Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 334 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I was really dubious about the dragon, but I've completed U-turned after seeing that. Magnificent!

The dragon looks great, you can see it perfectly from Mel's and just to the side of Transformers. It doesn't look capable of moving, but I'm excited to see how they make the fire work.

I think the Variety article let the cat out of the bag a little early! I have been saying all along that the Grand Opening would be during the massive press event. It just didn't make sense to invite the press down twice (once for this "preview" and then again for the GO) in the span of two or three weeks. Invite the press down, let them explore the land before a ton of people invade it but still have the press down there for the grand opening day. The night of the 19th will be the final press "event" where they do the big opening with all the fireworks and stuff like they did for Phase 1 and then the morning they land will be open! I have a feeling tomorrow we will get the announcement in the form of a video with the cast members that were down there yesterday.

I think the Variety article let the cat out of the bag a little early! I have been saying all along that the Grand Opening would be during the massive press event. It just didn't make sense to invite the press down twice (once for this "preview" and then again for the GO) in the span of two or three weeks. Invite the press down, let them explore the land before a ton of people invade it but still have the press down there for the grand opening day. The night of the 19th will be the final press "event" where they do the big opening with all the fireworks and stuff like they did for Phase 1 and then the morning they land will be open! I have a feeling tomorrow we will get the announcement in the form of a video with the cast members that were down there yesterday. -BadgeKing

Yea, I actauly agree that SOMETHING will be said tommorow but I think they will say the release date on Monday more or less..

Surely that wing is absolutely asking for it in storm / high wind conditions?!

And that is why it has been reported that an aviation company worked/consulted on engineering the skeleton. Too, remember that the Gringotts facade is one of the few buildings there that is solid reinforced concrete from bottom to top.

Surely that wing is absolutely asking for it in storm / high wind conditions?!

I also think that the wing may be able to "rotate" down during extreme high wind. I remember when the dragon body was installed people noticed stuff inside the body and people were all thinking it was the tools needs to animate the dragon. However, I think it was all very basic stuff to simply rotate the wing out of direct wind.

While I don't think this will need to happen often, I do think they created something to lower the wing quickly for hurricane winds. If this is indeed something the dragon wing can do, I don't think it would ever happen when guests were in the park. Plus, it might make it easier to make repairs if they can rotate it lower. If something breaks at the very top, its going to be difficult to repair it so being able to "spin" the wing down so the top of the wing is near the ground would make repairs much easier as well.

Youre correct...TMs are scheduled, but in other locations that arent Diagom. There are nearly 10 extra TMs in some non-Diagon stores apparently. I am not sure if this applies to all departments, however.

Could apply to merch, but definitely not everywhere else.

Wait... why do some of you think there will be an announcement tomorrow? What is happening tomorrow?

I think they were talking more on the lines of, it's looking almost complete and they're ready to announce the opening, maybe in a video from Fred, George and Ginny. Just wishful thinking lol

I did this rather quickly and for fun. Wanted an idea where I would be vs where I used to be...
BpfiqiTCYAEaLbQ.jpg

I think an announcement will be by Monday, because all of those big Mardi Gras billboards are going to have to be replaced by something.....

Do you think there would be softs or anything next weekend? Couldn't they just open kingscross first?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.