Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Orlando Parks tweet about a 6:00 soft opening even caused an uproar over at the Orlando Informer Forums. Hatfield is emphatically denying that he had anything to do with it since there was a report from the crowd lining up that the TM's there blamed the rumor on OI. Some posters were talking about tar & feathers for the tweeter. Man, he really caused a lot of issues with that false rumor.

To be fair there were those of us who said to ignore it..... but sadly they did not listen.

I just feel sorry for the poor TM's who have to deal with angry fans for the next week. Maybe they should have kept the walls up longer? With the walls down, even the average theme park goer is going to suspect softs...

It's such a shame that we have to go through all of this non-sense with soft openings now. Before, we never really had to drive home the point of what a soft opening was.

It's such a shame that we have to go through all of this non-sense with soft openings now. Before, we never really had to drive home the point of what a soft opening was.

I think people are just a little antsy at the moment. Walls come down and they want softs right after

Yellow shirt as in the team member guarding the chains? (TM in wardrobe, yellow polo, khaki pants/shorts?)

Their information is about as good as the dippin dots guy. They will find out about softs when a member of management comes over and tells them to let people in.

Indeed, I am one of those people, and we aren't told much of anything, except when we can open it up, and that is not in advance.

When we did this the last time around, we would be told "ok, go ahead and open", and then told when to close it off. The first time we let the general public in (not EPA people, they had first access to the area), it was open for a grand total of 2 minutes.

Last edited:
If people had the sense to think critically rather than just slavishly believing everything they see we wouldn't have such a problem.

This hit me as so funny on twitter:

@wewamiller
Excuse me sir, which way to Diagon Alley??.....got it!
BpuSwt1IIAAxnw1.jpg

Well I am 100% sure that softs WILL BE HAPPENING. But I am not allowed to say when until after it happens. :look:

Ah, see what I did there? Ah, ah. :pound:

Everything looks great! Thanks to all who have posted progress pics along this journey. It is very much appreciated!:cheers: We have 3 more months to the day until we get to check this out. Unless of course they decide to delay the soft opening until the middle of *September.:sneaky:

*I did not read that on Twitter, JFTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.