Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 281 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shocked too- I didn't think they would be offering any discounts this summer. And that Cabana Bay is a steal for the fairly good location and constant bus service.

The APH discounts seem less valuable than in the past. You can almost always find a better deal than the APH "discount" somewhere else online. APH is most helpful when you stay 1-3 nights, and even then it is comparable to promo rates on orbitz, cheaptickets, etc.

The addition of hotel discounts to the power-pass, and the addition of Cabana Bay have changed the dynamics of the so-called APH discount.

Was over at the Studios and caught up with Amusement Buzz today. He was showing me exactly where Kreacher was, so I grabbed some video.

[video=youtube;XvzqZQu-r9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzqZQu-r9Q[/video]

Reactions: Felipe
Im really over the pages of hotel rate talk! It shouldn't be on this thread anyway! What's going on with that crane!!!!

We've got our first round of music testing.
[video=youtube;XvzqZQu-r9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzqZQu-r9Q#t=76[/video]

Absolutely love that Kreacher animatronic, totally perfect! What an awesome easter egg in what is otherwise an area all about the 'big picture'. I can imagine people's reactions when they spot it out of the corner of their eye. Thanks for the video, AAO!

Last edited:
Well that framework towards the end of the video clearly shows gas lines, so if the dragon is static and non moving, at least we'll have flames :thumbs:

*Note, I've been out of the game for a while, so if this was noticed and discussed before, I didn't see it :cheers:

The APH discounts seem less valuable than in the past. You can almost always find a better deal than the APH "discount" somewhere else online. APH is most helpful when you stay 1-3 nights, and even then it is comparable to promo rates on orbitz, cheaptickets, etc.

The addition of hotel discounts to the power-pass, and the addition of Cabana Bay have changed the dynamics of the so-called APH discount.

Huh. You're right, I went to cheaptickets and with their promotion code, it's bringing up the same exact rate I got with APH.

And, the club rooms are even cheaper on cheaptickets! WTH Universal, I'm supposed to be in an affinity group. Or I guess I should say WTH Loews. Oh wait, this is the Hard Rock, so maybe WTH Seminoles, lol.

Last edited:
As far as a possible opening day, I recently got my itinerary for the media event and I feel like it'll be similar to what Disney did as like a dedication and open several days later. The 20th just says it's when everyone will be leaving. I think if they were to have an opening they would want us to stay to capture the hundreds of fans enjoying the first day.

I don't know if this has been mentioned as of yet, but will Ollivanders continue to employ only male wand makers? :look:

They have to hire so many acting pros, that it has caused me to wonder...
I have several actress friends who say they have recently been hired for Olivanders.

Love seeing Kreacher in the window! But small nitpick -- we can clearly see the bar that the hand and curtain are attached to. I hope they cover that up.

Love seeing Kreacher in the window! But small nitpick -- we can clearly see the bar that the hand and curtain are attached to. I hope they cover that up.

Honestly with how far up he is, I think it is hard to see. When I zoomed in closely you can tell, but otherwise you won't notice it.

Celestina Warbeck

That's neat! :cheers: The atmosphere in Diagon Alley is going to be incredible! Unlike anything else!

Was over at the Studios and caught up with Amusement Buzz today. He was showing me exactly where Kreacher was, so I grabbed some video.

[video=youtube;XvzqZQu-r9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvzqZQu-r9Q[/video]

Excellent video! :rep: Many thanks, AAO! :thumbs:

Which now makes me wonder...where exactly is the staging area for that?

Carkitt Market (the area behind Grimmauld Place):

jDvwv63Tk2q0p.png

(Original pic from Google Earth)

BTW, did all of you see the large sculpture of the original WW Hogwarts cliffs on Bryn Courts website... I was shocked to see it as I had no idea it was ever created/previs'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.