Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 283 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some very interesting photos by Amusement Buzz, iBrainW and Orlando Informer

BoVtKduIYAAS8Dp.jpg:large

Aging the waterfront

BoVX1PFCAAEElLS.jpg:large

Stroller signage at King's Cross Station

100_0897.jpg

Painting the water tower

IMG_4549.jpg

Hogsmade station entrace

100_0877.jpg

100_0865.jpg

parts of the dragon?

IMG_4491.jpg

King's Cross

Photos by Amusement Buzz, iBrainW and Orlando Informer

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I am seriously not liking what they are doing to the stonework of the embankment. Perhaps they aren't finished with what they have done so far... but if they are then it looks like an amateur haunt attraction.

I am seriously not liking what they are doing to the stonework of the embankment. Perhaps they aren't finished with what they have done so far... but if they are then it looks like an amateur haunt attraction.

Yes, hopefully there are a few more layers to make it look realistic.

Anyone else think the wall might be Hogsmeade standing stone V2 if AG / Craig aren't impressed?

"No good, do it again"
"How about now?"
"Do it again"
"How about now?"
"Do it again" :lol:

I tend to agree and hope there is a bit more work to go on it. But it does look quite a lot like this:

lions2.jpg

It's strange how we get so used to looking at the way the things are when they leave them for so long, then when they add more layers to the process, it looks like such a drastic change. I know I got so used to the very warm color on Wyndham's that when they started the next step, it looked to me like they were painting it blue. Of course now it looks perfect.

-- On a barely related side note, while searching for images, I stumbled across this. We can only hope for a freak snowstorm in Orlando next winter.

8402941281_605242b5d5_b.jpg

Reactions: natespf
Another one from today:

@OrlandoInformer
BoWKANVIUAAWT-2.jpg:large

Amazing. I was so worried about how this area would turn out given the limited space between Dragon Challenge and the Sindbad theater. But, from the limited pictures we have seen so far, it appears the area will exceed all my expectations.

I think the wall weathering looks a lot better in this shot. From @iBrianW:

BoV37qtIIAA1md0.jpg:large

Amazing. I was so worried about how this area would turn out given the limited space between Dragon Challenge and the Sindbad theater. But, from the limited pictures we have seen so far, it appears the area will exceed all my expectations.

Yeah, I agree. I haven't seen it in person since the trees started going in, but they seem to really be pulling off the woodsy feeling of the area.

If what they did looked something like this then I would be happy... however it does not look like this.

Maybe they'll just let the mold grow naturally. I often wonder with attractions like ToT that are supposed to look a little grungy if they just let some of that stuff develop on its own. Surely nobody is cleaning the lobby right?

Maybe they'll just let the mold grow naturally. I often wonder with attractions like ToT that are supposed to look a little grungy if they just let some of that stuff develop on its own. Surely nobody is cleaning the lobby right?

Natural deterioration doesn't ever happen at a major CF theme park. It is fake, or it doesn't exist. Cracked concrete walkways are the most obvious problem that the best parks have to address. But green and black natural mold is a no-no. All the green moss on the cliffs of Hogwarts is sculpted concrete painted multiple palettes of yellow and green.

Natural deterioration doesn't ever happen at a major CF theme park. It is fake, or it doesn't exist. Cracked concrete walkways are the most obvious problem that the best parks have to address. But green and black natural mold is a no-no. All the green moss on the cliffs of Hogwarts is sculpted concrete painted multiple palettes of yellow and green.

Sorry, the mold was supposed to be a joke I should have used an emoticon :bonk:

I realize that it is a work in progress, but I can't wait for them to layer more paint onto Hogsmeade Station. It looks so overly yellow right now, like a gingerbread house.

I love how lush and forested this area is already looking!

I'm really happy with the thickness of the foliage. It's only going to look better in just a couple years as those trees will grow quickly.

I hope the London Waterfront ones fill in a little more and don't continue to look so scrawny.

If what they did looked something like this then I would be happy... however it does not look like this.

lion-hunting-7.jpg

This picture is taken in high sun and the exposure is white washed. The tree line is a tell tale sign of inaccurate contrast. The actual wall doesn't exist like this so it would never be art directed as so. Additionally, the UO picture is taken in the shade. Look at the top of the wall. The sun is hitting the top but not the seaside which is under critique. look for a picture of the UO wall with the sun hitting it and you may be more satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.