Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 294 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, the average guest will care when they have to stand in the direct sun for the 60-120 minutes they spend in that queue. That's going to make for a lot of unhappy guests on a busy park day.

I'm also adopting the "wait and see", but I'm leaning on the potential blunder side of the argument.

Although frankly, I'd never get in a 2+ hour line, no ride is worth it.

I agree shade would be nice. And when those trees grow they will provide some nice shade. But to say there will be a lot of unhappy guests as a result, not if you look at the history of UO queues. MIB used to regulary put people in the second half of the extended queue (no shade), Cat in the hat used to have and use an exteded queue where the stage is now (no shade), Most of Rockit's queue has no shade, Spider-Man used to regularly put people in their extended queue and sometimes still do (no shade), and of course the Transformers street queue.

People who come to a theme park during a busy period in Florida expect to wait and expect it to be hot.

And I agree, no 2+ hour line is worth it, come back. But as a local I understand I have that luxury that others might not (kids in school, ect). But the vast majority of those people that come at busy times know that they're not the only ones with the bright idea to come to Florida on vacation.

But to say there will be a lot of unhappy guests as a result, not if you look at the history of UO queues.

I guess the argument is history is not an excuse for poor execution in the future, they should be above their past selves. After all, they afforded a massive canopy for Carkitt market.

I'm also not local, I'd just get up earlier in the morning or visit later at night on a crazy day there when this is being utilized.

OMG you guys... Can we talk about anything more exciting than extended queue...

But you don't understand, a poorly executed exterior queue (as judged from a grainy still taken from a shaky helicopter video) is the end of the world. All of 722 is ruined, no one will come and spend money, Universal will have to close, and all of Orlando will turn into a real life version of The Purge. :bang:

On a side note, anything change with the dragon today?

And again, none of the attractions you've named come close to the level of detail of Diagon Alley and Gringotts. The fact that you've used those for reference shows that quality just doesn't matter because it's what Universal has done in the past. Universal is a very different place now than it was back then. And in regards to your rebuttal about my example... You don't think that Universal has the in-house resources to come up with a viable solution for a cheaper price? Or are you just arguing for the sake of proving your point? The people you're chatting with on this forum are a lot more educated than you like to give credit for. Either make a valid and well thought out point or stop with your spiel. Nobody is asking Universal to create an air conditioned room of marble and gold, we just want something a little more thematically practical and more importantly... Comfortable.

Just remember this diehard Universal fanboys, it's lackluster efforts like this that dilute all that fabulous detail that everybody is excited for.

Last edited:
For the record, I don't think people are actually arguing this is the "end of the world", we are just being critical. I don't like the whole mob mentality of having to put people down or jump down their throats for having a critical eye.

Still very, very, very excited and think this project is near perfection. It's just worth noting areas that may need fixing in the future.

It's not like any of us actually designed this queue (unless you did, then perhaps you may be upset at us). :lol:

Oh my goodness... Outdoor queues aren't typically themed. Especially extended queues because the intended purpose isn't storytelling , it's people holding. This part of the queue is not supposed to be exquisite, and I guarantee you Rowling and Warner Bros wouldn't allow them to do something 'lackluster'... Seriously guys, it's not just 'the way things have been done', it's intelligent allocation of resources. At the end of the day they have to spend money on other projects and the rest of the land is a hell of a lot more important. This is how an extended queue is done, regardless of interior detail. The rest of the land is beautiful so far, and if we're going to be nitpicky about something, let it be something that's supposed to lend itself thematically to the story... Like the damn Kings Cross light :saw:

Reactions: natespf
And again, none of the attractions you've named come close to the level of detail of Diagon Alley and Gringotts. The fact that you've used those for reference shows that quality just doesn't matter because it's what Universal has done in the past. Universal is a very different place now than it was back then. And in regards to your rebuttal about my example... You don't think that Universal has the in-house resources to come up with a viable solution for a cheaper price? Or are you just arguing for the sake of proving your point? The people you're chatting with on this forum are a lot more educated than you like to give credit for. Either make a valid and well thought out point or stop with your spiel. Nobody is asking Universal to create an air conditioned room of marble and gold, we just want something a little more thematically practical and more importantly... Comfortable.

Just remember this diehard Universal fanboys, it's lackluster efforts like this that dilute all that fabulous detail that everybody is excited for.

Dude...this is not opening to the public anytime soon! They aren't done building this thing. If you know for sure that this is exactly how they are leaving it when it's open, then you can complain about it. I agree with you that I would not like standing in that queue (this ride does have an Express queue, right? :lol:) but all this is pretty much not needed. It's premature bitching for something that Universal could be fixing.

Didnt everybody have this discussion about the transformer outside que and look how they worked that out . if you really think they are that dumb then wow :bonk:

Reactions: Manx27
It's not like any of us actually designed this queue (unless you did, then perhaps you may be upset at us). :lol:

:lol: exactly!!! You guys crack me up with your insane fanboy-ism and jumping all over each other because of a freakin theme park. Also somehow I knew the minute this issue was brought up that someone would just have to mention Disney lol.

Didnt everybody have this discussion about the transformer outside que and look how they worked that out . if you really think they are that dumb then wow :bonk:

so, clearly we're all here on a theme park discussion forum because we like looking and judging things when they are complete afterwards. noted. :rofl:

:lol: exactly!!! You guys crack me up with your insane fanboy-ism and jumping all over each other because of a freakin theme park. Also somehow I knew the minute this issue was brought up that someone would just have to mention Disney lol.

Oh didn't you hear? Disney just opened up the most hyped mediocre "roller-coaster" this side of the century!!

In other news.....fanboys continue rampaging on about an outdoor waiting line...10 pages and counting folks!

:blank:

so, clearly we're all here on a theme park discussion forum because we like looking and judging things when they are complete afterwards. noted.
not what im saying at all just to calm down and wait it out and don't jump to conclusions and have faith that they will get most things right

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.