Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 321 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, Another shoot will be taking place starting tomorrow. Unlike last month's 2day filming, this will be a much more substantial 10 day shoot, day and night. (June 3-13)

FYI, Another shoot will be taking place starting tomorrow. Unlike last month's 2day filming, this will be a much more substantial 10 day shoot, day and night. (June 3-13)

Which leads perfectly into the rumored June 14th soft opening before the press arrives on the 17th (Tonight Show) and gets all the filming done for promo's to release. Seems like a given that guests will be in the area starting on the 14th but no sooner and everything will be ready by at least the 13th. We are in the final stretch! Still thinking grand opening will happen sometime during the main press event that is going on for 5 days (if you count Tonight Show starting a day before everybody else).

Reactions: PourJudgment
Going up June 20-22 for a quick trip to Disney and Universal, depending if softs happen. Really hoping I get in. I will have a lot more pictures to post if I do.

Heard a few more reviews today....heard from a non-HP fan that the HE was fantastic, and that the simulation is incredibly convincing but that the in-cabin effects are what really make the ride. So my excitement has been restored and Im sure that any theme park fan in general, HP nerd or not, can appareciate the ride for its storytelling ability and technological achievements.

However, on a less positive note, the ice cream line was reported to be at over an hour throughout the mock service despite only 600 people being allowed in...get ready for some serious issues with this place when it opens to the public.

Heard a few more reviews today....heard from a non-HP fan that the HE was fantastic, and that the simulation is incredibly convincing but that the in-cabin effects are what really make the ride. So my excitement has been restored and Im sure that any theme park fan in general, HP nerd or not, can appareciate the ride for its storytelling ability and technological achievements.

However, on a less positive note, the ice cream line was reported to be at over an hour throughout the mock service despite only 600 people being allowed in...get ready for some serious issues with this place when it opens to the public.
As Bill Cosby used to say, "Ice Cream, Ice Cream, we all scream for Ice Scream. " On a more serious note, I envision huge lines for everything in those small cramped alley ways & stores. But then, that'll make it seem awesomely realistic big city wise, but frustrating.

I recall when Hogsmeade first opened, they were not ready for huge lines for the stores and the streets just became packed from people waiting to get in stores, especially Ollivanders. Have they made queues for the stores this time around that are not in the street or is it going to be just like Hogsmeade when it opened?

I recall when Hogsmeade first opened, they were not ready for huge lines for the stores and the streets just became packed from people waiting to get in stores, especially Ollivanders. Have they made queues for the stores this time around that are not in the street or is it going to be just like Hogsmeade when it opened?

Im not sure, Im not an employee so I havent gotten to go. Im sure that no matter what they do crowds will spill out into streets anyway though.

Im not sure, Im not an employee so I havent gotten to go. Im sure that no matter what they do crowds will spill out into streets anyway though.

They most definitely will be spilling into the streets, but in the latest Diagon Alley video you can see what appears to be some sort of a queue inside the ice cream. So queues will be there, and they'll help...ever so slightly.

I always wondered why they didn't have the stores that are just fronts be queues when it's really busy. I'm not sure where the stores are located, but wouldn't it be cool if Madame Malkins was not just a store front and you actually could go in and its basically a themed queue for the Ice Cream Parlor? Just throwing things out there.

This might just be an operations issue that can be resolved, so I'm hopeful.

I bet that if you're at USF after the 14th, and not on the 18th or 19th, you'll get into Diagon Alley. Don't egg me if you don't. Just a gut feeling. :rofl:

This might just be an operations issue that can be resolved, so I'm hopeful.

I bet that if you're at USF after the 14th, and not on the 18th or 19th, you'll get into Diagon Alley. Don't egg me if you don't. Just a gut feeling. :rofl:

Also, its likely that Gringotts will not be open on these dates...however, the entire queue up to the pre-show is.

As far as the operations issue, it may be a matter of restricting sampling of flavors by guests.

If I was universal I would be investing in some more soft serve ice cream machines and placing them at various locations around the land that serve normal Butterbeer and food. However, these machines would ONLY feature the Butterbeer flavor. We all know the flavor that is going to be getting ordered BY FAR the most is Butterbeer so if they can set up locations other than the ice cream shop with Butterbeer ice cream, the main shops line might not be as bad. They should know after the insane lines for Butterbeer when they first opened and had to scramble to get more locations to serve it that an ice cream version is going to be extremely popular.

Plus, if they put the ice cream machines at all the Butterbeer carts, they can totally destroy Disney and there famous Dole Whip Float by having a Butterbeer Float! Butterbeer Ice Cream topped with Butterbeer soda and then the famous cream topping! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Well last week everybody was saying the 7th, so there's just too many conflicting reports to really make plans. Which is probably what they want, and then just fling the doors open by surprise one day. I'm about ready to just throw up my hands and say forget it til fall, which would be a shame, because by fall 2010 Hogsmeade was a lot worse for the wear, a lot less merchandise, dumbed down by the Disney moms, etc. than it was during the softs.

I love how this project and Hogsmeade are so day and night. Especially the fact that we had the opening day for Phase one two months way in advance. This project we are praying everyday and opening day is announced. :lol:

Well last week everybody was saying the 7th, so there's just too many conflicting reports to really make plans. Which is probably what they want, and then just fling the doors open by surprise one day. I'm about ready to just throw up my hands and say forget it til fall, which would be a shame, because by fall 2010 Hogsmeade was a lot worse for the wear, a lot less merchandise, dumbed down by the Disney moms, etc. than it was during the softs.
I'd be shocked if they weren't stocked 100 times over with merchandise, especially since they have even more original stores this time around. Who can say how this will play out though.

Ive just been checking some of my old posts on another website and June 14th 2010 was the first day that Hogsmeade opened to the general public instead of shutting the doors after the hotel guests were allowed in. Coincidence?

Just heard word from a TM who recently rode that the Hogwarts Express will in fact have random ride elements like Star Tours 2.0. I know we debunked this rumor months back, but is it possible that we see slightly different profiles in addition to the two confirmed ones?

Universal didn't announce soft opening for Transformers or Despicable Me, nor did they announce TM previews, they just opened one night for them. I was working both days, working Superstar Parade, and we were told that "hey, DM (or Transformers) is opening for TM previews tonight if you want to go after your shift". I have a feeling it will be the same with DA, and hopefully, it will be at a time when I'm there and don't have other work to do, so that I can enjoy the area before the madness begins.

Ive just been checking some of my old posts on another website and June 14th 2010 was the first day that Hogsmeade opened to the general public instead of shutting the doors after the hotel guests were allowed in. Coincidence?

The first time I went into Hogsmeade for a general public soft opening was 6/10. I also got in on 6/12. I also know that I definitely didn't make it in for the first public soft opening.

The first time I went into Hogsmeade for a general public soft opening was 6/10. I also got in on 6/12. I also know that I definitely didn't make it in for the first public soft opening.

Ah well, I remember one of the loaders at Fj telling me that this was the first day it had stayed open

Status
Not open for further replies.