets, and if I have to change the dates to late June and pay full price instead of passholder discount, it would be more like $800 for 2 nights no tickets.

They surprisingly added AP discounts for these dates to ALL hotels! Well at least the start of the package dates. June 29th for 2 nights at Hard Rock with AP Discount is now $661.50 for the cheapest option (pool view 2 queen). Royal is even cheaper at $549 for two nights! Really shocked they added AP dates to these hotels. Heck, even Cabana Bay got AP rates! $99 a night!

Reactions: freediverdude
They surprisingly added AP discounts for these dates to ALL hotels! Well at least the start of the package dates. June 29th for 2 nights at Hard Rock with AP Discount is now $661.50 for the cheapest option (pool view 2 queen). Royal is even cheaper at $549 for two nights! Really shocked they added AP dates to these hotels. Heck, even Cabana Bay got AP rates! $99 a night!

Orly? Yea I think my deposit for a pool view early June was $319, so that's not too much more then for late June. I am shocked too- I didn't think they would be offering any discounts this summer. And that Cabana Bay is a steal for the fairly good location and constant bus service.

Am I reading it correctly that they are basically giving guests the room for free or the tickets for free depending on how one looks at it? They must be planning on selling a ton of merch to these folks...

Haven't really looked into it, but usually on their offers the starting rate is for an off-site hotel (Remember any stay you book through them gets early park admission, even if it's at a "partner hotel"). And the starting rate is per person per night (and they usually use a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids to figure that rate out).

No. The last time they sold packages they were for the original grand opening date which ended up getting pushed back.

June 29th is a "safe date". They want it open before then, but the 29th is a date they figure they can guarantee it will be ready.

Or the 29th is after the circus that is opening and since they have the old area to fall back on its easier to let the hotel guests have that area and not have Diagon at capacity when the park opens for the day.

Could the fact that they are offering room discounts this Summer be an indication that demand isn't as great (at least yet) as they had anticipated?

Status
Not open for further replies.